Thread: Greetings and Salutations

Greetings and Salutations

Namaskar,

This site has been a resource and guide for me for some time. I am glad I found my way here, my heartfelt thanks to the Admin for creating this, the mods for maintaining it, and to everyone who has posted links to, and in some cases created, so many great collections of scripture and texts.

I was born and still live in the North East US, to a family that is half Sunday Catholic and half secular(ish) Protestant, (Unitarian). I was raised in those traditions and in this culture, but I have never been Christian and have never understood much of that philosophy. My stories of hours spent annoying CCD Teachers and Ministers with unanswerable questions, finding the holes in their explanations, and of years as a lay student of comparative religion looking for something that matched the truths I was born knowing are probably familiar ones.

I had, of course, brushed the edges of Sanatana Dharma several times, but never in a way that took hold and made me realize what I was seeing, I was too angry by then I think. But it's true that sometimes you can only find what you're looking for when you stop looking so hard and remember to just open your eyes. Some realizations and truths can only be learned in the fullness of time, when the seeker is ready.

Lord Ganapati, through a gift given me years ago, opened the path and life has slowly guided me. This year we were incredibly blessed to be able to go to India for the first time, during Ganesha Chaturthi. We went from pujas and parades to stunning Temples, asking blessings at the feet of Lord Vishnu and Lord Hanuman. And then we went to Mahakaleshwar and the universe changed.

I am blessed to meet you all.
    Pranam.

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Om

Namaste

Welcome to this forum. Have a enjoyable learning and sharing.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Dear Aanandinii,

Welcome to forums and hope you will find it a great place.

Om Namah Shivaya
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Hari Om!

Namaskaar Aanandinii,

Nice to see your post and a most warm welcome.

Your experiences speak for themselves and I hope that you will continue to share and enlighten us along the way, sharing what you will and taking in the vast knowledge that lays within the many pages here.

All the best on your journey friend.

Om

Namaste Friends,

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes. I look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar,

This site has been a resource and guide for me for some time. I am glad I found my way here, my heartfelt thanks to the Admin for creating this, the mods for maintaining it, and to everyone who has posted links to, and in some cases created, so many great collections of scripture and texts.

I was born and still live in the North East US, to a family that is half Sunday Catholic and half secular(ish) Protestant, (Unitarian). I was raised in those traditions and in this culture, but I have never been Christian and have never understood much of that philosophy. My stories of hours spent annoying CCD Teachers and Ministers with unanswerable questions, finding the holes in their explanations, and of years as a lay student of comparative religion looking for something that matched the truths I was born knowing are probably familiar ones.

I had, of course, brushed the edges of Sanatana Dharma several times, but never in a way that took hold and made me realize what I was seeing, I was too angry by then I think. But it's true that sometimes you can only find what you're looking for when you stop looking so hard and remember to just open your eyes. Some realizations and truths can only be learned in the fullness of time, when the seeker is ready.

Lord Ganapati, through a gift given me years ago, opened the path and life has slowly guided me. This year we were incredibly blessed to be able to go to India for the first time, during Ganesha Chaturthi. We went from pujas and parades to stunning Temples, asking blessings at the feet of Lord Vishnu and Lord Hanuman. And then we went to Mahakaleshwar and the universe changed.

I am blessed to meet you all.
    Pranam.
    Highest Pranam-s, Ānandinī:

Welcome to HDF. Please make yourself acquainted and I am glad to have you become a part of the Sanatani group. Thank you for sharing your story. I am also very happy that you were able to go to India and had a wonderful time. Thank you.

regards

Welcome to the forum.
    May your changed universe provide you with peace of mind and spiritual happiness.

Namaskar Sudas-ji and Believer-ji,

Thank you both for such kind welcomes. I look forward to seeing you both in the Forums.

Thank you as well for the wishes, Believer-ji.

Pranam-s
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information