Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A dream about Lord Krishna

  1. #1
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Location
    York, PA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    36

    A dream about Lord Krishna

    Last night I had a strange dream. I had several garlands of flowers and a couple of Malas (one of the flower garlands was blue, but I don't remember much about them other than that). I started to put them on my neck, but then I noticed Lord Krishna standing there, so I went over to put them on Him instead. Someone behind me told me not to put them on Krishna because if I did they'd be invisible and nobody could see them. I put them on Him anyway and sure enough, they turned invisible. Then Krishna told me to go get cleaned up then people would be able to see the flowers. I noticed then that my feet were dirty. There were some women nearby washing people's feet. I'm ticklish in my feet so I didn't want to let them wash them. Then I looked down and all the dirt fell off my feet.
    Then I woke up.
    I need to know if anyone has any idea of what this dream might mean?
    Jeff (a.k.a. Govinda Das)

    Hindu Quaker.
    Though I am eternal, immutable, and the Lord of all beings, yet I manifest Myself by controlling material Nature, using My own divine potential energy, the Divine Light
    (Bhagavad Gita 4:6

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    India
    Age
    24
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    856

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Namaste Sir,
    I am a new member and don't have much exeperience but from my opinion no one can tell the perfect meaning of ur dream, but only one person can you or lord krishna self...
    You know the meaning of ur dream as you know about ur relation with god and ur spiritual development, to find the meaning of dream just ask urself or
    as you have dream of lord krishna then meditate on Lord Krishna with full of devotion, with pure faith ask lord krishna about ur dream and you will get perfect and pure answer eigher in ur own mind or by any external signals...
    It is better to ask that divine almighty. thanx for listen my littel opinion... Good luck and have a nice day
    and Jai Shree Krishna

  3. #3
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    34
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Namaste govind_das

    It was a pleasure to read your post since I am a (aspiring) devotee of Lord Krishna

    My answer is that Lord Krishna is trying to make you fall in love with Him.

    By the way in your introduction you say:

    I have been an avid student of the Bhagavad Gita for a couple of years. I have 2 translations, the Bhaktivedanta translation and the International Gita Society translation.
    I am glad to know that you have the translation and commentary of Srila Prabhupada.

    But to help me and other users as well to give you the right answer I suggest you to answer to the following questions:
    -do you worship Lord Krishna?If yes,only Him or also other deities?
    -do you consider Lord Krishna an avatara of Lord Vishnu or His (Vishnu) source?
    -are your views aligned with one of the five vaishnava sampradayas?
    -what is the spiritual destination that you wish to obtain if you get moksha(liberation from the cycle of death and rebirth) in this same life?Merging into the impersonal Brahman or going to the spiritual world(where the liberated souls enjoy eternal love with God)?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    1400

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    -are your views aligned with one of the five vaishnava sampradayas?


    Namaste Ji,

    Five Sampradayas?But there only four Sampradayas.I never heard about a fifth one.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Location
    York, PA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Namaste, Orlando

    In answer to your questions:

    I worship Lord Krishna almost exclusively (and occasionally Ganesha). I do Japa, usually I use the Hare Krishna mantra.

    I consider Lord Krishna to be an avatar of Vishnu., and the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

    I was unaware of the existence of a 5th Sampradaya. I've only heard of 4 of them. I'm not formally associated with any of them, although I consider myself to be a Vaishnava (or at least I aspire to be). I am a "solitary" follower of Hinduism. I don't have a guru or spiritual master. Most of my knowledge comes from reading books, primarily those of Srila Prabhupada, as well as others. I also have a set of DVDs containing mp3's of all of Srila Prabhupada's recorded lectures, talks, etc (although I find these difficult to use because his very thick accent is so hard to understand). Besides the Bhagavad Gita, I also read the Rig Veda, and I am getting ready to get copies of the other three Vedas.

    As to Moksha, I believe we go to the spirit realm and spend eternity with God (Krishna).
    Jeff (a.k.a. Govinda Das)

    Hindu Quaker.
    Though I am eternal, immutable, and the Lord of all beings, yet I manifest Myself by controlling material Nature, using My own divine potential energy, the Divine Light
    (Bhagavad Gita 4:6

  6. #6
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    34
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Namaste Ram116040

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    Five Sampradayas?But there only four Sampradayas.I never heard about a fifth one.
    The five vaishnava sampradayas are the following:
    • Brahma/Madhava sampradaya
      Sri/Lakshmi/Ramanuja sampradaya
      Rudra/Shiva/Vallabha sampradaya
      Kumara/Nimbarka sampradaya
      Brahma-Madhva/Gaudiya sampradaya


    I assume that the point is that you didn't know that Madhava-sampradaya and gaudiya-sampradaya have in common 19 acharyas(from Lord Krishna to Laksmipati) and hence they are two schools of the same branch: Brahma-sampradaya

    You can see gaudiya lineage until Srila Prabhupada(the founder of ISKCON) here:
    http://www.harekrsna.it/index.php?op...=62&Itemid=144

    Pranama,
    Orlando.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    December 2012
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando View Post

    Brahma/Madhava sampradaya
    ...

    Brahma-Madhva/Gaudiya sampradaya
    I assume that the point is that you didn't know that Madhava-sampradaya and gaudiya-sampradaya have in common 19 acharyas ....
    Madhvacarya or Madhva also known as Ananda Tirtha was the leader of one vaishnava sampradaya: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhvacarya#Madhva

    As far as I know Madhava was a scholar in the line of Shankara's Advaita tradition.


    regards

  8. #8
    Join Date
    December 2012
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by govind_das View Post
    Last night I had a strange dream. I had several garlands of flowers and a couple of Malas (one of the flower garlands was blue, but I don't remember much about them other than that). I started to put them on my neck, but then I noticed Lord Krishna standing there, so I went over to put them on Him instead. Someone behind me told me not to put them on Krishna because if I did they'd be invisible and nobody could see them. I put them on Him anyway and sure enough, they turned invisible. Then Krishna told me to go get cleaned up then people would be able to see the flowers. I noticed then that my feet were dirty. There were some women nearby washing people's feet. I'm ticklish in my feet so I didn't want to let them wash them. Then I looked down and all the dirt fell off my feet.
    Then I woke up.
    I need to know if anyone has any idea of what this dream might mean?
    Dreams are made of impressions that occur during sleep. These impressions are formed according to something that we've experienced in the past either during this life or during past life. It is difficult to interpret what dreams precisely mean because in them there are often completely meaningless scenes, but if in your dreams impressions associated with Lord Krishna occur, especially if during this life you have not been Lord Krishna's devotee, this could mean that you were Lord Krishna's devotee in your past life.

    Whatever it is, dreams are just dreams and we should not give them great importance. It is better to focus on life during wakefulness.


    regards

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    usa,iowa
    Age
    34
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    how do you know it was lord krishna? i mean do you know how lord krishna looks like? or do you think any person who is blue in color with a flute in his hand becomes lord krishna/..

    Do you know after mukti in goloka millions of souls get the form like lord krishna two arms,flute,peacock feather etc:P
    uddhava looked exactly like lord krishna ..kind paundra looked like krishna...
    . so many actors who played krishna in movies and dramas have blue color and flute and peacock.

    so how do you know the blue colored person whom u saw in ur dream was lord krishna!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Location
    York, PA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: A dream about Lord Krishna

    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    how do you know it was lord krishna? i mean do you know how lord krishna looks like? or do you think any person who is blue in color with a flute in his hand becomes lord krishna/..

    Do you know after mukti in goloka millions of souls get the form like lord krishna two arms,flute,peacock feather etc:P
    uddhava looked exactly like lord krishna ..kind paundra looked like krishna...
    . so many actors who played krishna in movies and dramas have blue color and flute and peacock.

    so how do you know the blue colored person whom u saw in ur dream was lord krishna!

    I'm certain it was Him because the other people in the dream called Him 'Krishna'. He didn't identify Himself by name, but I assumed that was because He knew that I knew who he was.
    Jeff (a.k.a. Govinda Das)

    Hindu Quaker.
    Though I am eternal, immutable, and the Lord of all beings, yet I manifest Myself by controlling material Nature, using My own divine potential energy, the Divine Light
    (Bhagavad Gita 4:6

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Suffering?
    By satay in forum God in Hindu Dharma
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 27 May 2014, 01:41 AM
  2. Shri Rudra - Sankarshana Moorti Swaroopo ??
    By giridhar in forum Shaiva
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10 July 2011, 07:27 AM
  3. How did God manifest the universe?
    By Spiritualseeker in forum God in Hindu Dharma
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18 August 2009, 01:18 PM
  4. Veda
    By sarabhanga in forum Vedas & Brahmanas
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21 January 2007, 07:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •