Thread: Eka Vakra Maharudra

1. Eka Vakra Maharudra

Namaste everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here could please provide any information on the form of the Lord as EKA VAKRA (VAKTRA) MAHARUDRA. I understand it means "One-headed form" of Rudra (Shiva). I was told by three different pandit-ji's that it is a) Bhairav, b) Mrityunjaya, or c) Veerabhadra.

Any additional information from respected forumites here would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you,

HanumanBhakt

Re: Eka Vakra Maharudra

Quote Originally Posted by HanumanBhakt View Post
    Namaste everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here could please provide any information on the form of the Lord as EKA VAKRA (VAKTRA) MAHARUDRA. I understand it means "One-headed form" of Rudra (Shiva). I was told by three different pandit-ji's that it is a) Bhairav, b) Mrityunjaya, or c) Veerabhadra.

Any additional information from respected forumites here would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you,

HanumanBhakt
    Namaste.

MahaRudra / Rudra of Rudra-s / eka (integrated) vaktra (form)

-all these (and still many others) are the names of the 11th Rudra, who is taken to be the "net sum" of all 10 Rudra-s. The 10 Rudra-s are pure ones, so the 11th Rudra by virtue of integration is a composite unity, the composite God.

Hindus know this mahā deva, as Shiva. Simple as that.

And the name "Rudra" is generally then taken to be that of the 10th Rudra, who is pretty much unmanifest, along the lines of advaita and so on.

So the mahā-deva contains even His Rudra "form" within Himself. And that's the beauty.

Understanding each of these Rudra-s needs a unique approach, just like advaita is for the 10th Rudra. Each of them is a religion unto Him/Her-self. And none is greater or lesser than any other, and that's another beauty.

btw, Hanuman ji can take care of all this.

Jai Hanuman.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

3. Re: Eka Vakra Maharudra

Thank you KT-ji. I heartily second your JAI HANUMAN! But, what exactly do you mean when you say "btw, Hanuman ji can take care of all this."?

Re: Eka Vakra Maharudra

Quote Originally Posted by HanumanBhakt View Post
    Thank you KT-ji. I heartily second your JAI HANUMAN! But, what exactly do you mean when you say "btw, Hanuman ji can take care of all this."?
    Namaste HB ji

Hanuman is here, among us, is like us, in the same material modes. At the same time, He is a God among us who shows us the limits to which we can evolve and become better, and indeed there is no limit to it. Hanuman is Immortality among us. He is a being, so we also know He is physically present here.

In this way, we can say He is "the Only God". Even various Avatāra-s have come and gone (leaving their imprints which still live on), each of them were inherently unstable, but Sri Vishnu's ways are full of miracles, so anyway.

But Hanuman ji is here for eternity. Ever ready to welcoming further avataraN-s, and also ever willing to help us become what we can be.

So Hanuman brings us to, and to us, every God who is up there, He shows us the way. Here is a link to a Hanuman-bhajan (in Hindi) which is very popular (in variants) across India and is very revealing about Anjaneya's nature in that He is urged to bring ALL Gods to the kirtan.

Without a murthy of Him, in some small corner, a mandir is no more than a monument; similarly, without devotion to Him, regular or not, all philosophy, sastra-s adhyayan, Veda-s are no use, no more than cults.

P.S. : I know, I've failed to quote any scriptures in the thread, lol.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Thread Information