Thread: Can you have a wedding around Diwali time?

Can you have a wedding around Diwali time?

I have heard that there is something in the scriptures that says that a couple cannot get married a few weeks before Diwali. I am interested to find out why this is and what is the timeframe before Diwali that is bad luck. My family have not heard of this and I would really appreciate some information.

Thank you

Re: Can you have a wedding around Diwali time?

Hi, welcome to HDF

I'm not any kind of authority, nor am I Hindu, so please take my comment just as common sense regulation run of the mill opinion ...

It seems to me that a wedding, a ritual which is special to signify the union of two into one ... well, if it is close to another major rite, which many celebrate, could be overcome by the other ... so could be sensible to have a little distance so as to not be overshadowed?

Just a thought.

Love,
    ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Thank you for your reply ZN. Do you know where anything like this is actually written? Something that says that it should be followed by Hindus?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Thank you for your reply ZN. Do you know where anything like this is actually written? Something that says that it should be followed by Hindus?

Regards

Nope, sorry.

Just my opinion based on "common sense".

Love,
    ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Thread Information