Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SadGuru and God

SadGuru and God

Dear Learned Members

I understand both SadGuru and God will take care of a true devotees.But why is that Sadguru is willing to change the karma of his devotee while God do not prefer to change the fate.

What is logic behind this?

Re: SadGuru and God

Namaste Wai,

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    I understand both SadGuru and God will take care of a true devotees.But why is that Sadguru is willing to change the karma of his devotee while God do not prefer to change the fate.
    It is God alone who sends a Sadguru to a Truth Seeker. So, when Sadguru helps, it is as desired by God. Again, there is no law that God won't do it by Himself and that for changing fate a Sadguru is always needed. Actually, getting God's grace is a lot easier through a Sadguru as he can connect with God easily than a common seeker at lower spiritual level can do himself. Once seeker attains some required spiritual level, he can communicate with God as we do with any other person and seek intervention in genuine cases.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Hari Om!

It is also said that God and Satguru are one. Many subscribe to this those and there are those who don't.

I am of the opinion that Sadguru is God, or rather God on Earth. Is this proper? It fits in with my current thinking and contributed to my total surrender to Guru some time back.

So, I am not totally convinced that fate is changed per se. Karma is still playing itself out regardless of circumstance. Some do and some don't even aspire to meet a Satguru in a lifetime. Those that do, again in my opinion, are very fortunate.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Dear Learned Members

willing to change the karma of his devotee
    This is a finer point that one may wish to consider... karma (properly karman) occurs within the field of the 3 guna-s. When the guru talks to 'you' he is talking beyond the 3 guna-s, and is talking to the Self (ātman) that is the real 'you'. Hence he ( the guru) is talking to his own Self for this Self is the same in all that is in you ( housed in the body).
    So, is the guru concerned with that which comes and goes ( body/thoughts/feelings/ideas) ? All these are the impediments that form that curtain in front of the Self. It is that which he wishes to change? He is much more interested in that Being that is changeless, that is untouched by karma. Bring that to the forefront and karma means nothing , other then the completion of actions that occur within the 3 guna-s.

So what is my point ? What karma can he 'accept' if he is changeless himself, if he is beyond the 3 guna-s ? Where can karma touch him ( or her). There must be more to this notion then meets the eye.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

God send sadguru to decrease your karmas and connect him with you. So the updesh give you by guru is always like GOD gives you. You must follow his saying. he will definitely shows you right path.

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

It is also said that God and Satguru are one. Many subscribe to this those and there are those who don't.

I am of the opinion that Sadguru is God, or rather God on Earth. Is this proper? It fits in with my current thinking and contributed to my total surrender to Guru some time back.

So, I am not totally convinced that fate is changed per se. Karma is still playing itself out regardless of circumstance. Some do and some don't even aspire to meet a Satguru in a lifetime. Those that do, again in my opinion, are very fortunate.
    Hi Smith

thanks for reply.I fully agree with your views.I have heard many stories of Kanchi Parmacharaya who changed the karma of his devotees.There are people still living now who witnessed his love for this devotees.

He was a living God.My opinion is that karma cant be removed but it can transferred.That is why many SadGurus suffered from various diseases (eg Ramanar suffering from cancer..etc) because they transferred devotees Karma to themself.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

This is a finer point that one may wish to consider... karma (properly karman) occurs within the field of the 3 guna-s. When the guru talks to 'you' he is talking beyond the 3 guna-s, and is talking to the Self (ātman) that is the real 'you'. Hence he ( the guru) is talking to his own Self for this Self is the same in all that is in you ( housed in the body).
    So, is the guru concerned with that which comes and goes ( body/thoughts/feelings/ideas) ? All these are the impediments that form that curtain in front of the Self. It is that which he wishes to change? He is much more interested in that Being that is changeless, that is untouched by karma. Bring that to the forefront and karma means nothing , other then the completion of actions that occur within the 3 guna-s.

So what is my point ? What karma can he 'accept' if he is changeless himself, if he is beyond the 3 guna-s ? Where can karma touch him ( or her). There must be more to this notion then meets the eye.

iti śivaṁ

Respected Yajvanji

Excellent reply.Thanks a lot

Jai Shree Maa

Sadguru & God is not two entity...

Its the same. We have God in different manifestations.. like Guru,Mata(Mother),Pita(Father) .

But due to our illusions (That I am the body or the body is me...) we start discreminating..

Once we have a clean thought/ mind, we see GOD in our GURU, Maata & Pita(father) only.

God had presented himself to us in the form of our respected GURU.

Thank you so much.

Jai Shree Maa

Ajeet

pranam

who is sad guru and who is asad guru ?

Jai Srimannarayana,

Though Sunlight is essential for a lotus to blossom, it remains that way only if it stays in the pond with water. If the same lotus jumps out of the pond assuming that Sun alone is enough, the same Sun withers it! Likewise, Guru’s grace is essential to help one blossom in the love of God!

https://chinnajeeyar.org/guru-purnim...under-the-sun/ (this beautiful analogy is given here in the last section)
    https://chinnajeeyar.org/guru-purnim...n-five-levels/ (also the greatness of Guru and his role is explained on the day of Guru Purnima here)

Thread Information