Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.

Re: When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.

Namaste,

After thinking and re-thinking for a very long time whether to post this info or not, I finally decided to post...

About 4 or 5 yrs ago, there was a phase when I thought I was 'spiritually gifted' (with visions, and 'trikaala gnaana'). I was actually blessed with 1 vision in my life, just prior to this phase... and this 1 experience had rendered me as much fantasy about 'being spiritually gifted'. (There was actually a whole afternoon I spent re-arranging every single picture in my puja, because I thought Sri Raghavendra Swami was communicating with me showing symbols in my mind's eye...).

While I was in this phase, I grouped and categorized gods. There were 'good gods' and 'bad gods' to me... I am not going to name any god that I so categorized but his info is crucial to what I am going to write, thus mentioning about it.

Based on my own categorization of good gods and bad gods, I committed one grave mistake - I wrecked the pictures and idols I had of all 'bad gods' - including the picture of a female goddess who actually comes to be worshiped popularly down South India, who is also one of the 10 Mahavidyas.

After this wrecking incident, soon I came to my senses, I was not given any more visions and I realized I am not having 'trikaala gnana' and that I was an ordinary mortal. So I became normal again but I also forgot about the above incident completely.

Just 6 months ago, through some sources (who did not know about how I had wrecked the gods/goddesses pictures) divined and told me that I had done some grave mistake to this above goddess due to which she had inflicted curse of very severe nature to my family, especially to my son. I panicked and narrated what I had done. The remedy was to continue worshiping Sri Rama, my ishta-devata.

So I sincerely prayed to Shri Rama for redeeming me of my sin and to request me a way out of the situation.

I just came to know that this situation had been remedied.

Thus I know that god indeed saves. (I am, but very surprised and shaken by the anger of the female deity who inflicted curse on me, though).

Btw: Owing to the nature of the spiritual messages involved/divinations, etc involved in the above message, I cannot disclose the details to anyone, even through PM, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Viraja; 31 July 2014 at 06:36 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    But what about those who dont get saved? Does that mean God did not save them?
    No. It means they did not turn to Him. God does not intervene unless
    a) the devotee cries / reaches out to Him, surrenders, depends on Him
    b) the devotee has a prior personal relationship with Him which He decides to revive at a certain critical point although the devotee had forgotten [in this life].

All others are doing their independent thing and He gives them the free will and freedom to continue.

jaya govinda rAdhA-ramaNa
    jaya jaya KRshNa hare ~ S ~ S
    jaya gopAla hare ~ S ~ S ~ S...
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dear friends,
    To be precise and frank , all the various shapes , names and forms of Gods are manifestations of our thoughts.There is one supreme energy which we all call paramathma because of want of any other expression .All the souls are part and parcel of that supreme soul , but manifested in different species , given different roles and duties and patterns of life with attendant results which we call karmic results and which in turn lead to different patterns of life.Thus it is an unending circle which makes rounds continuously .There is no begining and no end and it is eternal circle till the realisation comes to the soul and merges with that supreme power which happens after millions of births.Since the soul is eternal , it knows all the solutions to the problems and puts the solutions to those problems when the need arises unknowingly and unwittingly ,and comes out of the problems . Sometimes a soul helps another soul in some other form which we think divine grace . But God , the supreme power is a mere spectator. It is our trust , our faith , our dedication ,our contemplation and concentration which gives results .To that extent we can ascribe the grace to the supreme power and to ordinary mortals it is rather difficult to concentrate on nothingness and there is nothing wrong in visualising God or Goddess in some form and name .Ultimately it is our soul which is helping us and which is being tapped in times of crisis .

Dear Viraja,
    I understand what exactly you underwent. But most of the gods and Goddesses are beings like us or were beings like us before reaching that post .Some are created ,some are promoted some are assigned , some are deputed to those posts .There are millions of universes filled with millions of planets and beings and some are superior and some are inferior to us in intelligence ,power and capabilities .Many of them ,though have done great thapas and have attained higher status , could not actually shed their weaknesses totally , as far as arishad vargas are concerned .Such entities could give curses . But God supreme is a thathwa and energy and would not resort to that step. But then again , we pray all the so called Gods or Goddesses for kamyas.When we do sadhana for the love of universal soul, with out any expectation , we do not attract any ill will or curse .All relationships are of karmic nature and each individual has his own or her own karmic
    residue and one soul can't create or remove any new karma to them just by praying or resorting to any omissions or commissions of religious rituals , unless it is preordained .

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    all the various shapes , names and forms of Gods are manifestations of our thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    most of the gods and Goddesses are beings like us or were beings like us before reaching that post .Some are created ,some are promoted some are assigned , some are deputed to those posts .There are millions of universes filled with millions of planets and beings and some are superior and some are inferior to us in intelligence ,power and capabilities .Many of them ,though have done great thapas and have attained higher status
    Well... there it is. Quote 1 and then Quote 2.

Shri KRshNa is my-Self. This is by experience. However, He is not necessarily just a manifestation of thoughts which come from the mind. It is the other way around. The thoughts are a manifestation of His KRpA and guidance from within as paramAtmA, antaryAmI.

Also, now I see two consecutive statements by the same person that on the one hand say "Gods" are manifestations of thoughts and on the other hand, these same "gods" are living beings like us who have reached higher planes of existence.

This could be interpreted as
    a) at the level of microcosm
    b) at the level of macrocosm

Even so, we cannot discard one for the other, and more importantly, say that our thoughts are the driver or creator of these beings.

But God supreme is a thathwa and energy and would not resort to that step
    That is true. That param tattva, param dhAm, param gati, paramAnanda, param sthiti, paramAtmA, paramAnanda-dAyak is Shri KRshNa (Vishnu/Narayan/RAm) to many of us.

nanhe-se kanhaiyA ke nanhe nanhe paanv
    nanhe painjaniyA se zume sArA gokula gAon...

nandabAbA ki ungli pakadke chale
    aur maiya ke anchal acharne lage
    kabhi godi chalne ko machalne lage
    kabhi haTh karke paiyA paTakane lage

runzun karke painjaniyA
    kAnha chalne lage, kAnha chalne lage...
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 10 August 2014 at 03:06 PM.

Dear friend ,
    The two statements are not exactly contradictory. Both are true . The
    Gods and goddesses are the manifestations of our thoughts in so far as their powers are concerned . They are the beings of other lokas as far as their existence is concerned . Since they have attained certain powers with their thaposhakthi , they can give some boons which is limited .Since they are the residents of different planes their existence is a fact . In some cases , they are created for a specific purpose and they have more power when compared to other beings . But what really matters is there is a law governing the deeds and consequences which is universal and irrevocable. If revocation is possible Krishna would not have kept quite when Abhimanyu was attacked by all the elders in the battle . Same way all the puranas are replete with stories of cause and effect . It is not the vengence or injustice on the part of the supreme Antharyami .It is the process of correction and betterment.How ever close a person is , however effort is put by the near ones , whatever remedial measures taken by any body ,
    the law of cause and effect can't be changed . It is a mere fallacy that something can be changed .All these remedial measures , prayers
    and pleas give some relief and solace. The same way a deed committed by some does not reflect on the life of some other person even if it is own kith and kin.Life is not a Hindi movie where a a song and Harathi , just wipes out all the sorrow . Coming to puranas , we have to take the essence of the story and learn a lesson of what to do and not to dos .They are the stories of lore , which reflect the soceital ,traditional ,and customary trends of those times .We can't and should not take them with blind belief .I
    strongly believe the theory of law of retribution and what ever one wants one has to give that to others .

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste,

After thinking and re-thinking for a very long time whether to post this info or not, I finally decided to post...

About 4 or 5 yrs ago, there was a phase when I thought I was 'spiritually gifted' (with visions, and 'trikaala gnaana'). I was actually blessed with 1 vision in my life, just prior to this phase... and this 1 experience had rendered me as much fantasy about 'being spiritually gifted'. (There was actually a whole afternoon I spent re-arranging every single picture in my puja, because I thought Sri Raghavendra Swami was communicating with me showing symbols in my mind's eye...).

While I was in this phase, I grouped and categorized gods. There were 'good gods' and 'bad gods' to me... I am not going to name any god that I so categorized but his info is crucial to what I am going to write, thus mentioning about it.

Based on my own categorization of good gods and bad gods, I committed one grave mistake - I wrecked the pictures and idols I had of all 'bad gods' - including the picture of a female goddess who actually comes to be worshiped popularly down South India, who is also one of the 10 Mahavidyas.

After this wrecking incident, soon I came to my senses, I was not given any more visions and I realized I am not having 'trikaala gnana' and that I was an ordinary mortal. So I became normal again but I also forgot about the above incident completely.

Just 6 months ago, through some sources (who did not know about how I had wrecked the gods/goddesses pictures) divined and told me that I had done some grave mistake to this above goddess due to which she had inflicted curse of very severe nature to my family, especially to my son. I panicked and narrated what I had done. The remedy was to continue worshiping Sri Rama, my ishta-devata.

So I sincerely prayed to Shri Rama for redeeming me of my sin and to request me a way out of the situation.

I just came to know that this situation had been remedied.

Thus I know that god indeed saves. (I am, but very surprised and shaken by the anger of the female deity who inflicted curse on me, though).

Btw: Owing to the nature of the spiritual messages involved/divinations, etc involved in the above message, I cannot disclose the details to anyone, even through PM, unfortunately.
    Dear Vraja..Namaste,

Frankly speaking can you actually wreck any form of divinity?

Divinity is beyond praise and blame.

There is no such thing as a Goddess inflicting any curse just because a picture of hers was wrecked..the picture you wrecked is an artist impression of God and what you wrecked is your own emotions.

God is not so "sensitive" as to get all worked up and curse a human for wrecking a picture.

So dont worry..its just that you needed time to decide what you really wanted in life.

It was a transient state of confusion and nothing more.

The danger of wrecking any picture is just injury to sharp edges of glass splinters..that is the only risk.

Whatever said and done..even if we feel we had sinned why run to God and ask forgiveness?

That shows lack of courage..one should be brave enough to face consequences if one feels one has sinned.

Committing an error and then asking for forgiveness makes us humans take God for granted and keep on committing errors with the confidence that God will bail us out.

God is not our criminal lawyer to bail us out each time we feel we had done wrong.

One should be brave enough to learn to fight our own faults ourselves without asking for forgiveness.

We should learn to pay the price for our actions even if it means a stint in "hell".

The Brave never ask for forgiveness.

Namaste,

I agree that we have to live out our karma and prarabdha, and in fact devotees understand this most, and will not ask Bhagvan to alleviate their karma. They are the ones that are nishkAm (without expectations).

Gods and goddesses are the manifestations of our thoughts in so far as their powers are concerned . They are the beings of other lokas as far as their existence is concerned .
    Yes, this is what I refered to as a) microcosm b) macrocosm above or you could say adhyAmta and adhidaiva.

However, rather than our thoughts being the source of divine manifestations, I would say VAsudev -- the highest tattva is the source of the thoughts.

BhAgvat also says

inside us , reside
    paramAtmA = VAsudev
    divine ahamkAr = sankarshaN
    mind = pradyumna
    intellect = aniruddha

and other dev-devatA preside over various senses.

-----
    Now coming to suffering as a karmic reaction. What Hari takes away (harate) is the misery out of it. The karmic reaction will have to be borne, but by the time Hari arrives, the individual entity gives almost no importance to what was troublesome

SAnkhya says purush is responsible for experiencing happiness and sorrow when entangled with prakRti. Hari takes this dvandva (duality) away for the devotee -- sometimes so gently, behind the scenes, without their realizing.

This is why the devotees since ancient times sail through painful events while maintaining their joy for Shri Hari.

Hari's flute - the plane takes off without their realizing it.

I am sure you agree with this

praNAm
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 12 August 2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: harate

Further, in the sAnidhya (under the protective wing) of Shri Hari, the devotee avoids unwise actions that may sow the seeds for new karma. They become nishkAm and their vAsanA (desires) taper off, like the poisonous fangs of the snake being removed.

As for Gajendra. VidyAdhar, ShishupAl, RAvaN, AhilyA, their time had arrived -- their auspicious bhAgya (good fortune) of meeting the Lord face to face and being liberated at His hands.

Thread Information