Thread: Please help me decipher shiva maya

Please help me decipher shiva maya

Hi,

I had been doing solah somvar vrat and successfully did udyapan last month. 2 weeks ago i went to mahakaaleshwar temple with my mother. I was emotionally very low as i have been going through personal problems. I asked shiva to show me the way...i came back from mahakaal on Sunday and on Monday morning i did puja at home ... did abhiskek of shivling with water and sandalwood paste and took my mother to a dattatreya temple on Alandi hills in pune...to my surprise i saw a cobra...it stood with its hood up.i sat beside the cobra but it didn't hiss or charge...i sat beside it and prayed...it was on the day of amavasya and people said it was lucky...what is the message that neelkanth is trying to convey?

Re: Please help me decipher shiva maya

Hi manuandshilpi,
    You are lucky indeed to be sitting close to a cobra. Lord Shiva is trying to tell you that He is with you all along so whatever is troubling you can trust He will help and do your best.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Re: Please help me decipher shiva maya

Dear ManuandShilpi

NeelakanTha (Shiva, the Blue-throated due to drinking the halAhala of the world) is utmost compassonate and listens to sincere prayers. Once He has listened, He will turn your life around in amazing ways without making it evident that He was behind it.

This is an amazing happening that you have shared. There is a mysterious relationship between DattAtreya Temple and CobrA. A few years ago, a 1000 shiv-linga yadnya took place near a DattAtreya Temple. A beautiful strong Cobra came to the yadnya grounds, went into the Temple, and wound Himself around Datta mUrtI with His Hood above Datta's crown as umbrella! Just as Shesha-nAga makes an umbrella for the Lord.

The devotees had a snake-charmer put silver ornaments on His nose. They took pictures, and let Him stay in the tree-garden there.

The founder of this Temple-muTh is a very devout saint. Whenever people see the picture album and discuss "nAga nAga (cobra)" he corrects them "Not nAga, That is Parameshwar"
    <Don't think this is a cobra. Parameshwar is visiting these pavitra (spiritual pure pious) grounds.>

Thought that had to be shared.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information