Thread: Namaste!

Post Namaste!

Namaste! I am Priya Darshi Samraat Chakravartin Bhismadeva Maurya, true successor to Samraat Dashartha Maurya and i have brought the Maurya Samaarjya to glory and riches! I have given what not even the greatest of kings could have given, i have given my people happiness. (Please excuse my bad humor)

Anyway, i am 14 years old, i live in Australia, more specifically Melbourne, i study year 9, my favorite subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and History (Mostly classical and Ancient Indian) I come from the Total War Centre
    Hinduism was inherited and i follow the Gaudiya Vaishnavisim Sampradaya . Although i guess, i kind of do belong to ISKON, i am disciple of both A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja
    I like to play Total War Games, Age Of Empires and Mythology series. I like to play Football (Soccer) and i do plan to watch Brazil 2014. PS. Spain's gonna win!!!! In my opinion at least

I chant at minimum 1 round a day, i do plan to increase this.

But that's it from me! I hope to get to know you guys and learn more about Sanatana Dharma.

Jai Sri Radha-Shyam!
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 04 June 2014 at 04:15 AM.

Re: Namaste!

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Namaste! I am Priya Darshi Samraat Chakravartin Bhismadeva Maurya, true successor to Samraat Dashartha Maurya and i have brought the Maurya Samaarjya to glory and riches! I have given what not even the greatest of kings could have given, i have given my people happiness. (Please excuse my bad humor)
    You mean Devānaṃpiya Priyadarshī Saṃraat Bhismadeva Maurya ?
    O MY GOSH!!

Anyway, i am 14 years old, i live in Australia, more specifically Melbourne, i study year 9, my favorite subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and History (Mostly classical and Ancient Indian) I come from the Total War Centre
    Hmmm.

Hinduism was inherited and i follow the Gaudiya Vaishnavisim Sampradaya . Although i guess, i kind of do belong to ISKON, i am disciple of both A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja
    But I thought the great Maurya still used to faithfully worship Chhatti Maiya. You know 'bout Her, btw?
    Je Chhatti Maiya.

I like to play Total War Games, Age Of Empires and Mythology series. I like to play Football (Soccer) and i do plan to watch Brazil 2014. PS. Spain's gonna win!!!! In my opinion at least
    Power to Spain!

I chant at minimum 1 round a day, i do plan to increase this.

But that's it from me! I hope to get to know you guys and learn more about Sanatana Dharma.

Jai Sri Radha-Shyam!
    Remember, initially your posts may pass through moderation eyes, so it may take some time before getting visible; have patience in that case.

Warm welcome to HDF.
    Namaste.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    You mean Devānaṃpiya Priyadarshī Saṃraat Bhismadeva Maurya ?
    O MY GOSH!!
    You humble me, i shall give you 100 yojanas of land!

But I thought the great Maurya still used to faithfully worship Chhatti Maiya. You know 'bout Her, btw?
    Je Chhatti Maiya.
    Like Dharma Ashoka, i have also been brought to a new faith, Dhashartha, my farther was a great devotee of her before turning to the teachings of Siddhartha Buddha; Although, i will allow all religions to peacefully co-exist under my realm!

Power to Spain!
    Surely you mean "Vltra Gloriavm Hispania"

Remember, initially your posts may pass through moderation eyes, so it may take some time before getting visible; have patience in that case.
    Ah yes, thank you for that.

Thank you for your kind words.

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!

Namaste, what a lovely age to be involved in Dharma. I'm only 20 and I thought I started early (at sixteen).
    Anywho welcome to the forum! There are many members on here who harbour much wisdom and may your stay be fruitful. See you around the boards.

You humble me, i shall give you 100 yojanas of land!
    Don't give him so much land. That would turn him away from God. He will have share tillers and try to get more from them. With a lot of money he could get into bad habits like consuming alcohol and non-vegetarian food (in excess to what is reasonable). He will not move from his bed with so many servants around. That would effect his health. I could go on but kindly remember, happiness does not depend on money. Better ask him to have just one meal a day and chant hari-nama at least eight hours a day (which I think he might be doing otherwise also, knowing him from another forum).
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

Quote Originally Posted by aupmanyav View Post
    Don't give him so much land. That would turn him away from God. He will have share tillers and try to get more from them. With a lot of money he could get into bad habits like consuming alcohol and non-vegetarian food (in excess to what is reasonable). He will not move from his bed with so many servants around. That would effect his health. I could go on but kindly remember, happiness does not depend on money. Better ask him to have just one meal a day and chant hari-nama at least eight hours a day (which I think he might be doing otherwise also, knowing him from another forum).
    Sounds like a jealous childhood friend who starts talking about my best kept secrets just when I am about to receive curry favour from the Maurya king. Duh!

BTW, welcome here on HDF. I believe your contribution here will be valuable. After all, this is a forum for Hindus of all hues, and indeed your perspective should be good counterbalance, and sometimes a reality check, on many issues that people discuss here.

A few hot-headed, inexperienced, posters have tried to fill in that space, but failed miserably. So I am happy you are contributing here now; from your pov I think you may not have to be apologetic (or defying) about your stand and beliefs, like in RF "theistic" forum, since as a Hindu one has the right to be a materialist, an agnostic, or even an atheist - without denying religious and cultural values inherent in Hinduism. (But where will you get your "shastra-quoting" from? )
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    (But where will you get your "shastra-quoting" from? )
    The usual ones, Vedas, Upanishads, BhagawadGita, BhagawadPurana and Sri Ramcharit Manas. Everything in contained in them.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

Quote Originally Posted by aupmanyav View Post
    You bring an interesting point, i have sent my men to seize his land as well as a legion of 5000 sanyasis to bring him back!

Thank you!

just when I am about to receive curry favour from the Maurya king. Duh!
    NO MORE CURRY FOR YOU!!!!

You bring an interesting point, i have sent my men to seize his land as well as a legion of 5000 sanyasis to bring him back!
    Don't believe him. He will likely be soon outta the game, just like Spain. Hehehe (evil laugh).

NO MORE CURRY FOR YOU!!!!
    Slip of tongue, Sire!

I guess only LOR's from Yajvan & EasternMind can save me now!!
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    variable x = bhakti

Thread Information