Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meera

Meera

Namaste!
    Meera is considered one of the supreme devotees of lord krishna, I heard about stories of meera, her devotion towards lord krishna but I don't know what was happen to her, she had darshan of lord krishna? Means she get shree krishna, I wanted to know about this, what is the end of this story of devotion..?
    Please explain!
    Thank you!!!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Re: Meera

Saint Meera spent her last years on earth on a pilgrimage, from village to village in North India. Nobody knows for certain, but some records says that she stopped in Dwarka.

When Maharana Udhai Singh tried to bring her back to Mewar she refused and asked if she could spend that night in a temple of Krishna. The next morning they couldn't find her anymore anywhere.

It's believed that her bhakti made her body and soul merge with the image of Krishna in that temple, thus attaining liberation.

Question Re: Meera

Hello Ekam ji,
    wow! It looks very mysterious, okay so end is now cleared to me but still I have 2 more another questions, I heard that meera drinks poison and by her devotion it turns in nectar is it true? If yes then explain?
    I have 1 more question, but its about Radha, that why Radha doesn't marry Krishna?
    Thank you for reply!
    Pranam!!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Hello!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light View Post
    Hello Ekam ji,
    I heard that meera drinks poison and by her devotion it turns in nectar is it true? If yes then explain?
    Yes. Her legend says that her brother in law Vikramaditya tried to kill her many times, one of them with poison. He mixed poison with the prasad that was offered to Sri Krishna by Meera and when she eated it, Krishna had already transformed it in to Amrita.

Vikramaditya did that because besides having a cruel nature, he didn't liked her devotion because it frequently led her to mix with commoners and forget feminine modesty. As a ruler, Vikramaditya didn't like one of his family behaving like that.

Her sister-in-law, Uda bai, also hated her and is said to have spread defamatory gossip about Meera and also tried to starve her to death by locking her in a room without food for many days, but Sri Krishna gave food to her everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light View Post
    I have 1 more question, but its about Radha, that why Radha doesn't marry Krishna?
    This question I can't answer, I don't have much knowledge of Radha-Krishna story.

All I know is that Sri Krishna left Vrindavan and Radha very early and set to His journey of protecting Dharma, so they never got to marry.

Pranams

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light
    I believe that the answer is that Krishna and Radha are one and hence Krishna has not need to marry Him-self.

Perhaps the following link may help you to understand my answer from a gaudiya-vaishnava perspective:
    http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/...radhakrsna.htm

Pranama,
    Orlando.

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light

why Radha doesn't marry Krishna?
    In fact they are married. The wedding was conducted by Brahma (one of the three gods: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva) who played the role of a priests for this purpose.
    This is described in the Brahma vaivarta Purana, Canto Four, Chapter Fifteen:
    Sri Radha-Krsna-vivaha
    The Wedding of Sri Radha-Krsna
    Text 124 and forward
    http://brahma-vaivarta-puranam.blogs...08/part-v.html

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ekam View Post
    Hello!

Yes. Her legend says that her brother in law Vikramaditya tried to kill her many times, one of them with poison. He mixed poison with the prasad that was offered to Sri Krishna by Meera and when she eated it, Krishna had already transformed it in to Amrita.

Vikramaditya did that because besides having a cruel nature, he didn't liked her devotion because it frequently led her to mix with commoners and forget feminine modesty. As a ruler, Vikramaditya didn't like one of his family behaving like that.

Her sister-in-law, Uda bai, also hated her and is said to have spread defamatory gossip about Meera and also tried to starve her to death by locking her in a room without food for many days, but Sri Krishna gave food to her everyday.

This question I can't answer, I don't have much knowledge of Radha-Krishna story.

All I know is that Sri Krishna left Vrindavan and Radha very early and set to His journey of protecting Dharma, so they never got to marry.

Pranams
    namaste,
    thank you for your explaination about meera's legend.
    Pranams!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste Orlando ji,
    I read that article, thank you for make me familiar with gaudiya vaishnavas perspective!
    Regards

Namaste Brahma jijnasa ji,
    really? I don't know that! If it is mention in purana that Radha and Krishna got married then why most of the people say that they don't get married with each other!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    In fact they are married.
    How rude of them to not have sent me an invitation to be part of their nuptials.

Pranam.

Wink Re: Meera

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

How rude of them to not have sent me an invitation to be part of their nuptials.

Pranam.
    haha, I think here no one get invitation but maybe brahma jijnasa ji get as they know about their marrige
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Thread Information