Namaskar Yajvanji,

I am aware I am getting in quite over my head and want to qualify all this with the statement that I am making fairly blind statements here and have nothing to back up the ideas I'm about to posit. I am also coming from a western culture point of view. But I wish to respectfully submit my uneducated thoughts to the discussion, as I've been thinking about this.

When I see a square or cube, I also immediately see the positive space which it defines: a circle or sphere. One implies the other, by its very definition.
When I hear "As above, so below", I think of the patterns we see in nature again and again, from the unimaginably large to the smallest possible measured size.

To me a figure within a square also reminds me of proportion, geomitry in nature and mathematics, thanks to Leonardo DaVinci. I see the Purusa Mandala below, and I remember that quite vividly.
Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

There are natural laws of proportion and patterns repeat. I look at Purusha Mandala and I see a 3 dimensional space interpreted in 2 dimensions.

That's what the person in me, raised in this culture sees. Having read a little of Vastu Design Concepts now, I also see the layout of an ancient home, (perhaps the root for all eastern architectural tradition?), and the guideline to plan the construction of ancient towns, temples and cities. So, perhaps the Purusha Manadala is not just the guideline for the structure of Human dwellings and cities, but also of the cities of the Devas and Asuras? A map of the great cities of the three worlds, perhaps.

And if Purusha was dismembered to create the Universe as we know it now, as some translations say, maybe the universe and cities and homes and human bodies and temples, all are a part of the pattern. Perhaps they all reflect each other in how they are constructed, making this is a map of the physical and the spiritual realms. And I find myself wondering if the gods/goddesses in specific quadrants of the mandala relate specifically to the sections of the physical body imposed by Purusha in this mandala, in some way. Aside from God, or the path to Moksha, at the crown that is.

And very probably all of this is already known and I am missing the point entirely.

#/philosophy.
All is pure speculation on my part.

Pranam-s

~~~

Namaskar Manaji,

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
It is a curious thing; I find that my sensibilities, which are so energised in these moments, can be so debilitating for me at other times.
I cried with joy during this moment.
Me as well. My own sensibilities are often something of a handicap in many situations, I understand.
I didn't cry at the time, I was too stunned. But I did later and still do sometimes. I would like to learn what the chant was, but I have no idea. Perhaps you might learn yours for both of us.

Pranam-s