Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: followers of Sidhanta Shaivism?

followers of Sidhanta Shaivism?

I feel a forum could be very useful to me in my integration of this school of thought but I was surprised to find that there was not a forum on Subrmuniyaswami's site... Are there many followers of this tradition here? I know Eastern Mind is but I don't want to pester him unduly Anyone know of a forum dedicated to this school?

Re: followers of Sidhanta Shaivism?

Quote Originally Posted by shays860 View Post
    I feel a forum could be very useful to me in my integration of this school of thought but I was surprised to find that there was not a forum on Subrmuniyaswami's site... Are there many followers of this tradition here? I know Eastern Mind is but I don't want to pester him unduly Anyone know of a forum dedicated to this school?
    Vannakkam: There is no general forum. There is a private 'forum' for registered students, I think, but I've never been there so I have no idea how active it is.

I really don't mind being pestered either. Feel free to send me as many PM s as you want.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by shays860 View Post
    Is this any good? (I am not a Shaiva)

Thanks for the link but it doesn't look like it gets any traffic.

Namaste shays,

I am interested in hearing more about this as well. Perhaps this could be the start of a thread exploring this tradition. Please pester EM publicly on this thread about it so I can read what he has to say too!

I've been getting the Master Course emails from them for a few months now, and have downloaded several of the free ebooks that they have available. I love how they go out of the way to make this information accessible to all, and I find that it is presented in a way that is easy for me to understand and relate to.

Aum Namah Shivaya!
    Om Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by fem_phoenix1109 View Post
    Namaste shays,

I am interested in hearing more about this as well. Perhaps this could be the start of a thread exploring this tradition. Please pester EM publicly on this thread about it so I can read what he has to say too!

I've been getting the Master Course emails from them for a few months now, and have downloaded several of the free ebooks that they have available. I love how they go out of the way to make this information accessible to all, and I find that it is presented in a way that is easy for me to understand and relate to.

Aum Namah Shivaya!
    Vannakkam: Over the years I've probably responded to maybe 10 or so individuals who were enrolled in Himalayan Academy courses on this site. The two of you could PM each other. I'm ridiculously biased. So I may not be the best person to answer stuff. The monks, though, might be too busy. Not sure how many enrolled students there are at any particular time. or what kind of time they have. One monk in particular is in charge of new students. There is always an ongoing group of students in Mauritius, and one of our senior members has monthly satsang/classes with them. I sat in on a couple of them last winter. There is something to be said about a group helping an individual and an individual helping a group.

But as you know too, feel free to PM me any time. We're going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks over Sivaratri too, so if there are any questions I can't answer directly, I can certainly find out.

Aum Namasivaya

The bias is not a problem for me. I just believe whatever resonates with me. I would love to enroll in the course and get personal instruction but I think I'm gonna read trough the course once first and decide if it is something I'm going to want to stick with. No major red flags so far though. The emphasis on temple worship is something I asked EM about but he reassured me that it was nothing to get hung up on. I am also profoundly grateful that the master course is available for free as pdfs. It seems like a sign of good intention on their part. How much have you read Phoenix?

This is a sentinel moment.

I think this is a "wink" from the Divine that Eastern Mind should now have his own website that is a forum specific to Saiva Siddhanta, we can pester him with questions. He's on the World Book of Records anyway as "The most Internet Active Hindu from Canada", so this is his calling. Such a Saiva forum would be great. Of course, it would be free but some of us can also subscribe via a yearly donation to support the site.

SERIOUSLY.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 30 January 2014 at 12:28 AM.

lol let me be the first to sign the petition

Vannakkam: HDF is a fine place to pose questions, make contacts, etc. The last thing the internet needs is another forum. This one suits the needs of this topic quite well. In fact, it's by far the best, in my experience. Other forums aren't exactly so 'user friendly'. The actual number of questions are few and far between. With Himalayan Academy, as with any group that has a website, most questions are answered via searching. There is also a 'contact us' button for anything that isn't answered there.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information