Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An incredible revelation

Re: An incredible revelation

namaste Eric.

You said in the OP:
    I am also sadly aware that as the material world constantly changes, so too will my grasp of Jivanmukta, I will sometimes be wholly Eric in my mind and sometimes I will be both thte physical body known as Eric and teh ultimate self.

This statement seems to be slippery. The material world is bound to deteriorate, more and more towards gross physical and passionate mental, for it is kali yuga. If you are an already realized person, in all three states of your existence as you answered to Yajvan, and this realization is constant as you say, then how can your grasp of jIvanmukta change with time?

"Being Eric sometimes wholly in mind and sometimes in physical body" are only dreamy roles in the drama of life. The awareness at all times of playing this role while always being in the fourth state which is beyond them is what Self-Realization is about, I think.

All the best in your sAdhana, anyway.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Namaste,

A flower is known by its fragrance, not by how it defines itself.

Pranam.
    -
    Last edited by Believer; 20 March 2014 at 12:24 AM.

Saidevo,

Even though I have realized Jivanmukta, I say that my conception will change not because the truth will change but because I have chosen not to lead a life of renunciation. Because I will participate in a life that engages the world I will have to try my best to maintain this view of reality, but sometimes that will not always be the case.

It will always operate as a process in my mind, but the process may or may not be more visible depending on outside circumstances, which I realize is contradictory to what the concept of Jivanmukta is.

Believer,

I'm so glad that you are trying to chasten me. I'm not going to start an argument with you because I both love you because you are just as much Brahman as I am, but also because I do truly believe that conflict of this nature is ultimately fruitless.

Namaste

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    I'm so glad that you are trying to chasten me.
    It is sad that you interpreted it the way you did. My comment means that your realizations will show in your future posts and the depth of your participation in the forum. That will make people take notice of the 'new' you. Give people the benefit of the doubt, if what they say is not clear to you, instead of insinuating the worst.

Pranam.

My apologies believer, I mistook your words.

Any other questions, comments, or anything positive or negative?
    Last edited by Eric11235; 20 March 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Hari om <3

I am a firm firm believer in the truth, which is.... what we are, is defined not only by what we say, but just as much by what we do.

So please keep saying this, all of us should be saying this every morning. <3

Also...

Once I was in a dream and knew it...and I looked to every One of the entities within the dream and said to them..."Hey...did you know this is a dream??"

You know, not one of them even seemed to understand what I was saying.

But, then it occurred to me...

If I had truly understood that I was in a dream...then why would I have wasted my time to explain to myself (because that was exactly what those other beings truly were...just my own self playing other roles) that I was dreaming?

You see...if I had known in my heart that all those "people" in my dream were me...why would I have even expended the time and effort to convince them, or even try to tell them that it was a dream?

Now, when amidst my dream selves...I don't bother...or at least I try...because the moment I begin to try to explain it to them...is the moment I forget my Self.

So you see, it isn't just enough to know something...it is the action, which accumulates over time...to make the magic happen.

This is the silly advice I have for you today. <3
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 20 March 2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: commas!:P

I appreciate it nayasurya,

That was a fear of mine posting this, why should I even bother mentioning it. If I was truly lifted to this higher plane then there would be no need for me to share as it is a personal revelation.

But the thing about realization is that ego death is not a state of total destruction of the physical self, the parts of your personality that allow you to function in the place where you currently reside are still active and have to remain active, therefore my mind is operating both on teh plane of oneness and that of separateness.

Aside from this, as the cheesy adage goes "Sharing is Caring" and though I have attained my own realization,it is such a small thing when faced with the idea that I could help others reach this state, even though I can't perceive myself as others, I have this inherent feeling that because they are both separate and one their consciousness is focused more on the separate self than the one self.

To be sure, I have no desire to indoctrinate or force people to think this way, I merely want other people to feel this deep satisfaction with life and joy at being one with all. Even if the world is ultimately an illusion, I would like to make that illusion better for everyone involved. I want love to be an enormous pulsating force that emits an energy so far beyond the self that one cannnot help but be awed and enjoyed in equal measure by everybody.

This ideal is an impossible goal, but I figure that I've been granted this wonderrful gift, why not others?

That was really rambling and somewhat confusing, but my major desire is bringing others to a state of unparalleled love and joy. And I'm aware that any desire contradicts the nature of Jivanmukta

Namaste

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Even though I have realized Jivanmukta, I say that my conception will change not because the truth will change but because I have chosen not to lead a life of renunciation.
    One must note that renunciation has already occurred. How so ? Renunciation or aparigraha¹ is saṁnyāsa¹. This word means laying aside. But what is one laying aside ? That of 'I' and 'mine'. It does not mean living in a cave. Some of the greatest saints¹ walked the earth helping others and they completely abandoned the world because 'I' and 'mine' no longer exists. So, saṁnyāsa is not a life style but a level of wholeness, fullness that does not include the smallness of 'me'.

There is more for you to comprehend where knowledge compliments your experience. Yet to the know the Self is the greatest blessing one can experience. This expands with time.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • aparigraha - non-acceptance , renouncing
    • saṁnyāsa - putting or throwing down , laying aside , resignation , abandonment of ; complete exhaustion of
    • saints - ramaṅa mahaṛṣi , brahmaṛṣi gauḍapāda-ji , pippalāda-ji - considered the direct śiṣya/putrīya ( disciple) of vyāsa; ṛṣi durvāsacārya , śrī siddharameśvara maharāj , guru of śrī nisargadatta maharāj, my teacher and his teacher svāmī brahmānanda sarasvatī, ādi śaṅkara-ji and the rest.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you for that insightful comment yajvan, that puts the concept of renunciation in a new light

Thread Information