Thread: Dharmic trance :)

Dharmic trance :)

Namaste all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bNVM09FdtA

Do you support music like this one?

I am into psychedelic music myself,and i personally find it exciting
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Re: Dharmic trance :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryavartian View Post
    Namaste all,

Vannakkam: My honest opinion is that trance music doesn't jive well with the inner melody of Hindu music. It's more part of the rave culture, where psychedelics are commonplace. It rattles things that don't need rattling.
    But that's just one person's opinion.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: My honest opinion is that trance music doesn't jive well with the inner melody of Hindu music. It's more part of the rave culture, where psychedelics are commonplace. It rattles things that don't need rattling.
    But that's just one person's opinion.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste,

Yes,i think native Hindu music like Carnatic is better for pleasing Devatas than trance,but nevertheless these sort of music attracts youth
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Namaste all,

praNAm,
    Wow, they just butchered the M.S. subbulakShmI recitation of the viShNusahasranAmastotram with such background music and made it sound like a chipmunk was singing. Oh well, at least they didn't include [and therefore ruin] my favorite part, i.e. "vishvaM viShNurvaShaTkAro bhUtabhavyabhavatprabhuH...".
    I personally like this much more:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zqXFb8aNc
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Namaskar Aryavartian ji,

I like all music, but not so much for actual meditation, Trance. I do like it for when I'm working online, doing general yard work, cardio workouts, gaming, and anything else where I'm moving fast, trying to get a job done and need to both focus but let my brain go on autopilot at the same time. This kind of music is great for that, it's mind candy. But I find it good for these things because it's so engaging on an intellectual and emotive levels while not being engaging in other areas. It's the diametric opposite of what I have ever needed for any kind of meditative flow.

I know this piece you linked too, it's not one of my favs. I like Jaskaran Singh ji's approximation of the chipmunk, the voice track was too digitized and sped up for me. This artist reminds me of 90's experimental trance, 'The Future Sound of London' meets 'The Orb' but not as good as either.

Some pieces on my current Working (as opposed to relaxing or meditating) mix are: 'Shiva Trance (Om Namah Shivaya)', 'Shiva Boom Trance', and Galactic Mantra Liquid Soul Mix. Ganesha Project and Prem Joshua are artists I enjoy too.

Who else do you like? I am always looking for new music.

edit to add: Jaskaran Singh ji, thank you so much for that link! I have often wondered who the original singer was, love it.

~Pranams
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post

praNAm,
    Wow, they just butchered the M.S. subbulakShmI recitation of the viShNusahasranAmastotram with such background music and made it sound like a chipmunk was singing.
    Chipmunk you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS9FZxEkgYI

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar Aryavartian ji,
    Namaste dear Aanandinii,

I like all music, but not so much for actual meditation, Trance. I do like it for when I'm working online, doing general yard work, cardio workouts, gaming, and anything else where I'm moving fast, trying to get a job done and need to both focus but let my brain go on autopilot at the same time. This kind of music is great for that, it's mind candy. But I find it good for these things because it's so engaging on an intellectual and emotive levels while not being engaging in other areas. It's the diametric opposite of what I have ever needed for any kind of meditative flow.
    I have the same views,but i do listen to trance to get some sleep late at night For meditative mood,i always listen to the mantras(like Gayatri) and Mahavakyas from the Upanishads

Some pieces on my current Working (as opposed to relaxing or meditating) mix are: 'Shiva Trance (Om Namah Shivaya)', 'Shiva Boom Trance', and Galactic Mantra Liquid Soul Mix. Ganesha Project and Prem Joshua are artists I enjoy too.
    Thank you very much for this,i'll go through them

Who else do you like? I am always looking for new music.
    I like anything that fits my mood More often i listen to Metal(any sub genre).

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Namaskar Aryavartian,

Holy wow, is it me or do their voices get higher and more piercing with each passing decade? That sounds more like the Chipettes from when I was a kid.
    I have the same views,but i do listen to trance to get some sleep late at night For meditative mood,i always listen to the mantras(like Gayatri) and Mahavakyas from the Upanishads
    I like anything that fits my mood More often i listen to Metal(any sub genre).
    What are these things of which you speak, 'late' and 'sleep'?
    Hmmm... Not trance, house, but have you tried DeadMau5? You're 20, so probably, but if no... There's something almost hypnotic in his sound. His early stuff reminds me a lot of Yoko Kanno.
    I mostly like classic Metal and German, I haven't followed the modern scene much. I've been having so much joy exploring Bhajans and Mantras lately though, I haven't really kept up with much of anything.

~Pranams

edit to add: Am wondering now if there's a 'General Music' thread in the Canteen or somewhere...
    Last edited by Aanandinii; 05 April 2014 at 12:03 AM.
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Pranam,

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar Aryavartian,

What are these things of which you speak, 'late' and 'sleep'?
    I usually sleep at 2 am But now i have to sleep early due to classes....

Hmmm... Not trance, house, but have you tried DeadMau5? You're 20, so probably, but if no...
    Yes,i have tried DeadMau5 few years ago,along with Tiesto,but don't remember any of their tunes now.

I mostly like classic Metal and German, I haven't followed the modern scene much.
    If you consider Rammstein as metal,then count me in your boat

[/quote] Am wondering now if there's a 'General Music' thread in the Canteen or somewhere...[/QUOTE]

Start one if its not there

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

I couldn't see the first post's music, but like some of the other Goa trance (category that Dharmic trance is probably in) that was posted. Anyone know of any new Goa trance using Indian instruments? I know about Space Zitar, Prosad, and Asian Stars, but that might have been all I have heard (besides music I made.) I'd like to hear a lot more of it.

Thread Information