Thread: moksha

moksha

namaste
    Moksha or liberation from the world, is found in the state of nonduality, in which the world but more importantly you cease to exist.
    When we are identified with the brain, we feel caged In a body, but once identification with a brain(and nervous system for that matter) then our locality disappears.
    Peoples call it liberation because "you" feel infinite, it feels like a bird set free from its bodily cage, now the self flies in all directions, giving life to the world.

But to make a dogmatic science out of it is to allow it to elude you.
    Lord Dattatreta says
    " some search for nonduality, others for duality, but neither know the truth"

If we avoid duality, we will never be fully liberated, and if we avoid non duality we wont experience any samhadi.
    To intellectualizes it to much is to only know sat and chit, and forget about Amanda
    But to forgo knowledge in favor of emotion, is to only know Amanda and to forgo sat and Chit.

To be mukti, we need to unbiasly become adepts at all four(or five if you count tantra) yogas.

Peace om
    "Names and forms are like bangles and braclets and Vishnu is like the Gold." - Adi Shankara

Re: moksha

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    namaste
    Moksha or liberation from the world,
    I see it just a bit differently...

I personally do not see the ~world~ as the issue. The world remains before and after this moka. It is one's view of the world. That of differentiated or undifferentiated awareness.

The world does not give me one bit of distress when I am asleep, yet when the eyes are open, then grief is possible. Yet in both cases my Being has not changed even one iota.

So, what then is different ? It surely is not the world but must be within 'me' somewhere don't you think ?

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste
    You obviously know whats up, and as usual you are right in your point.
    But aren't these Symantecs , sage Vasistha says; think the world real think the world unreal, it doesn't matter as long as the subtratum of Brahman is known.

Both positions can be argued accurate.

If we consider the world an illusion it is because the senses mind and nervous system percieve the world uniquely and thus do not see the ultimate reality.

If we consider the world real, the it is because the energy that triggers false perception is real, it is Sat. The senses just interpret the real world uniquely.
    "Names and forms are like bangles and braclets and Vishnu is like the Gold." - Adi Shankara

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    Namaste
    You obviously know whats up, and as usual you are right in your point.
    But aren't these Symantecs , sage Vasistha says; think the world real think the world unreal, it doesn't matter as long as the subtratum of Brahman is known.

Both positions can be argued accurate.

If we consider the world an illusion it is because the senses mind and nervous system percieve the world uniquely and thus do not see the ultimate reality.

If we consider the world real, the it is because the energy that triggers false perception is real, it is Sat. The senses just interpret the real world uniquely.
    the world is as you are...

This is 'tested' every day. One person is happy, delighted, another is filled with grief. What has the world done ? It has kept its job of spinning, providing air, water, food, etc. to the happy one and to the one field with grief.

So, it boils down to the person.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaskar
    I think its easier to call it illusion, it reminds me that
    what i see is not real, just Atman Lila so to speak

Namasthe

I see too many posts discussing the maya, illusion on HDF.

But IMHO and understanding so far:
    When we realize the changeless (the source of all of us) and live with that , seeing all varying, changeable as temporary and not to be worried , , then there is liberation or Moksha

Pranams

Thread Information