Thread: Greetings from Scotland!

1. Greetings from Scotland!

Hello there, I am a young man from Scotland and i have never once in my life met another person who worships Lord Krishna, or seeks the ultimate truth as the supreme goal of their lives, however the Lord has taken me on a momentous journey through childhood, atheism, paganism & the occult, Christianity, Islam, and finally introduced me to Vedanta and to Himself as Lord Krishna, and more recently Lord Siva and Lord Buddha in the most profound and deeply personal ways.
    Such precise and serendipitous circumstances arose which were themselves final proofs of long suspected truths and as i found books such as the Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam as well as The Upanisads and The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, My eyes were opened with such transcendent urgency that no, perhaps i cannot call myself Hindu on account of my not being Indian nor having ever visited there or took any 'rights or rituals' to initiate myself, and i would not necessarily call myself Vedantist or Yogi or Gaudiya Vaisnava but indeed, there is one name that is suitable in terms of defining my standpoint in relation to the journey towards Godhead and that is simply and solely: Aspirant, and Aspirant it will be until it is Brahman, until it is the knowing of Self which is beyond self-conception.. the realisation of Self.

I joined this website quite honestly because of my love of language and in particular because of my need to discuss, in lucid and respectful debates the only topics that matter with others, who also seek union with that One.

I really hope to have some thought provoking and insightful conversations with all of the good people here

Namaste! And love to you all.

Re: Greetings from Scotland!

Namaste. I am new around here myself too. It is a myth that you cannot call yourself Hindu if you are not of Indian ethnicity. I have come across this a few times now, but it is incorrect both historically and otherwise. To anyone who says that to you, you can point out that the largest Hindu temple is in Ankor Wat hundreds of miles away from India (and not built by Indians).

Anyways, welcome and hope you find peace wherever your quest leads you to.

-Kumar

Re: Greetings from Scotland!

Quote Originally Posted by Servant of Krishna View Post
    .. who also seek union with that One.
    Welcome to the forum and feel yourself at home. Ethnicity is no bar to Hinduism. Hinduism is like a diamond which shines in many colors. One color (advaita - non-duality) is that you are already one with that. You have to understand how we perceive duality. In this color, the dissolution of separateness is enlightenment. But let us not rush it. Let us proceed in short journeys because that way one does not get tired. You will see many delightful colors, including the resplendent one of Lord Krishna.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

Thread Information