Thread: The Light of SHIVA

The Light of SHIVA

SaiRam to all ...
    I hope I am allowed to offer 3 posts one after another; reason for this is, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I will give something in a post on Shirdi Sai Baba. But to tell that story I have to give two posts which is a lead up to Shirdi Baba.

This experience was graciously given me by Sathya Sai Baba back in 1989. It was brought back to memory only when reading the story given by “Heart2Heart” on 13th May 2010….. Heart2Heart
    is a monthly internet journal which is published online; www.heart2heartsai.org

Heart2Heart did an interview with Mr Raja Reddy, Sathya Sai Baba said to Mr Reddy: “If you are a devotee of Vishnu, you will see the parama-jyoti (Supreme light) coming from My heart; if you are a devotee of Shiva, you will see it from My forehead – where the third eye or the Jnana netra (eye of wisdom) is located.” In that comment made to Mr Reddy by Baba, it makes me wonder if the light I was shown tells me that once I was a devotee of Shiva in an earlier life. Back in late 1987 I knew nothing of Sathya Sai Baba nor had I ever heard the name. My yearning for God intensified to a degree that it caused me great pain. Then in early 1988 when praying from the depths of my heart did God answer me the very next day. I will tell in my next post the experience I was given when I first met Sathya Sai Baba, and that meeting was through a painting hanging on a wall.

I have always strived hard in working towards the opening of the third eye…or, the inner-vision. This I would try to develop through constant meditation whether it be at home or within spiritual circles (séances). My whole outlook on life was always on the development of this inner-vision as well as connecting with those in spirit. I wanted to know what happens when we die…..who meets us at the time of death….where do we go…..etc etc.
    This has always been my goal ever since I can remember, right down to a very young age. But of course God has always been at the forefront of my spiritual desires, always.

After learning more about Sathya Sai Baba through the books I would read, and hearing what devotees were saying Him to be….(an Avatar ), greatly got my attention even though I didn’t know what the word Avatar meant at the time.

My attraction towards Baba increased rapidly after my first introduction with Him. Later I would find a beautiful full-length photo of Him sitting in an orange chair. This I had enlarged and framed which now hangs on the wall in my office, along with another photo which was taken in 1992. This photo is of my brother and I standing next to Swami in His interview room. The full-length photo of Swami installed in my office I did sit before one day in meditation. Something in the photo this day got my attention while my eyes were closed. On opening my eyes I saw in the position of the third eye on Swami’s forehead (in the photo) a small pin dot of white light take form. As I watched with fascination it grew larger and its brilliance intensified. This light was incredibly bright as it continued to grow in size. Then after a few seconds it stabilized. As I kept watching I saw a door open within the light, then with excitement building within me Swami stepped through it. He looked at me and smiled then turned and walked back through the doorway, closed it, and was gone. In the place on Swami’s forehead where the light began is a large capital (B)…..It’s not to noticeable at first glance until one looks closely, then its very easily seen.
    Last edited by atlast; 12 June 2014 at 02:26 AM.

Thread Information