I'm sure that your question on egg-eating has been answered, but I just want to point out one more thing.

First, we must look at what an egg really is. An egg is, an unfertilized egg of the hen. In other words, a per**d. If we are not going to eat a human per**d, then why should we eat a hens'? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I would also like to point out that all the waste of the hen comes out from the SAME HOLE, the same hole that the egg comes out of. That is completely disgusting.

Now, to this, your friend may respond that if taking things from another animal is disgusting , then why do Hindus make an exception to drinking cow's milk. The thing is, as someone pointed out, the first right goes to the calf. Only the excess milk is taken, and it certainly does not hurt the cow. Milk also has good properties when PREPARED correctly, something our modern dairy industry can't seem to do. I should also point out that the cow is one of THE ONLY animals that allows you to take milk from her. Is it possible to take the milk of a chimpanzee? A lion? How about an elephant? Heck, you can't even take the milk of another human female and feed it to your child. But you can take the excess milk of the cow and feed it to children. This shows that greatness of the cow; she is beyond any discrimination.

Vegans may say that cow milk is not necessary for bones and can actually weaken them etc. While we do not need milk, it certainly doesn't hurt us. I remember Gary Yourofsky, a prominent vegan, talk about how the countries with the most consumption of dairy/eggs/meat also have the highest rates of osteoporosis and bone problems. Of course, USA and European counties stacked the highest. Then he went to say that the countries with the least amount of bone problems were the ones having Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, etc. Gary forgot to mention that those groups with the least amount of bone problems ALL DRINK MILK and dairy. Now, there appears to be a contradiction. Some who drink milk etc do get problems, and others don't. Why? It is because most Indians drink milk directly from the cow. Meaning no antibiotics pumped into the cow, no drugs used, etc. The milk taken directly from the cow from hands is the best milk available, and this is what is prescribed in the scriptures.

Hope I could have added something. If all of this is already mentioned, please forgive me.
Regards