Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do drishtis on natal planets influence transit planets?

Do drishtis on natal planets influence transit planets?

Namaste scholars,

Currently Mercury is transiting on Kumba rasi (Aquarius). Natally in my chart, Mercury is posited in Libra and hence right now getting the drishti of transit Jupiter from Gemini. So does this mean, that Mercury transiting over Aquarius (my lagna) will carry some beneficial influence of natal Mercury being aspected by transit Jupiter?

Thank you.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Do drishtis on natal planets influence transit planets?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste scholars,

Currently Mercury is transiting on Kumba rasi (Aquarius). Natally in my chart, Mercury is posited in Libra and hence right now getting the drishti of transit Jupiter from Gemini. So does this mean, that Mercury transiting over Aquarius (my lagna) will carry some beneficial influence of natal Mercury being aspected by transit Jupiter?

Thank you.
    No doubt there will be an influence...You are aware that there are two main types of dṛṣṭi :
    • rāśi dṛṣṭi - by sign ( seeing from sign to sign)
    • graha dṛṣṭi - by graha (the vantage point of the graha and where it casts its gaze)
    We will leave off the notion of argala¹ for now but is a great influence within one's chart that many-a-jyotishi miss or do not consider.

You mention the graha dṛṣṭi of jupiter (guru) from gemini on the 5th and 9th houses. Note too there is a rāśi dṛṣṭi occurring in all 4 corners i.e. gemini, virgo, sagittarius and pisces.

iti śivaṁ

1.argala - that which checks or locks in; the word's ~official~ definition is 'a wooden bolt or pin for fastening a door or the cover of a vessel'. Hence the notion of 'locking in' an influence that can advance or impede the result of a graha's influence.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Message deleted.
    Last edited by Viraja; 01 February 2014 at 09:47 AM.

Namaste,

I forgot to add 'Dasha and bhukti permitting' to my above message.

Can anyone show me an example Transit influencing some major event in life?

Sincerely,

Viraja

Om Tat Sat,

I'll try to explain the birth of Children through transists. There are 4 Rules and this applies to both Father and Mother.

1. Saturn should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 9 months from the date of birth of a child.

2. Jupiter should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 9 months from the date of birth of a child.

3. Mars should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 45 days from the date of birth of a child.

4. Moon should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 3 days from the date of birth of a child.

This is a simple rule which is highly successul and I belive it can predict correctly in 80% of cases. Ofcourse there are other factors like the Father/Mother's native charts, Dasa Butti etc.

In general Dasa Butti of Lord of 1st House, Planets in 1st House, Lord of 5th House, Planets in 5th House, Lord of 9th House or Planets in 9th House helps in gettings issues.

NOTE - Please refer Shri K.N.Rao's Planets and Children book for more details.

Thanks
    Krishna

Thank you, Krishna ji, appreciate your reply.

But in case of simple scenarios, such as success in job interview, success in any kind of undertaking, do we consider transit of major planets Jupiter and Saturn only, (or) even transit of Lagnesha or other relevant planets over specific houses in the natal chart bears effect?

EDIT: I'm adding this piece of information just for a practical example of what I'm asking about -- currently, transit Mercury who is my natal 8th lord (Lagna being Aquarius) is in Aquarius, and thus my natal lagna. There he is atop my natal Mars my bhukti lord. Thus I wonder if this transit of 8th lord over the bhukti lord in Lagna has brought about a sudden undertaking related to health and if transit Jupiter's aspect on this combination in lagna will make this endeavor successful.

And, additionally (this is just for my educative purposes), if say, transit Saturn (who is natally my lagnesha) aspected my lagna - will that grant success in my lagna related endeavors since Lagnesha is a functional benefic?

As I stated, the above example is just to understand the concept. Not for any predictive purposes.

PS: Though I am not a serious astro-learner, knowing some basic concepts increases the involvement when I read articles here and there and for timing some rather simple events in our own undertakings.
    Last edited by Viraja; 03 February 2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Om Tat Sat,

I'll try to explain the birth of Children through transists. There are 4 Rules and this applies to both Father and Mother.

1. Saturn should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 9 months from the date of birth of a child.

2. Jupiter should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 9 months from the date of birth of a child.

3. Mars should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 45 days from the date of birth of a child.

4. Moon should aspect 5th House or 5th Lord or 9th House or 9th Lord of a native within 3 days from the date of birth of a child.

This is a simple rule which is highly successul and I belive it can predict correctly in 80% of cases. Ofcourse there are other factors like the Father/Mother's native charts, Dasa Butti etc.

In general Dasa Butti of Lord of 1st House, Planets in 1st House, Lord of 5th House, Planets in 5th House, Lord of 9th House or Planets in 9th House helps in gettings issues.

NOTE - Please refer Shri K.N.Rao's Planets and Children book for more details.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Krishna ji,

Thanks for this. Would it be 9m, or 45d or 3 d before the birth or either way (before or after)? Did you end up trying to test this in a few charts? I suppose if there are more than one transit hits and preferably in both parents then the likelihood might be greater...?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Om Tat Sat,

Rohniranjan Ji,

There is a small correction. For Mars it is 75 days from the date of birth. All the durations are from the date of birth. This has been verfied across hundreds of charts by Shri K.N.Rao and the details are available in his book "Planets and Children".

I' ve personally verified this formula in some of the charts and it works perfectly. The Key is all the 4 planets should satisfy atleast one of the condtions like aspecting 5th house or 5th lord or 9th house or 9th lord. This should happen in both parents charts for sure. The additional condition of having Dasa/Butti of Lagnathipathi, Planets in Lagna, 5th Lord, Planets in 5th house, 9th Lord or Planets in 9th house helps in identifying the time period in a precise manner.

Even Planets aspecting 1st, 5th house, 9th house are also capable of giving issues.

If we combine the above two rules then we can nail down in 80% of the cases. There are exceptions as usual like the placement of Ketu in fifth house etc which needs to be handled accordingly.

Thanks
    Krishna

Thanks Krishna ji.
    Very interesting. I too shall give it a try. So if I understood you clearly it is an AND situation and not OR, meaning, cases where all the factors should make the transit hits after the anticipated birth epoch but never before! Even if ALL the factors make a hit before anticipated birth, they would not apply or be predictive. Right?

Again, thanks for your patiently leading me through this.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Om Tat Sat,

RohiniRanjan Ji,

Let me make it bit more clear. Planets may or may not satisfy the conditions before birth. But they should satify it at the time of birth or within the given period. Moon, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter should satisfy atleast one of the conditions.

Here Moon indicates role of Mother and Mars Father. Without Saturn and Jupiter nothing can be achieved in this world!

I'll give an example for better understanding.

My Lagna is Pisces/Meena and 9th Lord in Makaram/Capricon.

I was blessed with a baby on Jan 4th 2013. Position of 4 planets on Jan 4th are as follows.

Mars - Makaram - Aspects my 5th house and over my natal Mars/9th lord.
    Moon - Kanya - Will hit my 9th house within 72 hours.
    Saturn - Thula - Aspects my 5th house.
    Jupiter - Rishaba - Aspects my 9th house and 9th lord.

Same with my elder kid

DOB - Sep 23rd 2008

Mars - Kanya - Will hit my 9th House within 75 days also will my 9th lord within 75 days.
    Moon - Mithuna - Will hit my 5th house within 72 hours.
    Saturn - Simha - Will hit my 9th lord ( Mars will move from Kanya to Thula )
    Jupiter - Dhanur - Aspects Moon / My 5th lord in Mithuna.

Thanks
    Krishna

Thread Information