Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AtmaKara

AtmaKara

Respected Members

I have a query related to Atmakhaara.which chart should be used to find atmakhara?Is it bhava chart or rasi chart?

Re: AtmaKara

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Respected Members

I have a query related to Atmakhaara.which chart should be used to find atmakhara?Is it bhava chart or rasi chart?
    I have recently seen a similar question in one of the forums. By the way, which bhava chart would you recommend? Placidus (although KP does not use charakarakas as far as I know!), Equal or Sripati and would you prefer using the *cusp* as a starting point for bhava or mid-point?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Please see the 2nd post in this string:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6168

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear friend ,
    It is specifically given as the planet which has the highest number of degrees in Rasi. Is it not? rgds

Hi

Sorry,i think i misquoted my question.I have found atmakaraka.(from highest degree in rasi chart)

Which chart do we have to refer to know the effects of AtmaKhara on that person.

I recently showed my horoscope to 2 persons and each one's prediction was contrasting.One was saying the predictions as per rasi chart.Another Guy told predictions based on Bhava chart.

which one should i take?

Dear friend ,
    Any yoga for that matter , for deriving and deducing the yoga combination has to be seen from Rasi but actual manifestation of the results from bhava. rgds

Hi

Thanks.My atmakara is Budhan. Im Dhanush Lagna and as per rashi chart, it is 7th lord and placed in 8th house.Same time, in Bhava chart,For Dhanush lagna,it is placed in 9th house.

Well,i was trying to match some girl's horoscope for alliance and im getting conflicting answers from astrologers (7th lord in 8th house is not good).hence my query.

Thanks

Re: AtmaKaraka

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friend ,
    It is specifically given as the planet which has the highest number of degrees in Rasi. Is it not? rgds
    No, unfortunately, it is not stated clearly and hence "anshadhikyo" has been generally interpreted as in rashi (dare I say by the majority), which frankly makes sense to me and what I have used but some recently (?) have been stating that it is the most advanced in the house. I generally do not immediately oppose such individuals but let them follow whatever works in their hands and they choose to follow...! Keeps my blood pressure normal! ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Hi

Sorry,i think i misquoted my question.I have found atmakaraka.(from highest degree in rasi chart)

Which chart do we have to refer to know the effects of AtmaKhara on that person.

I recently showed my horoscope to 2 persons and each one's prediction was contrasting.One was saying the predictions as per rasi chart.Another Guy told predictions based on Bhava chart.

which one should i take?

That is the problem! Somewhere I recently read that one of the Hindu Gods cursed the astrologers that they will always have different views and opinions. It then becomes a somewhat delicate issue to second guess that without those astrologers also participating in such second opinions and tribunals :-) Actually I should have put a :-( smiley there or even a <SIGH!>!

All I can say that I would personally not make such significant life decisions based on one indication or factor like lord of 7th in 8th, definitively (that's the keyword!) good or bad and a deal and match-breaker!

Some may agree, others not! Must be part of that Divine curse...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friend ,

This does not apply to rāhu which can be the ātmakāraka. So let me ask our esteemed readers, rāhu can be an ātmakāraka, but why not ketu ?

And for those that wish to go deeper into the use of the ātmakāraka, the jamini sutra-s can be your support.

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information