Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punjabi Sikh Toasts in the UK: "Jatt Girls Going Down the Drain"

Re: Punjabi Sikh Toasts in the UK: "Jatt Girls Going Down the Drain"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post
    So what, according to that same report, Muslims also practice heavy caste discrimination in the UK:

"Indeed, even the primary association of caste with Hindu communities needs to be scrutinized as the NIESR report mostly cites cases of caste discrimination among Sikhs and Muslims."
    And, therein lies the problem with arbitrary "research" that gets presented to the House of Lords.....using a report that shows two different groups as ones being affected by caste-discrimination the most from their own socio-religous members where as Hindus, and let alone Dalit Hindus, in the UK, aren't even the ones suffering the most [because an overwhelming vast majority of those suffering from caste-discrimination are Muslims and Sikhs due to facing discrimination from other Muslims and Sikhs, not from Hindus]. But, they still use the report to either lyingly spread more anti-Hindu agenda or to just pass time until it's tea hour. Idk.

By the way, don't you find it funny how Muslims always blame Hindus for varNAshrama and claim that their religion is more "egalitarian" (lol) despite the fact that Arabs, Persians, and Turks (i.e. Muslims) were the ones who enslaved people and looted all the way from the Danish Coast in the west to China in the East and were also responsible for the enslavement of over 120 million Africans (much more than the 14 million Africans enslaved in the transatlantic slave trade, which was still horrifyingly gruesome); at least Sikhs and Hindus never enslaved anyone; in addition, why doesn't anyone ever acknowledge the genocide of 80 million Hindus and Buddhists in South Asia by Muslim mleccha-s from the period of 1200 AD to 1500 AD? "Religion of peace" my bu**!
    Don't even get me started on the violent history of Islam. So, I'll succinctly state: I agree with the above^.
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 07 December 2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    And, therein lies the problem with arbitrary "research" that gets presented to the House of Lords.....using a report that shows two different groups as ones being affected by caste-discrimination the most from their own socio-religous members where as Hindus, and let alone Dalit Hindus, in the UK, aren't even the ones suffering the most [because an overwhelming vast majority of those suffering from caste-discrimination are Muslims and Sikhs due to facing discrimination from other Muslims and Sikhs, not from Hindus]. But, they still use the report to either lyingly spread more anti-Hindu agenda or to just pass time until it's tea hour. Idk.
    I just looked up the report and it appears that the NIESR report actually does address the use of the word chamAr abusively:

"X is a British born Valmiki. He works for a large company with a mixed race workforce. Seven years ago, X stood for Chair of his workplace Social Club, against a Sikh. He had been on the committee for several years. His friends, who were mostly young Jatt Sikhs, told him that older Jatt Sikhs were saying not to vote for him because he was low caste. (This included people who were friends of other family members.) He heard them calling him ‘Chamar’ and saying ‘We don’t want the Chura’, although a Jatt Sikh defended him. He reported this to his employers, who put up posters against racism saying that racism was a disciplinary offence. The younger Jatts and others supported him and he was elected. The same thing happened when he stood again three years ago. He said that everyone continues to talk to each other but the older Sikhs were not as friendly as before. X found the experience very stressful and it made him feel bad: they were all Asians, they used to be friendly and had eaten together. He now stays out of older Jatt Sikhs’ way. His friends (Jatt Sikhs) gave him a lot of help. ‘If you don’t have friends, it must be really bad, [you’d] feel you were doing something wrong.’ (Case study 20)"

"X encountered a business customer whom he had met elsewhere. Previously, the man, a Jatt Sikh in his 50s, had questioned him about his background (and found that they came from the same village). X is a Chamar. The man asked a white manager about X’s religion. She said he was a Buddhist. The man was surprised, saying he acted like a Jatt. The manager did not understand any of this, until X explained. The manager then said to X ‘Is it true you are from a lower caste because your people make shoes?’. She did not realise this could upset or offend X. And I said, well, you can believe what you want. And she was like, oh, have I said something wrong? I said, no, nothing at all. But really I was thinking, I just didn’t really want to go through the rigmarole of explaining and this and, you know, I just couldn’t be bothered with it, but that is still happening in the workplace. X continued to see this customer (who tried to curry favour with X, as he was in a powerful position). X tried to explain why the man’s behaviour was offensive: Yeah, the tone and the expression on the face. It’s, when, in all the cases when the people say it, they all, they take a step back. They take step back as if you’re filth or you’re dirt. That’s how they make you feel. (Case study 19)"

"X, who is of low caste, reported bullying by supervisors and managers and unfair treatment to be common at his workplace. ‘If a Sikh wants a holiday, he gets it. If I ask, I’m refuse[d]. He gave a recent example where he was refused because, he was told, too many people were off, but, he said, the numbers were ‘well’ within the limits required. He described that he felt the way the Punjabi Jatt line managers looked at him and other lower caste employees was about seeing them as at the bottom, that they ‘have a laugh’ amongst themselves when they see lower caste employees struggling. ‘Sikhs are higher class (sic) than Hindus. The way they look at us. I can’t explain it. We’re treated unfairly. They talk to us much. If we ask a question, they won’t give us a full answer.’ (Case study 10) He said that the Sikh line managers got on well with other Sikhs. They did sometimes treat people of their own caste badly, but not all the time. However, the perceived bullying was not confined to lower castes. A Muslim friend of his was bullied by the shift managers, who made demands on him beyond his job. White British and black employees also had problems with these line managers. (Case study 10)"

Wow, I never knew that caste-discrimination was this common among some Jat Sikhs! Even though it makes me feel bad, this report was a bit eye-opening.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post
    Wow, I never knew that caste-discrimination was this common among some Jat Sikhs! Even though it makes me feel bad, this report was a bit eye-opening.
    I find it completely and utterly ironic.
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 08 December 2013 at 05:53 AM.

Thread Information