Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: VISHNU SAHASRANAMA- BIG DOUBT

Re: VISHNU SAHASRANAMA- BIG DOUBT

Namaste all

A few days ago I asked Satay to move the discussion between me and HLK to some other forum, eg Philosophy or similar.

regards

Vishnu Sahasranama- Doubt Clarified

Namaste,

Firstly,I request members to forgive me if anyone was offended because of my questions.

Secondly,this is what I understand.

1.SVS is interpreted and used in different ways in different traditions.
    2.Majority members are of the opinion that every person is eligible to chant SVS.
    3.Some devotees consider it a mantra and chant it by performing Dhyana,Nyasa etc.This mantric method is allowed only for initiated devotees.
    Most Sampradayas encourage women to can chant SVS.
    5.As we have different Sampradayas,it is good to do things as suggested by one's own Guru/Sampradaya.Same thing applies for women.
    6.According to some,SVS can be split into names and every devotee can chant Vishnu Sahasra Namavali irrespective of his/her Varna,caste,gender etc.

Shanti: (x3) _/\_
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    Vishnu Sahasranama- Doubt Clarified

Namaste,

Secondly,this is what I understand.

6.According to some,SVS can be split into names and every devotee can chant Vishnu Sahasra Namavali irrespective of his/her Varna,caste,gender etc.
    Just one small observation:
    Vishnu Sahasranama can not be split into names because Vishnu Sahasranama are names of Lord Vishnu!

regards

4. Re: VISHNU SAHASRANAMA- BIG DOUBT

This is a video I made on VS.Please have a look and share your feedback.By the way, i'm a non-brahmin woman,been reciting the VS for nearly 3 years.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6AccXQLiA

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste

Just one small observation:
    Vishnu Sahasranama can not be split into names because Vishnu Sahasranama are names of Lord Vishnu!

regards
    Pranam Brahma, yes, VS is the Nama Kirtana of supreme God Vishnu and who can stop them to chant their self's divine names? Indeed In this Kaliyuga, there's nothing other than chanting Vishnu names. It's my firm conviction that only Nama Japa is the giver of Moksha. Even Upanishads can not trace the superiority of Nama Japa. See how this is amazing! Even though this Nama Japa is the easiest way to achieve the final goal, it has become rare and the rare is that person who knows Mahatmya of Nama. Study of Veda is really meaningless who doesn't chant Hari Nama. "Always Bhaj Govindam"

I don't want to know anything but oh Bhagavan Krushna, when will that time come when you yourself will chant Hari Nama in my heart and I'll hear that calmly with devotion "
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 26 May 2014 at 05:18 AM.

6. Re: VISHNU SAHASRANAMA- BIG DOUBT

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Pranam Chaitanya Welcome !

We vaishnawas can show thousands of verses showing the unity of Atma & Brahma.

I think here shri krushna is talking about Various siddhis. The general idea behind siddhis is that whoever meditates on saguna rupa of krishna becomes supreme controller exactly like how krishna is.

Your above verse is talking about two siddhis. In fact both are one. One is Ishitu and other is vashitu. Ishitu means who can rule everything and Vashitu means who can control everything. When one acquires these both, his orders become orders of krishna himself. NO ONE can disobey them. In short, whoever meditates on saguna form gains the nature of krishna. He becomes identical to krishna. But such siddhis are barrier for attainment of nirguna brahman. So there krishna instructs that when one acquires such siddhis, one should not hold pride over them and should not give up meditating on my nirguna nature of Brahman. Who meditates in such way, actually merges in Brahman like an individual light in the fire. “ avam samahit……..jyotishi sanyutam “ (BP 11.14.45)

Meaning: With his intellect thus established, he sees me in himself and himself actually merged in me (bramhan) like an individual light in the element of fire.
    ,In the end after describing all siddhis, krishna says this verse :

अहं आत्मा आंतरः बाह्यः अनावृतः सर्वदेहिनाम्
    यथा भूतानि भूतेषु बहिरंतः स्वयं तथा ॥ ३६ ॥

: I alone is the Atma of all jivas, who's Anavrutah and situating inner and outer side of Jivas , like all panchbhutas are present everywhere in the body and out of the body.

In short, Just as a pot is in the space and the space is both inside and outside of that pot, similarly Brahman is fully occupying the inner and the outer aspect of everything and that what has adhishtan everywhere is Atma or Brahman.

I wanna say only one thing. The reality is one and whatever is beyond maya is indeed supreme. " Brahman alone is the truth " So both jiva and Brahman can not be true simultaneously as there's only one truth. Strictly, only one of them should be true true and another should be an superimposition over other ie over the true thing. If we consider jiva as eternal and reality, then brahman becomes a false thing as it subjects to change and duality. And for sure, as far as scripture's authority is concerned, jiva no doubt merges in Brahman or becomes Brahman or acquires his true self which is none other than Brahman.
    Thanks, Hinduism Krishna, for detailed views of yours .

Jai Shree Krishna

Namaste Ram,

Thanks for summing up, how ever, this thread has re ignited old never ending discussion on the laws governing the equality and its relevance to the present society.

My view is either the set of members who are advocating in favour of "the differences based on gender and varna etc" as dharmic should explain it clearly why they believe so to other members or should refrain from criticizing the questioner.
    Anirudh...

Admin Note
    Namaste,
    This thread is under review.
    satay

Thread Information