Thread: Malefic

Malefic

Namaste.

Could someone help me locate all malefic/negative aspects of my chart and attach a cure/mantra/gem/advice for transcendence for each malefic aspect.
    I can create a timetable around this, it would be good if it helps to just increase my discipline and ease effects of malefic aspects of my chart.

I'm willing to pay if it is a lot of work. Thanks.

Re: Malefic

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by IcySupreme View Post
    Namaste.

Could someone help me locate all malefic/negative aspects of my chart and attach a cure/mantra/gem/advice for transcendence for each malefic aspect.
    I can create a timetable around this, it would be good if it helps to just increase my discipline and ease effects of malefic aspects of my chart.

I'm willing to pay if it is a lot of work. Thanks.
    There are many (many ) moving parts which would take hours of work...16 charts x 12 houses each x 9 graha-s + the upagraha-s and all the yoga-s that are formed , + the AL, UL, HL, GL, VL ( these are additional lagna-s ¹) not to mention the lagnāṃśa and kārakāṃśa vantage points. We did not even throw-in the daśā periods.

So, why do I mention this? Because you talk of transcendence for each blemish (pāpā¹) that is found. No doubt this will make you the iṣṭāpūrta - 'filled up or stored up sacrificial rites ' ; the merit of sacred rites that you wish to do.
    Yet there must be a way that is simpler, yet effective & supported by our śāstra-s. Like pulling one leg of a chair , all 4 legs,the chair seat and frame follow suit with the one leg that is pulled. What is that one leg ?

For that one that regularly visits the transcendent or viśvottīrṇa¹ then one is the svatāsiddha : svatā the state of belonging to one's Self , ownership + siddha gained, acquired; accomplished , fulfilled; from sidh - to accomplish, succeed. Hence Self-acquired.

Look to those practices that deliver you to the Self, then there is no ill-willed graha-s that affect you. This is called skill in action and is the crux of the the bhāgavad gītā-s wisdom.

iti śivaṁ
    words
    • lagna - adhered , adhering or clinging to , attached to , sticking or remaining in , fixed on ; it is the point of contact where the horizon meets with the rising sign.
    • daśā - state or condition of life , period of life (youth, manhood , etc.) , condition , circumstances
    • pāpā - misfortune , ill-luck , trouble , mischief , harm
    • viśvottīrṇa = viśva +uttīrṇa
      • viśva = all-pervading or all-containing , omnipresent applied to viṣṇu or kṛṣṇa
      • uttīrṇa = crossed , traversed, rescued , liberated
      • Hence He (viṣṇu or kṛṣṇa ) that is beyond; transcendental
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste.

''For that one that regularly visits the transcendent or viśvottīrṇa¹ then one is the svatāsiddha : svatā the state of belonging to one's Self , ownership + siddha gained, acquired; accomplished , fulfilled; from sidh - to accomplish, succeed. Hence Self-acquired.

Look to those practices that deliver you to the Self, then there is no ill-willed graha-s that affect you. This is called skill in action and is the crux of the the bhāgavad gītā-s wisdom.''

Could you expand on this in simpler terms please?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Could you expand on this in simpler terms please?
    Let's see if I can assist.
    One needs to be aware that the graha-s operate and function within the realm of the 3 guṇa-s; some may (rightly) say the 3 guṇa-s operate through the graha-s.

These 3 guṇa-s are in all of creation and within you... within the mind-stuff of ego, intellect, emotions and the like. Hence the guṇa-s influence all these areas. If one is without the 3 guṇa-s they have trancended their binding influence and hence all the blemishes (pāpā¹) that is found and experienced.

Now, is there any śāstra-s that may support this observation ? Yes. I can think of 2.

bhāgavad gītā
    We look to the bhāgavad gītā , chapter 2, 45th śloka ; Kṛṣṇa-ji says 'be without the 3 guṇa-s , freed from duality… possessed of ( or established in) the SELF (ātmavān)'.

If being that is our core ( Self) and if it does not live, die, or can be touched by any of the elements ( fire, water, wind, etc) how can the 3 guṇa's affect our Being, as the 3 guṇa's rule in the manifest
    part of this creation and hense are inter-twined in the graha-s.

yoga sūtra-s
    If we look to patañjali’s yogadarśana (the yoga sūtra-s of patañjali) 1st chapter , 16th sūtra , it says:
    tat parmam puruṣa khyāter guṇavaitṛṣṇyam ||
    • tat parmam puruṣa = that supreme Self
    • khyāter or khyāti = perception, conception ; khyāta = well known
    • guṇa = 3 guṇa-s
    • vaitṛṣṇyam = vaitṛṣṇya = indifference , free from desire
    This says,
    indifference to the 3 guṇa-s occurs when the supreme Self is well known.

Now if we connect this to the previous sūtra (15) it is inferring the condition of saṃjñā vairāgya¹; we will not go deeper then this as the knowledge then gets a bit more robust and does not meet the request of keeping it in 'simple terms'.

point to be made
    If one establishes themselves in this steady-state, this condition free from the 3 guṇa-s they have transcended the graha-s by becoming firmly established in the Self. This Self is none other then your real condition.

The wake-up call is the graha-s operate on all things that are born and will die; on all things that have a beginning and an end; The Self is outside this paradigm and you are that... so way the wise.

Who says you are that ? Once again we turn to the bhāgavad gītā ( and many of our upaniṣad-s). We are told by kṛṣṇa-ji in chapter 2, 12th śloka: there never was a time when I was not, nor you, nor these rulers of men. Nor will there ever be a time when all of us shall cease to be.

iti śivaṁ

• pāpā - misfortune , ill-luck , trouble , mischief , harm
    • saṃjñā vairāgya = clear knowledge or understanding + loss of color ( this infers indifference, freedom from desires); It suggests the level of Being that this established in one's own Self (svātman),one's essential nature that is unbounded.
    Last edited by yajvan; 07 January 2014 at 08:11 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Namaste.

Thankyou for your well structured response. This brings me back to Krishnas dialogue in the Bhagavad Gita regarding the Guna's.
    So. Do you think the well established individual should focus on becoming one with the self, rather than pacifying planets and praying to them; or should he engage in both until he gets to a point where he has achieved his goal.

A question : Some Ayurveda professionals distribute garlic and other tamasic foods for medicinal purposes; however it is not recommended if you want to be a yogi or master the three guna's as it promotes passion and ignorance. What I'd like to know is why Krishna universally declares tamasic food as putting someone in the mode of ignorance? Surely it is dependant on ones pitta, health condition, stage of life, and self-control? Or even more suitably ones path (i.e. Grihasta) or am I wrong?

The rest makes perfect sense, thanks.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Namaste.

Thankyou for your well structured response. This brings me back to Krishnas dialogue in the Bhagavad Gita regarding the Guna's.
    So. Do you think the well established individual should focus on becoming one with the self, rather than pacifying planets and praying to them; or should he engage in both until he gets to a point where he has achieved his goal.

A question : Some Ayurveda professionals distribute garlic and other tamasic foods for medicinal purposes; however it is not recommended if you want to be a yogi or master the three guna's as it promotes passion and ignorance. What I'd like to know is why Krishna universally declares tamasic food as putting someone in the mode of ignorance? Surely it is dependant on ones pitta, health condition, stage of life, and self-control? Or even more suitably ones path (i.e. Grihasta) or am I wrong?

The rest makes perfect sense, thanks.
    Let me say by becoming established in one's own Self (svātman), things change over time ( via practice). This is more harmony (sattva)in one's life. You are making friends with the sky ( the graha-s).

re: āyurveda. May I recommend this is done in the āyurveda¹ folder so we do not co-mingle jyotish with this subject.

iti śivaṁ

1. āyurved is āyus + veda = the knowledge of life , vital power , vigour , health . āyus = life , vital power , vigour , health , duration of life , long life
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information