Thread: Ask An Udgātr: Questions About The Most Noble Shrī Sāmaveda

Threaded View

Ask An Udgātr: Questions About The Most Noble Shrī Sāmaveda

Namaskār Sarva[forum]jana ,

So I recently did a keyword search on sāmaveda and it only turned up with 26 results, none of which go into detail in regard to sāmaved-ic practices and since I'm a udgātā/chandogaḥ (i.e. sāmasaṅgāyakaḥ, or singer of the sāmagānam-s), I thought I would make a thread on it. At the same time, I don't want to confuse you or bore you (or both, ) with technicalities (like what the significance of verse 54 of the vādhūlaśrautasūtram in regards to kāthaka ritual; the relationship between iḍā and cattle; the relationhip between the Kāleyasāman [referring to vitadanya-s son, not the demon of the kaliyuga], the gandharva-s, and soma; or the classifications of the songs [like why the udgī[t/th]a "ā ratnadhā yonim ṛta[sya]," chanted at the beginning of the jyotiṣṭoma yajña, classifies as a uhyagānam rather than an āraṇyagānam]). Hence, I would rather have y'all ask questions if you have any so I can get an idea of what you actually want to know. However, please limit your questions to sāmaveda, not the ṛgveda, yajurveda, or atharvaveda as more than likely, I probably don't know the answer to those (although sudās or kālicaraṇ most likely will).
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 08 January 2014 at 09:07 PM.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Thread Information