Thread: Lord Siva and Nirvikalpa Samadhi

Lord Siva and Nirvikalpa Samadhi

Dear Members

Can learned members let me know why Lord Siva is related to Nirvikalpa Samadhi more than any other Deities. I dont see anything about Lord Vishnu on this.Please note my intention is not to compare both the Gods as i worship both of them in my heart.

Is that means only Lord Siva can give liberation to soul( on advaita term) and other Devatas can give mukti to beloved devotees(sArUpya, sAyujya..etc) and not liberation.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Re: Lord Siva and Nirvikalpa Samadhi

Namaste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Is that means only Lord Siva can give liberation to soul
    This is true.

It is Shiva only who lends the helping hand to a Vaishnava who is about to merge with Vishnu. At this final step, this particular moment, both are humble:- Shiva "acts" a "doorkeeper", and the Vaishnava resembles a Shaiva of the highest order. Vishnu stands just behind Shiva, smiling as always, Shiva sees the effort both the bhakta and Vishnu have put together in the little story, and the mountain gently steps aside.

From theretical point of view, these are the deities that imo grant "moksha" (in the way you meant it, though I prefer the more correct word "amaratva"):-
    ShivaLingam, Shiva, MA PArvati, Vishnu, BrahmA, (Vedic) Yama, (Vedic) Devi SaramA, (Vedic) Devi Aditi.

However, from practical point of view, imo, only these deities can give us amaratva:-
    Hanuman, Murugan, (Vedic) AsviniKumar, (Vedic) Devi UshA.
    ..and other Devatas can give mukti to beloved devotees(sArUpya, sAyujya..etc) and not liberation.
    These deities "span" the territory between the above-mentioned two sets of devatA.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

However, from practical point of view, imo, only these deities can give us amaratva:-
    Hanuman, Murugan, (Vedic) AsviniKumar, (Vedic) Devi UshA.
    NaraSimha is also a major deity who belongs to this list, imho.

On the other hand, in the first list of deities, it is understood that "Radha-Krishna" is the so called "highest step" (the first list/ extremum) of Vishnu.

This is just to clarify on my own thoughts expressed here.

namaste.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Dear Members

Can learned members let me know why Lord Siva is related to Nirvikalpa Samadhi more than any other Deities. I dont see anything about Lord Vishnu on this.Please note my intention is not to compare both the Gods as i worship both of them in my heart.

Is that means only Lord Siva can give liberation to soul( on advaita term) and other Devatas can give mukti to beloved devotees(sArUpya, sAyujya..etc) and not liberation.

Please clarify.

Thanks
    Vaishnavas believe after you cross 25 tattvas(uruvam) you attain mukthi.But we shivites go beyond that to 36 tattvas(aruvam/aru uruvam) to attain mukthi.Worshiping other gods may give you all you want but only Shiva can liberate you from this endless cycle of birth.

Nirvikalpa samadhi cannot be explained by any individual, no matter how great he is. It is an experience which can be understood only by trying to identify and become one with someone who has attained the experience. We must try to enter into the experience rather than ask the experience to come to our level. When we enter into nirvikalpa samadhi, the experience itself is the reality. But when we want to tell others, to put it into words, we have to come down very far and use the mind; we have to couch the experience in human concepts. Therefore, the consciousness of nirvikalpa samadhi can never be adequately explained or expressed. The revelation of the experience can never be like the original experience.

Vannakkam: My take is that very very few souls walking on this planet today have had this (non) experience. Many discuss it, but few have any real knowledge other than regurgitation of what others have said.

Aum Namasivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Ketan1234 View Post
    Nirvikalpa samadhi cannot be explained by any individual, no matter how great he is. It is an experience which can be understood only by trying to identify and become one with someone who has attained the experience. We must try ....
    It is this trying that stops one from entering this silence. Trying is exactly what the mind likes to do, to engage and entertain itself. It is the thief that King janaka recognized.

"Oh, I have detected the thief who robbed me of my Atmic Jewel, viz., my Self. His name is Mind. I have been long suffering through this villain. I will make him die. I have learnt it all through the omniscient Siddhas, as my Guru. I am now in the enjoyment of that bliss which pertains to the pure Brahman. I have gradually dispelled from my mind such unrealities as I, you and other differences of conception. I am now victorious in the conflict with my great adversary of the mind which spoiled my Self Knowledge. I have completely divested myself of all the pains which afflicted me. I have attained the life of quiescence. Oh, discriminative Knowledge which uplifted me to this lofty state, I adore thee.”

from here: http://aumyogavasistha.wordpress.com...f-king-janaka/

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information