Thread: Perusha

Perusha

Hari Om

Namaste,

Must admit am a baby at this, but really knowledgeable folks here at HDF have really gotten me interested.

So with this, just a cool news item:

http://news.yahoo.com/major-discover...145912987.html

Thanks.

Om Namah ShivaYa

FFTW

Re: Perusha

Namaskar Friend from the West ji,

Probably one of the nicest vids I've seen in a month was this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlfIVEy_YOA

Here Professor Kuo, whose team made the discovery, gets to be the first to tell Dr. Andrei Linde of the discovery - which far more than validates his life's work. The size/angle of the predicted fractal curls created by the gravitational waves in the cosmic microwave background, all resulting from inflation, which were predicted by his theories, ended up being far larger than expected. The metaphor used was that they expected to be looking for a needle in a haystack, but ended up finding a crowbar. Just awesome.

And so cool to get such a confirmation after a life of work in a field, where most never get to see the validation and fruit of their work. It made me so happy to see.

This, though, is probably my favorite discovery of the year so far:
    http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/n...4&location=top

Mahapralaya anyone?
    Not really the best article about it, the title is a bit sensationalist, but the main story is accurate.

Have you ever looked into String Theory and M Theory?

~Pranams
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Hari Om

Namaste

Thank you Aanandinii.

Mahapralaya anyone? Perhaps.

No, like the first video. What a visceral reaction to such news. Brought a smile for sure.

Yes and yes to your inquiries. Having said this, am so new to having interest, not comment much. The Purusha posting was in hopes that someone would find it interesting and to learn more from folks like you. There are many others, but when Mana go into things such as physics, am such a neophyte, just find fascinating, for many reasons as travel on this SD path.

Take good care.

Om Namah ShivaYa

FFTW

Namaskar FFTW ji,

As far as Physics and Maths all i can do is recommend reading, and can only do that best when i know what you currently understand. Do you read Physics as Hobby? Do you prefer one scale to another - Cosmology or Quantum - or do you read both? Who have you read already, who do you tend to like most? Knowing these things from any person i would be happy to make offerings for good material to further lay study.

Here is something fun i ran into a while back and had thought of posting. i recently learned about a Gene named BOLA3.

Okay, while i admit the transliteration is a tiny bit of a reach, and the actual Gene name, rather than the acronym, is less than inspiring, it's still surprisingly apt. Defects in this Gene are not compatible with Eukaryotic life - any life that consists of one or more cells that have a Nucleus with a Membrane around it. Life that is not Eukaryote are Bacteria and Archaea. So all Plants, Animals and Fungi are Eukaryotas: all complex life.

All these forms have Mitochondria. They are closely related to Archaea, and live in symbiosis with all Eukaryote cells. There are dozens to hundreds in each cell of your body, at least hopefully, or else the cell will die. In order for complex cells to make enough energy for all of their life processes, they need the products made by the Mitochondria during the ATP cycle, also called "Respiration". The cell makes things for the Mitochindria that the Mitochondrion itself cannot, too. And one of the most important things is the Complex that is used to run the ATP cycle. BOLA3 controls the creation of the main building block of that Complex.

So let me share with all, two of the most beautiful and illuminating things I have ever seen in this birth, and which were a couple of the significant waypoints in my own journey in this birth - they may not have the same meaning to others, but I want to share anyway.

First, This. These images are representations of the actual shapes, movements and processes of the molecules inside each of your cells. They have been carefully studied and visualized over decades and finally represented here in almost real to life form. This is slowed down and smoothed out, but if you could shrink and then glide through one of your own cells, this is pretty close to what you would see.

What you are watching is a White Blood Cell rolling along a blood vessel, looking for a sign of Inflammation - a signal of illness and injury. When it encounters a sign, a protein, it will slip between surface cells into the body tissues to seek and find the cause, then it will release signals into the body to report what it finds and cause the next stage of defense.

The Leukocyte latches on and a signal is sent through cell membrane the end of the Protein receptor is anchored in, via a lipid raft made of tightly packed cholesterol, into the cytoplasm of the Cell, causing a cascade reaction. First the surface membrane of the cell alters, deconstructing and reconstructing in a new shape to allow it to slip between the cells of the blood vessel membrane; then the Cytoskeleton, (Actin Network), and microtubules do the same. Deeper in the cell, at the pores of the nuclear membrane, new proteins are up-regulated via Messenger RNA. The ones that will help the cell to change shape and seek and diagnose the cause of inflammation and signal the next stage of defense, are created in large amount. Some are carried up to the cell surface by a Vesicle pulled along the Cytoskeleton by a motor-protein. And the cell "translocates".

The second thing is in the Mitochondria. This Is the ATP Cycle, on molecular scale, smoothed out and slowed down for our size scale, as before. This is what keeps us all, all complex life on this planet, alive. All of the Universe is The Dance, but this most definitely is a key part of it to us in this life. Is it not beautiful?

~Pranams
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Namaste All,

This is a fascinating thread indeed, thank you for posting Friend from the West and Aanandinii. A few thoughts spring to mind, this I would have perhapse thought prakriti might be a better name for the thread, as what is observed are still only the material components, even at the very start of time or kAla, which by proxy happens after consciousness. I am tring to remember from where I have gleaned that insight but will have to differ giving a source for the moment; sorry for that.

Wonderful links also Aanandinii, though might I interject that these beautiful images remain still as mathematical models to my mind, based upon information inferred through processes which depend heavily upon the theory of quantum electro dynamics; as such they are mathematical models, backed up by the observation of physical phenomenon at a very different scale.

Though, to my mind they most eloquently depict the nature (prakriti) of the infinite fractal boundary upon which we reside, the infinite line between prakriti and puruṣa ...

Please do forgive and correct me if I am mislead in my understanding; Or, should it be that you quite simply, see it differently.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information.

Kind regards.

Re: Purusha

Hari Om

Namaste,

Thank you Mana and Aanandinii.

Aanandinii, thanks for what you provide. Again, not a student. Introduction was on video series YajvanJi provided a couple of years ago. Enjoyed Mana's postings over time as well as others on the general subject. Besides the subject, just enjoy the usual nature of discussion as seems those here on HDF, when discussing physics, seem to wish to eagerly, earnestly, good naturedly, share and learn.

Although do not require archeology to bare out what the wise have shared with us long ago, as see as unimportant, this field see as different. Do not know if will become a student or not, but for now just adds to wonder and adds to what actually do immerse energies into.

Mana, since chose to use Purusha in this context, agree with you 100% regarding Prakriti.

Thank you again.

Om Namah ShivaYa

FFTW

Namaskar Mana ji,

Wonderful to read your post, friend. Your understanding is most definitely more complete than mine. I am not certain of the definitions of Purusa and Prakriti in classic Sanskrit, I only have an approximation of the general concepts. I hope to learn to define them better, would you give definitions?

I took Purusa here to mean the embodyment of Time and Space, or the underlying structure or dimensions in which the whole of the Material Universe resides. The stuff of the Material Universe, all matter with mass and potential, I take to be Prakriti. So I am perhaps the one to have taken the thread away from Purusha to Prakriti. Physics is not my strong point though.

By way of attempting to explain my perception, my understanding is Panentheistic: the material universe we incarnate in so that we may grow is Lord Siva's Immanent form, His own physical being made manifest through Shakti. This is something I have believed as long as I can remember, though I never had the exact words to explain it properly in this way until recently. This is also what all my years of searching and learning in Theism, Philosophy and the western Sciences has brought me back to.

You make an important point too, one that should be stressed. All of this study in the western sciences is exercise in material experience and intellectual tail-chasing. It doesn't progress spiritual growth one iota and could actually inhibit that growth if one gets too wrapped up in it. This learning was useful to me because it led me back to God's feet, but that was my own path. If one already knows God, there is little point, although I still love to watch His Dance on all scales, in form and outside of form, and marvel and praise His perfection. This last is why my last posts in this thread: watching and loving His beautiful perfection in all ways.

~Pranams
    ~~~~~
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Dear Aanandinii,

Oh I find your understanding to be very advanced indeed, I am simply applying recently learned words to old familiar concepts. Like you I think with a mix of eastern and Western philosophies. We are all trying to explain the same self similar experience after all once we see through the mysterious veil of worldly differentiation.

prakriti and perusha are of the vaishnava school of philosophy, in which the universe is divided as such: the entire body of narayana is devided in to four parts Param-Brahm, Maha-Vishnu, Sada-Shiva and Vasudeva.
    Param-Brahm is essentially Rajas Guna.
    Maha-Vishnu is essentially sattva Guna.
    Sada-Shiva is essentially tamas Guna.
    The names are to aid us in understanding. none of these three parts are manifest as they are Naryana mixing with different aspects of shakti, the Guna and shakti thus merged.
    The fourth part, vasudeva has two parts one which is percievable and the other not, here we find the guna of which we speak, to make up prakriti and the expansion of the perceptible universe purusa being the imperceptible part.
    Yet we are of and experience this imperceptible part as it is a boundary with the perceptible as kAla that emerges from Vishnu to form kAla purusha.

The expansion continues in greater detail ...

Please do forgive me any mistakes as I relay the information that I gave gleaned from my lessons with my Guru, I am still very much digesting the knowledge and as such am not so very fluent in my explanation.

My explanation is rather brief, I shall try to make a better effort to describe this as by knowledge evolves, which will undoubtedly help me to better clarify my thought.

Kind regards.

Thread Information