Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: An incredible revelation

An incredible revelation

Namaste all, it has been far too long since I have been on this website.

I did not know where exactly to post this, so God in Hinduism seemed as good a place as any.

I come to share news that is both impersonal and the most personal statement I can make.

I have attained to the state of Jivanmukta.

This is an enormous claim, and I am perfectly aware that to say that seems as an immensely egotistical act, but I share it for many reasons.

First, the fact that I am in material reality a 23 year old american college student whose given name is Eric.

Second, it is a measure of thanks for those who both helped me and hindered me on this path, and to thank all of you wonderful people (goodness this sounds like an acceptance speech). Were it not for your pushing me to think about That Which Is (or Brahman) I might not have achieved this state.

But for those who will inevitably be angry, those who will be confused, and to those who will ultimately think I am mentally ill by the end of this post, I will share what the nature of Jivanmukta is like.

First off, it is intuitive, it is not just thinking "I have attained the highest realization of the supreme" it is a feeling without comparison. Losing all concept of the vessel known as the body as the actual self (I no longer consider myself simply Eric, Eric is just a physical manifestation that imagined himself partitioned off from greater reality) and instead realizing that one exists both as ultimate reality (brahman) and as a physical being in material reality simultaneously.

Knowing this and realizing are entirely different realms. Knowing means you can intellectualize and reduce, realizing is embracing by way of feeling the immensity of this statement. Feeling the fact that under this veil which is both illusory and real that you are ultimately everything while still separate is an enormous paradoxical state. At once you realize that you are, and that you are not, you are experiencer and experience. It is both the most egotistical thing known to humanity and the most humbling.

I have now realized, bodily, transcendantly what the illusion of self (Eric in this case) is. I am no longer terrified of death, nor do I welcome it to my bosom yet, there is still much I can accomplish in this corporeal form and I plan to do so.

And just because I have attained this state in no way separates me, elevates me, or makes me special. It is just a realization, it cannot separate me as separateness is the grandest illusion of all.

I will continue to respect the fact that people don't accept my beliefs as true, and on some level that is a truth in and of itself

I accept the fact that there will be some backlash and that I'm making an extraordinarily prideful and spurious claim of attainment when I am in fact feeding my ego, which some will inevitably think.

But I say this all anyway, I have decided to share this truth with you because there is no need to hide it. In fact, I want everyone to feel this way, because when you feel this way, you feel the greatest love, joy, and serenity that you as a physical person will ever know. You will conceptualize internally Brahman's true form without truly knowing yet also truly knowing.

So as my last comment on this, if anyone would like to know more on what this feels like, if anyone wants to feel it themselves, or anyone just wants to talk about it in general, nothing would make me happier than to help or explain this state that is incomparable.

I am also sadly aware that as the material world constantly changes, so too will my grasp of Jivanmukta, I will sometimes be wholly Eric in my mind and sometimes I will be both thte physical body known as Eric and teh ultimate self.

For those who are angered at this, I accept your insults readily and with joy.

Namaste all

Re: An incredible revelation

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

I am happy for your unfoldment. If I may , let me ask a few questions. Does this revelation (feeling) continue during wake, dream and sleep and is never lost ?

Tell us, now that you are the jīvanmūkti who is God?

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Pranam-s,

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

Tell us, now that you are the jīvanmūkti who is God?
    God - is that bag of salt lying in the corner, begging you to take a pinch as you re-read the OP.

Yajvan,
    the revelation is a constant one.

It has taken me the last few hours to realize a mournful and joyous fact: The Ego of Eric has passed and merged with the supreme personality of godhead (as it is referrred to in the Srimad Bhagavatam). So first, I am Eric physically but spiritually and mentally I am infinite.

Because I am not, technically speaking, Eric he will be referred to in the third person though vestiges of his personality and thoughts still exist as this is still his body typing and he was not dissoluted into Brahman entirely but instead merged.

To answer the question of what god is, you must look around you. As Sudas Paijavana sarcastically mentioned a bag of salt, he is not incorrect, but he is only mentioning an infinitesimally small amount of what I am. It would be enormously egotistical of me to tell you I am god, so instead I will put it poetically:

I am music,
    I am the ground you walk on,
    I am that which makes you happy,
    I am the smallest particle,
    I am the largest supercluster
    I do not exist within the bonds of space, time, form, or thought.
    I am you, just as you are that which is (brahman)
    I am everything considered evil, good, indifferent.
    I am separate yet one.

God is a force of pure joy, power, and immense serenity, even though God exists in material reality as things that are both of an evil nature and good nature the ultimate nameless, boundless reality which is God's true abode is free of dichotomy. That is not to say this reality is false, merely that it creates a sense of separation.

We perceive wholly the body as the self and vice versa, and while to a small extent this is true, one must look past physical reality, one must feel the fact that one is everything and everyone, even the people you despise are you. It is tough to swallow, the loss of individual identity, the ideal of not only loving everything but loving that which is considered evil.

I'm sorry I'm rambling about this, speaking of it is a poor attempt at quantifying the feeling and immensity of existence itself, to use a poor metaphor, it's like trying to describe what the color green is to someone who cannot see. That is not to imply a lack of spiritual insight or prowess, but merely is used to illustrate the difficulty of adequately saying what it is.

Sudas, i'd love to hear whatever other commentary you may have to offer,

Namaste

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/moksha/moksh_10.html

this provides a much more eloquent explanation of that which you ask.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Pranam-s,

God - is that bag of salt lying in the corner, begging you to take a pinch as you re-read the OP.
    I wish I comprehended your post.... I am sure it is only to bring out more knowledge.

Yet the point to be made is with the re-recognition of SELF a new relationship is formed with the Supreme. For some, it is still dual, and for others there is none other then SELF... hence my question.

eric11225 writes,
    But for those who will inevitably be angry, those who will be confused, and to those who will ultimately think I am mentally ill by the end of this post
    the universe rejoices when one finds their way.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Yajvan,
    the revelation is a constant one.

It has taken me the last few hours to realize a mournful and joyous fact: The Ego of Eric has passed and merged with the supreme personality of godhead (as it is referrred to in the Srimad Bhagavatam).
    so, when you say 'I' (in your posts) , who then is this 'I' you are referring to ?

...and do you wish to share how you arrived at this sublime state of Being ?

iti śivaṁ

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Hari Om

Namaste

Eric, good to see you again. No questions, only two comments. In reading your offering, for a number of reasons, glad to see this statement from you,
    "I am also sadly aware that as the material world constantly changes, so too will my grasp of Jivanmukta, ..."

Also, hope that you continue dialogue with YajvanJi, whether in forum or PM as learned not to question his intent. Think only good with dialogue.

Take good care.

Om Namah ShivaYa

FFTW

Yajvan,

The "I" which is being used is merely a placeholder for the nameless, ego-less, infinite self otherwise known as Brahman or Paramatma. I is the best way to describe the perception of that force within the confines of this body

I'm drawing a few conclusions as to how I reached this elevated sublime state.

Firstly, I (Eric) was predisposed towards the advaitic vedanta philosophy of reality. So Eric had already intellectualized this concept.

I have also started a 40 day sadhana (currently on day 6) of 108 repetitions of the Mahamantra (hare krishna, hare krishna, krishna krishna, hare hare, hare rama, hare rama, rama rama, hare hare) and perhaps it is a result of that as well.

Further, my consciousness has been expanding steadily since a time of great crrisis that began a few weeks ago. The state of mind was also altered when I decided that instead of cursing the name Fred Phelps of teh westboro baptist church, I would show love and compassion after his imminent passing, I think finally accepting love towards those who hate the most virulently really pushed this along.

And finally, when I accepted fully that treating someone you consider a great foe or antagonist to your life narrative with pure love, kindness and respect was the most powerful and actively beneficial approach, things really kicked into high gear.

This aided with contemplation on these facts during long walks has I think aided immensely in coming to this state of mind. Also pondering the nature of moksha and attainment of Brahman.

I hope that begins to answer the question Yajvan, although honestly, I couldn't say whether any of those things truly led to it.

Namaste and I hope you find what I am describing for it is a wonderful state

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Yajvan,

I'm drawing a few conclusions as to how I reached this elevated sublime state.
    We can go deeper and wider (as you see fit) at another time... just settling in to this level of Being is a good thing.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information