Thread: Namaskar HDF!

Namaskar HDF!

Hi HDF!

Har har Mahadev!

I am Shivguna000 and I reside in the US. I was born and raised in the states, and am an ardent servant of ShivShakti! My family is Kanyakubja Brahmin and when I learned that my ancestors are from Kashi Vishwanath, I couldn't feel more ecstatic!! I mean seriously, how cool is that?!

I found this site by accident and when I found it, I was pretty stoked! I signed up hoping to learn more and gain new insights into our great Santana Dharma. I hope to meet more wonderful Shiv Bhakts/Bhaktanis!

Jai Shiva Shankar!!
    Jai Mata Di! Om Namah Shivaya!

Re: Namaskar HDF!

Vannakkam and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay is enjoyable.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste shiv

swagatam! Your ancestors belong to a very very sacred place indeed. Have a great time here.

Jai Shiv Parvati
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

It is very interesting to know that you do have a certain degree of awareness of your bloodlines shivguna000. Though the fact that your folks were originally from Kashi Vishwanath, that bit is rather interesting. You should ask your grandparents for some stories. I am sure they will have some interesting tales to tell of the role of your Jati in the oldest city of human civilization. Maybe even some of the tales of the city itself. Also known as Varanasi, Kashi suffered at the hands of a lot of religious bigots who came in invasions and other clandestine ventures.

Namaste, Thank you for coming to this forum. I am a devout of Kashi, and everything about the City Never Forsaken by Shiva. You have wonderful heritage, please share your expediences and revelations with us all. Om Namah Sivaya

Well Friends,
    I see some kashi fans ... very nice!
    I would like to suggest: There is a text called Kashi panchakam by Sri Adi Shankaracharya ... may be you would be interested to read !

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Welcome, friend, welcome.
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

hello from austria
    AUM

Quote Originally Posted by shivguna000 View Post
    Hi HDF!

Har har Mahadev!

I am Shivguna000 and I reside in the US. I was born and raised in the states, and am an ardent servant of ShivShakti! My family is Kanyakubja Brahmin and when I learned that my ancestors are from Kashi Vishwanath, private label rights I couldn't feel more ecstatic!! I mean seriously, how cool is that?!

I found this site by accident and when I found it, I was pretty stoked! I signed up hoping to learn more and gain new insights into our great Santana Dharma. I hope to meet more wonderful Shiv Bhakts/Bhaktanis!

Jai Shiva Shankar!!

Namaste!
    Last edited by jinaghott; 27 February 2014 at 10:37 PM.

Thread Information