Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Hybrid View

Exclamation Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Hello and Namaste,
    I would really appreciate some insight on two dreams I've had recently. They are particularly poignant because I usually don't remember any drama . I’ve had TWO dreams in two weeks with Goddesses in them.

#1 - I prayed to my new Lakshmi statue for guidance & to help me obtain resources to quit my job & pursue a singing career. That night I dreamt of a concrete wall. It was short but very difficult to climb. In-between me & the wall was Goddess Lakshmi. She said, “Are you going to help me get to the top of this wall? You can help me get to the top & I can help you or you can chose not to. It is up to you.” She was matter-of-fact & indifferent to my choice.

#2 – Four nights ago (1 week later) I prayed to my Lakshmi statue before bed. I asked her for guidance in my dreams about my singing future & what I should do. I barely slept; I had a brief dream of Goddess Kali’s blue face appeared RIGHT in front me. She had teeth like a shark. Her tongue was hanging out but it wasn’t bloody. She appeared uninvited. I was not scared. I said, “No, Kali. That is not how I wish to achieve my goal. I don’t wish to pursue it that way.” She said nothing. She seemed slightly amused but otherwise neutral.

What are the Goddesses trying to say about my future as a singer? What should I do?

BACKGROUND:
    I am not hindu and I was not raised Hindu or any religion. That being said, I am spiritual and I've been studying jyotish for a year and a half. I have become increasingly interested in Hinduism and recently became vegetarian as a result. Though I'm an intuitive person, I'm scared of spirits/entities & I’ve avoided meditation. Two weeks ago I started Chakra meditation & I read about Lakshmi, Ganesha, & Saraswati. I started praying to them because I wanted their help fulfilling my dream of being a singer who uplifts the world with music.

I would really like some feedback in this. I'm a little shaken up because if the last encounter and I've barely slept in 4 days.

Thank you,
    Chelissa

Re: Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Vannakkam Chelissa: I would recommend that you go to a Hindu temple, sit in front of Lakshmi, or Ganesha, and offer up your prayer for guidance there. Then later, in a moment of relaxation, they will work their magic through your intuition. Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 23 May 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Re: Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Pranams,

Dream interpretations generally are all about the one who dreamed it and what each element represents to them. So only you after meditating in them or a competent guru can give you explanation.

But I can offer some points that maybe will help you get some insight:

The first dream I interpret that Goddess Lakshmi is saying that you need to help Her so She can help you. I think she is demanding more devotion from you or more sadhana, something you need to do for Her first, and then She can help you.

The same way you have to climb a wall, wich is an obstacle in your life, Lakshmi also has to climb the wall that your ego has built in your heart. When Her climbing happens, yours climbing will too, because the wall is the same for both.

The second dream I have no idea of an interpretation. It looks very personal to me. Think about what Goddess Kali represents to you, what is the "way" that she represents that you don't want to follow. What are your fears? When you think about Goddess Kali, what comes to your mind?

Namaste.

Thank you for your input. I've never been to a temple so I'm a little intimidated/nervous to do so. I haven't meditated much since then because it left me a little unsettled. I don't want anything negative to happen. What I've read of about Goddess Kali is either very positive or negative and I'm not sure which side of her I will see. I will look into temples locally as well. In the mean time does anyone have any insight/advice for seeing Kali? I've read online that seeing Gods/Goddess in general is usually beneficial, especially for Goddess Lakshmi. However, I was unable to find good information for Goddess Kali.

I don't mean to be a pest. I'm just a bit scared and uncertain. I've been having issues sleeping for days now because I'm not sure what I'll see.

Thank you again for your feedback and guidance.
    Chelissa

Quote Originally Posted by Chelissa View Post
    What I've read of about Goddess Kali is either very positive or negative and I'm not sure which side of her I will see. I'm just a bit scared and uncertain.
    Jai Ram ji ki, Chelissa.

There is nothing negative about Kali. She is the mother. How can be a mother negative to her children. Among humans as well as among animals, the mother gets furious only if there is a danger for her children. Kali is ferocious only for that reason but not to her devotees. Otherwise she is the most beautiful mother in the world, Durga.

So do not be scared. If you want to go to the temple, please do so. You would find it nice there, except for the initial hiccups about a different culture.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

Hello chelissa ji,
    Eastern mind ji's way is totally right you will get proper meaning of your dream by this method..
    After reading your thread I wish to reply you but before going further I will like to say I am not have any insight and exeperience, I tell you what my mind says after reading this-
    I think you are more open to the energies surrounding you and hence littel bit psychic, your intention of being singer is very strong but still your another mind littel afraid due to most things (challenges in singing and doubt that can you achieve that) I think your two minds (one strongly want to achieve but other has doubt) reflection comes in your dream
    my view about first dream- I think that concrete wall is indication of difficulties and struggles you might have to do in this career and goddess want to tell you that if you are ready to cross all this difficulties then she will help you as god always help them and love them who are hardworking and their devotee, for that devotee he definately help, (if you are ready then it is not difficult to conquer all problems as concrete wall is small)
    about second dream- I think your second mind which wants to stay in safe, he don't want struggles and have fear and doubt about future circumstances tells you in your dream that you don't want to be singer by quitting your job, you can be singer by continue your job, and this is more safe maybe the proper meaning is hidden in your mind,
    I don't know anything so can't tell you anything more but I can wish that as goddess kali conquer all demons and everything in her path like that you will overcome all difficulties in your life, wish you will get wealth by maa lakxmi (godess of wealth), wish that you will sing like mata Saraswati (godess of knowledge and singing)
    sorry if I can't help,
    God Bless You!!
    (note: please don't mind about spelling mistakes and poor english )
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Thank you for your reply. I responded as soon as I got your message but it never posted. Hopefully this one is uploaded okay.

I will see about trying to make it to a temple. In the mean time, does anyone wish to provide insight as to what they think?

Thank you,
    Chelissa

Quote Originally Posted by Chelissa View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I responded as soon as I got your message but it never posted. Hopefully this one is uploaded okay.

I will see about trying to make it to a temple. In the mean time, does anyone wish to provide insight as to what they think?

Thank you,
    Chelissa
    Vannakkam: As for temples, if you can let us know your general whereabouts, there may be someone here who might offer to give you a guided tour of a Hindu temple. There are many temples in California.

We may also recommend some close by ones.

As for the dreams, I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions at all. There are subconscious dreams where things are just getting sorted out, or fantasies are being filled. There also are prophetic dreams, but they are rarer.

From your interests, it sounds like you are Hindu to me, but just haven't really discovered it yet. Lots of westerners born into no faith, raised agnostic (like me, too) do discover it, and acknowledge it as part of who they actually are.

Best wishes

Aum Namasivaya

Dear friend ,
    It doesn't have any significance as you want to believe
    Dreams of all things which you go on thinking in your wakeful state or subconcious state do not carry any meaning .They are just mind impressions .Then again , Kali or Lakshmi are mahadevathas and they just do not come in to dreams like this and give messages . After an intense sadhana with single minded devotion they could give a meaning ful advice as far as spiritual growth is concerned . Apart from that the mundane advices or insights given are just by products of the sadhana. ------ best wishes.

Yes, I think temple is best solution, Ekamji, ganeshamylord and kalicharan tuvij ji all are learned persons, and their views are right.. I wonder that Ekam ji's interpretation of first dream and my is nearly same about concrete wall as difficulty, as you say you can merely sleep from few days I think you are thinking more about your dream, its not bad but think positively is better way..
    You are so lucky that Goddess Lakshmi and kali come in your dream, you should feel very happy and should increase ur faith as goddess respond your pray, your future should be very bright as goddess is with you, just follow your mind possitively..
    my first post take 2 days for displaying, hope now this process will become fast...
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Thread Information