Thread: Castor OIL in removing toxins and internal lubrication

Castor OIL in removing toxins and internal lubrication

I Have come across many readings on the benefits of Castor OIL... till than all I knew of Castor OIL was that its a very good LAXATIVE....

Has anyone come across the benefits of Castor OIL (Eranda OIL) in terms of curing Arthiritis, or removing of build up toxins.. etc. Whats the suggested solutions for it...
    Brahma satyam jaganmithyaa jiivo brahma iva naaparah....

Re: Castor OIL in removing toxins and internal lubrication

Quote Originally Posted by YogSadhak View Post
    I Have come across many readings on the benefits of Castor OIL... till than all I knew of Castor OIL was that its a very good LAXATIVE....

Has anyone come across the benefits of Castor OIL (Eranda OIL) in terms of curing Arthiritis, or removing of build up toxins.. etc. Whats the suggested solutions for it...
    Namaste Yog,

I think it is also used to induce vomiting in case of poisoning if no syrup of ipacec is on hand.

mira

Thanks Mirabai, That is sure some interesting information as in few places I have read about to avoiding usage of SALT in inducing vomitting.....

Hari OM !

Thanks Mirabai, That is sure some interesting information as in few places I have read about to avoiding usage of SALT in inducing vomitting.....

Hari OM !
    I am not sure what you mean YogSadhak, where did I speak about usage of salt?

Sri Krishna Govinda
    Sri Hari Murare

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/facts-sl...saf-treat.html

My humble apologies. It appears that Ipecec to induce vomiting is not recommended by most sources. This Cornell still lists it on their website for emergency treatment with pesticide poisoning, but it may be outdated.

I know very well not to make even a casual comment without checking for accuracy but I fell into carelessness. YogSadhak thank you for questioning, and I will remember to qualify my comments always.

I do remember (long time ago!) that little brown bottle in my parents' medicine chest waiting for "just in case" of poisoning but obviously the current recommended procedure is to call the poison control hotline instead. And of course, one should NEVER try to induce vomiting if it is unknown what type of poison was swallowed.

Ipecec is salt-based? Is that why it is no longer recommended? Is that why it is different than Castor Oil?

Mirabai , dont worry.. What I had meant was normally Salt is used to cleanse out stomach by inducing vomitting... but in case of poisoning or severe issue... they might not use it. as salt is not consider good... or required... as per many books of ayurveda...

MysticalGypsy.. peppermint is very good for stomach and many other symptoms as well.

Castor OIL has many benefits and will soon post some of them here...

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalGypsi View Post
    My thing right now is peppermint! Wow, what a wonderful herb. Especially for the tummy.
    Mmm! I love peppermint tea
    There remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.

Namaste,

I have read this somewhere , I didn't take note, that some amount of castor oil taken before sleep is good for cleansing... does anyone know how much one should take?

Soul

From where does the "I' thought come...
    Go to That...

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste ,
    My wife has just returned from Ayurvedic panchakarma. Caster oil was used, yet not in quantity AND only the type that is consumable - NOT all caster oil is for human consumption , so be mindful of this.

The caster oil + a ghee regimen was used. Also special diet and all that.
    Panchakarma is something to consider if one is looking for blancing the doshas and stimulating the chakras.

PK site as an FYI: http://www.ayurveda.org/panchkarmadetox.html

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information