Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.

Re: When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.

Namaste,

For the record, Isavasya has a better grip of the English than I do.
    The intent was to give an easy way out of the conflicting/inconsistent statements made - may or may not believe in God, don't care whether He exists or not, but this one time, His direct intervention saved my life. Many times it takes a second read of comments made and familiarity with the source they came from before any sense can be made out of them.

Be well!

Pranam.

Understood, Believerji <3 <3

...and often our beliefs in God and also our situation here can be very contradictory.

Here I have all this work to do...take care of this, help with that...try to change this to make it better...do do move move move...work work and work some more.

But, yet I have my whole insides saying.... be still...just be still.

As a householder, I must always choose the first.

I am constantly teetering between an active God which brought my children into this world, who wants me to be a good Mother...and the fact all of this...every bit of it...is just One.

Yajvan, I feel that way too. In everything I see the proof.

I know it will sound silly, but I could spend an hour observing strawberries...or a leaf on a tree. All of it, truly amazing evidence of His Hand.

I think though there are times in our life where we can see the ship turn so steeply...the change in direction...so drastic...that it gives us courage to think that...yes...He's out there....watching this all.

I have seen 8 children brought into this world, may seem so mundane to some ...but it will always be an amazing miracle to this fool.

Just knowing you all...was also such a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

The intent was to give an easy way out of the conflicting/inconsistent statements made - may or may not believe in God, don't care whether He exists or not, but this one time, His direct intervention saved my life. Many times it takes a second read of comments made and familiarity with the source they came from before any sense can be made out of them.

Be well!

Pranam.
    Namaskar,

My English is not really up to standard. I don't mind admitting that.

There was no inconsistency in my statements. Either you read it in a hurry or may be the heading of thread could have caused confusion.
    His direct intervention saved my life.
    I claimed exactly opposite of that. I wrote Obviously I don't claim that it was a miracle or I escaped death because Shiva saved me.

I also wrote the
    following line - I do like to say that in depressing times God is a great comfort for devotees.

My Grandfather went blind in his 60s. He suffered from diabetes, high blood pressure and other aliments. But he was a very devout vaishnavite. He kept singing
    'Shri krishna govind hare murari ....Hey nath narayan vasudeva'. His devotion to God gave him strength to pass his life in joy irrespective of all his sufferings. That's why I implied that irrespective of the fact that God intervenes or not - God is always a great comfort for devotees. As for me, I don't require anything of God. I just have a deep and unending love for Uma Maheshwara.

Nayasurya - It's nice to know your thoughts, sister. You have been posting much less frequently of late.
    Last edited by isavasya; 27 May 2014 at 02:40 PM.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

One of the first songs I learned to sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhWW5q3mgE&feature=kp

They say that whatever we think or say is never new. In fact every bit of it dreamed up by Beloved before we even spawned!
    So...

Close your eyes...

Sitting within your very own heart center you will find Him.

The journey only takes a second...and He is always waiting.

In the space beyond Kala ...of timelessness...there is no wait.

Don't be afraid to dream Him...the power of our ability to conjure Him in such a way is the magic.

They say whatever you can think of...already exists...so always be sure to think of something goodly. <3

We can not ignore that this place we dwell...it must be important or it would never have come to be...and that our location here means we were meant to do something within this space.

We can not know the reason...but we must play along <3

P.S. The words sung by a woman at the end...make me always cry....even since the beginning...and I would be so grateful if anyone knew what she was saying to please let me know...it's very important to me. Much love <3

When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.
    I can't pinpoint a particular incident or an event because Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu stays with me all the time. I can see him, feel him and can do many things with him. When I am angry I scold him, some times even slap him for troubling me. He is my friend, he is my guide...

He is very much here silently watching me as tears roll down my cheeks...
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    .....Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu stays with me all the time....
    When I am angry I scold him, some times even slap him for troubling me.
    Really?

Pranam.

Really?
    Pranam.
    I havent given false information....
    Do you think i will get something by giving false information...?

Do you believe that HE exist or do you feel / see HIS presence? I opine that feeling is different from believing.

Hope you would reply :-)
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    When I am angry I scold him, some times even slap him for troubling me. He is my friend, he is my guide ..
    I think, he would be better without friends like you. You are a grown up man. And what will happen if he slaps you back. Go and get yourself checked.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

~~~~~
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 04 July 2014 at 07:37 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste,

There have been many instances in life where one can say that God helped us..but the fact remains that what seemed like an answered prayer is actually our Karmic entitlement for God always remains a witness.

But this does not mean that those who are not saved by any miracle are do not have the Karmic entitlement to be "saved" but its just that their Karmic entitlement differs.

When we feel that what we wanted happened or we were saved from any mishap etc..we feel God saved us and thank God for it.

But what about those who dont get saved? Does that mean God did not save them?

Not possible isnt it?Cos that would make God pick and choose and that cant be because God does not get involved in what our Karma has ordained.

The God Factor keeps our mind relaxed and in other words God is our anti depressant.

The only way to find out how much we need God is to put ourselves to test to just not think of God or pray for a stipulated period of time and face everything without even calling the name of God in our mind.

I had done that before long long ago..totally stopped formal prayers or any reciting any mantra or even calling our the name of God in the mind.

Now this was not easy because we are used to thinking of God or humming some bhajan or two.

Things were not too bad but when faced with some adversity and a real major problem..that time I had to restrain the mind and tell myself "Today you are NOT going to call for God..face this yourself because the Atma is essentially the same"

So I faced the problems..stressful no doubt but managed to face it and it was no easy problem which I faced....it was indeed a real major problem

Then I realized that we do have inner strength that we usually do not realize and praying to God actually makes us relax and when we pray we share all our ups and downs with God and God becomes our Psychiatrist and the Anti Depressant.

When we take prayer for granted and face life..we do not realize this fact..but when we put ourselves through a test like what I did we value prayer more.

I dont recommend trying this unless one is really ready to face all problems without even uttering the name of God even once.

But its worth a try..

Thread Information