Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinmaya Correspondence Course advises choosing a lord

Re: Chinmaya Correspondence Course advises choosing a lord

Friends,
    I would suggest that one should not be attached excessively to the form... even if it is of the God !

The Form you use as a representation for your own fulfilled Self waiting to be discovered ! Its You, the You who is formless and changeless Presence!

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    Friends,
    I would suggest that one should not be attached excessively to the form... even if it is of the God !

The Form you use as a representation for your own fulfilled Self waiting to be discovered ! Its You, the You who is formless and changeless Presence!

Love!
    Silence
    Namaskar Silenceji,

Point well taken. And agreed.

For myself i can only say that what I meant was when one is new on the path, sometimes fixations on specific forms such as this are like guides, sign posts, kos minar. They have a significance, though they are only guides and will be gorown out of like childrens' clothes. Still, if one sees significance, one should study it a bit before moving on. But this has only been my own experience and may not apply to others.

Pranams
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

I realize they are not identical. I just wanted something as close to that as possible but it turns out that company can't even make one as small or nearly as cheap as I would like... Everything I can find is a little silly looking to me... It doesn't seem like it should be so difficult to find that basic model in wood about six inches high for about twenty bucks the way you can with Buddhas... Buddhas of the quality, size and price I would like are all over the place. I'm obviously not the only one by far that would like to have it... but I just can't find anything. I don't suppose anyone else has found this basic model in a small affordable form?

Dear Eastern Mind,
    This post is in Advaita forum and Chinmaya Mission is an Advaitic tradition based on Sri Adi Shankaracharya's teachings.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Thread Information