Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When people meet ...

When people meet ...

I am running Rahu dasha that is coming to a close in a year from now. Looking look back at the last 5 years or so till today, I have made a number of genuine, like-minded friends with whom I have a long term, sustained friendship. A number of these friends have Ketu dasha running for them.

While this may be pure coincidence, are there any studies or points of view from Jyotish on when people's destiny paths cross each other significantly ?

Re: When people meet ...

Dear friend ,
    Astrologically 11th house is studied for friends .11TH house is opposite to 5th house . So planets posited in 5th house , and 11 th house show our friendships . Where 11 has Saturn the friends are old and elderly , have interest in spirituality , and rather serious in disposition . Where venus is 11 th house more women friends or people who have much interest in arts , music , pleasant pursuits , soft in nature . like that . But we can't take a single factor for deciding any thing . These are just indicaters . we can say the nature and disposition of friends can be studied from the planets posited in the 11th or 5 th along with other influences they are subjected to. where Rahu is th influencing planet there is a possibility of the worship of ugra devathas like Kali or Kalabhirava
    It is but natural to get attracted to like minded people . In all likelihood they could be running the same dasas or related dasas.

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friend ,
    Astrologically 11th house is studied for friends .11TH house is opposite to 5th house . So planets posited in 5th house , and 11 th house show our friendships . Where 11 has Saturn the friends are old and elderly , have interest in spirituality , and rather serious in disposition . Where venus is 11 th house more women friends or people who have much interest in arts , music , pleasant pursuits , soft in nature . like that . But we can't take a single factor for deciding any thing . These are just indicaters . we can say the nature and disposition of friends can be studied from the planets posited in the 11th or 5 th along with other influences they are subjected to. where Rahu is th influencing planet there is a possibility of the worship of ugra devathas like Kali or Kalabhirava
    It is but natural to get attracted to like minded people . In all likelihood they could be running the same dasas or related dasas.
    But why, and this is a prevailing belief, is the 11th considered as a friend?

Just because 11th is 6th from sixth? Each enemy from enemy may seem like a friend, but not necessarily?

And a friend is not always about gains either?

Surely, IT must be less simple than, many try to portray or explain it away so?

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohiniranjanji ,
    Verified with actual experience gives the dictum many times . Among other things like gains , profites money , children , worship , friends also are shown by the 11th house . After all there are only 12 houses but many many things in life which have to be studied with reference to the astroloical confirmation . If this question about friends and 11 th house is raised , we can get doubts about all other factors and the allotted houses.11th house deals with children . Agood planet assures children and the placement of yogakarakas in 11 th assures successful children .Abad and unfavourable planet gives trouble givin ,unsuccessful or sick children . WHY it should be like that when 5 the house is the important house for the puthrabhava .Once I came across a valid and reasonable logic , about 11 the house and children , that is a malefic in 11 th house causes loss or deprivation of happiness from children because 11 th is connected with riches also ( of course along with 5 ,9 ,and 2 )and normally a virtuous person can't amass riches in a righteous way and a malefic in 11 th while giving riches gives unfortunate children also .But for any confirmation of any dictum we always have to give a provision for exceptions also .Each horoscope is unique in it's own way . Astrology is a science of tendencies and no body can declare any thing with certainity .Narendra modi is the best example in the recent history. rgds ls

Respected Saswathy and RohiniRanjan

Thank you for your responses. While I did mention that I made some good friends, my question was in a broader context.

We are all subject to the divine plan and not one of the individuals we come across in our lives is mere coincidence. This includes friends,
    enemies, neutral people, people who last for a short time in our life but exert tremendous influence, people whom we influence strongly
    and so on and so forth.

Given this observation, are there any astrological patterns that govern when two individuals are likely to come together by the force of divine will?
    I took a very simple example that was based on my experience i.e in the peak of Rahu dasha attracting quite a few Ketu dasha friends. It is more likely it is
    less simplistic than that. If there is one, would be curious to understand it.

Thanks
    Madhu

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear Rohiniranjanji ,
    Verified with actual experience gives the dictum many times . Among other things like gains , profites money , children , worship , friends also are shown by the 11th house . After all there are only 12 houses but many many things in life which have to be studied with reference to the astroloical confirmation . If this question about friends and 11 th house is raised , we can get doubts about all other factors and the allotted houses.11th house deals with children . Agood planet assures children and the placement of yogakarakas in 11 th assures successful children .Abad and unfavourable planet gives trouble givin ,unsuccessful or sick children . WHY it should be like that when 5 the house is the important house for the puthrabhava .Once I came across a valid and reasonable logic , about 11 the house and children , that is a malefic in 11 th house causes loss or deprivation of happiness from children because 11 th is connected with riches also ( of course along with 5 ,9 ,and 2 )and normally a virtuous person can't amass riches in a righteous way and a malefic in 11 th while giving riches gives unfortunate children also .But for any confirmation of any dictum we always have to give a provision for exceptions also .Each horoscope is unique in it's own way . Astrology is a science of tendencies and no body can declare any thing with certainity .Narendra modi is the best example in the recent history. rgds ls
    Dear ls ji,

I am not sure why you brought up Modi ji as an example? In this international conversation? ;-)

Or are we missing out on the global context? Vasudha.... etc.? ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Dear sir ,
    Now Modi is very much an international subject . I brought that topic because for the past few months much discussion has been taking place , taking his lagna as Thula as well as scorpio , both arguments equally effective. Now the question is no body could say with certainity as to which Lagna he belongs . That shows astrology is a science of tendencies and we go by the rules. That is applicable to any chart and any house The logic that '' 6th is the house of enemies and an enemy's enemy is a friend '' need not be the deduction , as poited out . The allocations are made in the scriptures and many times they tallied in the experience . rgds

Dear Saswathy Ji,

I totally agree with your comments on 11th & 5th house.

I've Saturn(My 11th Lord) in 5th house aspecting 11th house and Mars exhulted in 11th house. (Mars is my 2nd and 9th lord).

Due to Saturn's presence I've only daughters... And due to Mars they are brilliant too

Similarly all my close firends are elder and spriritually inclined persons...Again Satuns effect...It has also helped in getting spiritual insights from Sages... I believe the connection of Saturn and Mars to 5th house offered spiritual thoughts in me too from young age onwards.

NOTE : Saturn is more spiritual and Jupiter is more religious in my exp.

Thanks
    Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Dear Saswathy Ji,

I totally agree with your comments on 11th & 5th house.

I've Saturn(My 11th Lord) in 5th house aspecting 11th house and Mars exhulted in 11th house. (Mars is my 2nd and 9th lord).

Due to Saturn's presence I've only daughters... And due to Mars they are brilliant too

Similarly all my close firends are elder and spriritually inclined persons...Again Satuns effect...It has also helped in getting spiritual insights from Sages... I believe the connection of Saturn and Mars to 5th house offered spiritual thoughts in me too from young age onwards.

NOTE : Saturn is more spiritual and Jupiter is more religious in my exp.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Some astrologers are of the view that the fifth represents the friends (and followers-admirers)! There is no doubt that the sixth represents the aris/ripus or enemies. The negation (loss) thereof would be shown by the 5th house (hence friends, the true kind that is ;-)) and naturally, planets in 11th would be associated with or influence the sector associated with friends!

Dear hms,
    Yes , the answer applies to the query even in broader context also. Astrology is a science as far as it deals with karma .whatever was done by the soul gets reflected in the chart because a soul takes birth to repay all the karmic debts.In the proces of repayment that part of karma with which the soul took birth gets spent but in this process it attracts fresh karma which gets added to the residual karma . Thus with each birth some repayment takes place . But it is not to punish the soul , but to make the soul to correct it self and one fine day to get to the state of perfectiuon where no birth is needed .Thus a chart is a blue print of our past deeds and all those to whom we owe some thing and who owe something to us are shown in different relationships .The minute the debt is over they disappear from our lives either through separation or death .There is nothing known as by accident but everything is by design that takes place in life . It is not fatalism . It is the knowedge of the science of karma . Free will definitely has a role but it is limited and again is subject to the broader confines of karma . A great realised soul is above the law of karma , where the seeds of karma get burnt due to the realisation of self. But here we are taking in to consideration ordinary ,normal souls and not exceptions .

Thread Information