Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hare Krsna

Hare Krsna!

Dandavat pranams to all the forum members here and the moderator who helped activate my account. I'm very pleased to read the wealth of information and happy for the opportunity to share what I can.

Haribol!

uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

Re: Hare Krsna!

Namaste and Hare Krishna,

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to learning about your realizations.

Pranam.

Hare KRshNa ~ welcome.

Stealing the Transcendental Baby of Vraja from your post...

[HE is just way too ~ ~ adorable]
    Last edited by smaranam; 24 November 2013 at 10:20 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Welcome to the Forum.
    Jeff (a.k.a. Govinda Das)

Hindu Quaker.
    Though I am eternal, immutable, and the Lord of all beings, yet I manifest Myself by controlling material Nature, using My own divine potential energy, the Divine Light
    (Bhagavad Gita 4:6

Smile Re: Hare Krsna!

Namaste,

Another Hare krishna member !

Are you a hindu? If no, how did you come to know about hindu dharma ? Why did you prefer hindu dharma over your family religion ?

I am too krishna devotee. What do you think about krishna ? According to you, who is krishna ?

The last question : Have you read any hindu scriptures apart from iskcon's books ? What makes you think that iskcon is right ?

Btw ,welcome to hindu dharma forums. This forum is very special. This is always full of spiritual knowledge.

Hari narayana !
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 25 November 2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Hari On!

Are you a hindu?
    I shared in another post, a link to the official ISKCON website which states: "
    ISKCON is a religious movement that also identifies itself as The Hare Krishna Movement™. ISKCON belongs to the Gaudiya-Vaishnava sampradaya, a monotheistic tradition within the Vedic and Hindu cultural traditions." http://iskcon.org/

If no, how did you come to know about hindu dharma ? Why did you prefer hindu dharma over your family religion ?
    My father and mother are both Americans, but my mother's family is Indians from India. This is my religion. Also, it comes to a fine line of potentially being Vaishnava Aparadh to question a Vaishnava based on caste, race or origin whether low, high, or from non-Dharmic background.
    “The living entities in this conditioned world are My eternal, fragmental parts. Due to conditioned life, they are struggling very hard with the six senses, which include the mind.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita, 15.7)

"When a person is admitted into Vishnu's family, he is called a Vaishnava. It has been said that of all people, the Vaishnava is certainly the most exalted."-Padma Purana, Uttara-khanda

I am too krishna devotee. What do you think about krishna ? According to you, who is krishna ?
    The Supreme Lord has described Himself authoritatively in various scriptures and clarified by the Vani of various Guru Maharajas. The opinion of my conditioned mind is irrelevant.
    The last question : Have you read any hindu scriptures apart from iskcon's books ? What makes you think that iskcon is right ?
    ISKCON is an organization empowered to convey the spiritual teachings of Mahaprabhu Chaitanya under the direction of
    His Divine Grace Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. ISKCON, as a movement studies the Vaishnava scriptures which exist within the Hindu cultural tradition, since HINDU is a continent (Hindustan) and a culture. The RELIGION of the Hindu people is SANATANA DHARMA, which translates as eternally righteous. Vaishnavism in principle is the practice of eternal righteousness, and therefore well fitting into Sanatan Dharm. Members of ISKCON and ISKCON related groups accept the primacy of Srila Prabhupada as Guru Acharya, His Vani is considered authoritative for us.

Hari narayana !
    Govinda Hare Gopala Hare ( Narayana )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1n4VWd0Ls
    uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devi Dasi View Post
    Govinda Hare Gopala Hare ( Narayana )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1n4VWd0Ls
    Beautiful!..sorry, I couldn't help myself. Jai shrI kR^iShN[a]!
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Devi Dasi View Post
    My father and mother are both Americans, but my mother's family is Indians from India. This is my religion. Also, it comes to a fine line of potentially being Vaishnava Aparadh to question a Vaishnava based on caste, race or origin whether low, high, or from non-Dharmic background.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    “The living entities in this conditioned world are My eternal, fragmental parts. Due to conditioned life, they are struggling very hard with the six senses, which include the mind.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita, 15.7)

"When a person is admitted into Vishnu's family, he is called a Vaishnava. It has been said that of all people, the Vaishnava is certainly the most exalted."-Padma Purana, Uttara-khanda
    Pranam-s,

The two scriptural quotes you have provided do not address caste/origin in terms of them exclaiming that questioning a Vaishnava in terms of caste, race, origin, etc. is aparAdha/violation.

The Supreme Lord has described Himself authoritatively in various scriptures and clarified by the Vani of various Guru Maharajas. The opinion of my conditioned mind is irrelevant.
    It would be intellectually honest to mention the mere fact that the above is an opinionated insight derived from opinionated commentaries upon opinionated commentaries.

ps - Welcome to HDF.

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    The two scriptural quotes you have provided do not address caste/origin in terms of them exclaiming that questioning a Vaishnava in terms of caste, race, origin, etc. is aparAdha/violation.

It would be intellectually honest to mention the mere fact that the above is an opinionated insight derived from opinionated commentaries upon opinionated commentaries.
    This was her introductory post. She was nice enough to have answered so many questions to the best of her understanding of the scriptures. Perhaps we should let her settle down in the forum before this heavy hitting "intellectual honesty" stuff. I am just sayin' - a new member deserves better.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 26 November 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

This was her introductory post. She was nice enough to have answered so many questions to the best of her understanding of the scriptures. Perhaps we should let her settle down in the forum before this heavy hitting "intellectual honesty" stuff. I am just sayin' - a new member deserves better.

Pranam.
    Namaste,

On the other hand, it actually may be a good way for the new member to adapt and become comfortable with the rigorous critical thinking type of discourse that occurs on HDF.

Thread Information