Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mandhi & Gulikan

Re: Mandhi & Gulikan

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Thank you Rohiniranjan Ji; that is a branch that I am unfamiliar with as yet. Best that I stick with parāśar for now, so as to get a good foundation ...
    Good plan for now!

ATB

RR

Dear Citizens of Slumber-City :-)

I am dusting up and hopefully trying to raise this important but as usual (on Jyotish forums everywhere!) a dead or hopefully just comatosed thread-discussion! <LOL>

Typically, as observed, we all tend to jump into the deep-end of the swimming pools (topics) and then become subject to the whirlpool (tornado in water!). All of us to be blamed, sans exception :-(

For gulika two types of calculations are recommended as you know. In software, the calculation options are marked as at the beginning or at the end of the *no-man's-land territory*. Which one do you folks have been using...?

Love and Light and Hail Lazarus,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Namaste RR,

I have been taught that the upagraha form an 8 petal lotus or chakra; from this I have reduced that each upagraha thus covers roughly 3 nakṣatra in the form of a leaf of 1/8th of the day or night; the grab of the "upagraha" being maximum at the center of the leaf although it starts and builds up before this in a analogical leaf like curve.

That is my current understanding of the upagraha's placement.
    I use measurement taken when Gulika is taken at the beginning of śani's portion, though now I come to think of it I shall rummage back through my notes to check this ...

My personal experience confirm this as I have felt strong effect at the start of the dasas concerned by the nakṣatra in question and their lord's placement, given my Gulika placement.

Kind regards.
    8i8

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste RR,

I have been taught that the upagraha form an 8 petal lotus or chakra; from this I have reduced that each upagraha thus covers roughly 3 nakṣatra in the form of a leaf of 1/8th of the day or night; the grab of the "upagraha" being maximum at the center of the leaf although it starts and builds up before this in a analogical leaf like curve.

That is my current understanding of the upagraha's placement.
    I use measurement taken when Gulika is taken at the beginning of śani's portion, though now I come to think of it I shall rummage back through my notes to check this ...

My personal experience confirm this as I have felt strong effect at the start of the dasas concerned by the nakṣatra in question and their lord's placement, given my Gulika placement.

Kind regards.
    A doubt, any doubt (shankaa) is a good signal of potential growth, Mana ji!

Please do refer to or consult your notes, as you suggested yourself!

Good to see and hear that you are not one of the slumbering ones! :-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information