Thread: Keeping Things in Perspective

Keeping Things in Perspective

Namaste Friends,

On a light note, I would like to share this humorous piece to remind us all (myself included) about how ridiculous we all sometimes look when we lose a sense of perspective:

http://xkcd.com/386/

Pranams and best wishes.
    "One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life." (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

Re: Keeping Things in Perspective

Namaste

That's funny, thanks for sharing. Regarding a side thought on how some take something posted to the internet a little too seriously, considering it is quickly becoming a cluttered wasteland (perhaps cloud technology "gets it" and thus surrender to the cloud which is not too far off from "surrender to the void"), some also get an exaggerated sense of self importance that exceeds any real perspective.

One aspect of my life since the earliest days of mainframe computing and cobol on punch cards to the first pcs on to now GPU processing of computation using onboard CUDA and what is now called "transcendental math" (I feel sorry for the kids entering college to come with this math), despite the irony of what is important that this comic speaks of, yet it is becoming clear that the human mind and the ability to "multi-task" is an adaptive behavior that is growing dramatically in the human ethos. Just to avoid a certain level of boredom, many can do multiple things all at the same time WITHOUT necessarily diminishing the result of one over the other, such as hearing and comprehending scripture, writing a computer program, drinking a cup of green tea, while typing on a forum and telling one's wife how to reset the printer and talking on skype all at the same time while cooking some dal and beans.

Pretty soon we may start to evolve to four arms instead of two. Simply because that is what we are becoming for good or bad.

Om Namah Sivaya

Vannakkam: And yet substantial concentration is lost in multitasking. Cell phones and driving aren't two that should be combined. Ask an accident victim.

But indeed the cartoon is an effective reminder of how 'unreal' these conversations might just be.

Aum Namasivaya

Indeed you are right EM. As per a post in a forum I made confessing to the fact that a while back I almost ran over a baby kitten while texting info into a forum while driving a car home from work. Not only do we need four arms, we need four to six eyes including on the back of our head.

... but I didn't run over it!

Thread Information