Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.

Re: When God helped you - Share your experiences if any.

Namaste,

In one way, I think, may be, what Renuka ji has offered can help us in creating strength within. There is another aspect to it also. Some seekers don't pray for their own well-being. Why ? They feel so much closeness with God that it makes them feel awkward to "tell Him what he already is aware of". God is omniscient and caring and He knows what we seek.

However, Prayer is a powerful tool and has been advised in scriptures and by great Self-realised souls. We should not undermine its strength. I don't know of any pramANa which forbids us from praying to God and seeking His help, when required.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste,

In one way, I think, may be, what Renuka ji has offered can help us in creating strength within. There is another aspect to it also. Some seekers don't pray for their own well-being. Why ? They feel so much closeness with God that it makes them feel awkward to "tell Him what he already is aware of". God is omniscient and caring and He knows what we seek.

However, Prayer is a powerful tool and has been advised in scriptures and by great Self-realised souls. We should not undermine its strength. I don't know of any pramANa which forbids us from praying to God and seeking His help, when required.

OM

Namaste Ji,

Not praying for "help" is not actually undermining the strength of prayer.

Let me share a recent personal experience.

Some time back my son was admitted in the hospital and he almost landed in Intensive Care Unit.

My parents were praying very hard for his recovery.

As a doctor and mother..I was very concerned and at the same time worried.

My parents were telling me to keep praying for his recovery but I did not pray..not because I didnt believe in prayer but to a certain extent prayer is more to make us calm and not really solving our personal problems in the real sense.

I believe in action to get anything solved..so I monitored my son closely along with his attending doctor and made sure every instruction of his doctor was carried out and my son recovered.

My parents wondered why I never prayed even once..they thought any mother would run to God when their kid was not well...they viewed me as cold.

When my son was sick.. I stopped to think that prayers make actually calms the person who is praying because that person feels worried and stressed up and needs an anti depressant in the form of a prayer.

But does it actually help solve the condition of the person they are praying for?

Technically NO!

Many fail to realize that inner strength itself to face any adversity is God speaking from within.

That for me is the best mode of prayer..not asking for cure but working with God given strength to make sure another person is cured by action rather than prayer.

Namaste Renuka ji,

Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Not praying for "help" is not actually undermining the strength of prayer.

When my son was sick.. I stopped to think that prayers make actually calms the person who is praying because that person feels worried and stressed up and needs an anti depressant in the form of a prayer.

But does it actually help solve the condition of the person they are praying for?

Technically NO!

Many fail to realize that inner strength itself to face any adversity is God speaking from within.

That for me is the best mode of prayer..not asking for cure but working with God given strength to make sure another person is cured by action rather than prayer.
    Now I think, I understand your point of view better.

Prayer doesn't mean that we should stop acting on our own. God has said :

"MAm anusmara, yudhya cha".

Lord Krishna doesn't say that just praying to me ... just chant my name, just keep me in your thoughts ... and you will win the war. NO !

His first instruction is :

MAm anusmara i.e.

"Keep me in your thoughts" ====> Keep me in your mind, in your prayers.

And it is not complete without the second one :

"Yudhya cha"

"and fight (to win the war)" ===> Focus on your duty.

These instructions are not to Arjuna alone but to everyone of us. We must keep God in our thoughts i.e. we should pray but at the same time we must focus on our duty (and leave the results in the hands of God. So that we are not perturbed by thoughts of fear of failures/excitement of expected success. So that we are fully focused to our job at hand).

We are taught :

"Learn to be calmly active and actively calm."

Indulging in dry prayers and running away from one's duty is not real prayer.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information