Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Astrological indications of Sanyasi...

Astrological indications of Sanyasi...

Om Tat Sat,

Some common astro factors in D1 denoting Sanyasi way oflife.

1. All 4 Kendras are without any Graha's.

2. Saturn & Ketu Conjuction.

3. Kataga & Simha Lagnas.

4. Lagnathipathi Neecha.

5. Exulted Venus.

6. 9th Lord with stength.

7. Saturn in second house.

8. More Planets residing in Shuba graha's houses. More andmore planets in Shubha graha's house indicates an enlightened soul. Ucha,Neecha, Swashetra & Moola trikona is also equally good.

Thanks
    Krishna

Re: Astrological indications of Sanyasi...

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

It is interesting you have left out D9 (navaṃśa = 1/9th division ) and D20 (viṃśāṃśa ) .
    That said, how do you wish to have the reader use this information ? That is, can you point us to various saṁnyāsin-s that have these formations ?

One very telling indicator ( amongst others¹) is the cara ātmakāraka being combust with the natural (naiskargika) ātmakāraka , sun. Many pass this one by. And one I would put at the top-of-mind list would be tapasvī yoga¹.

iti śiva
    • ātmakāraka in debility, or nīca as it is called, in viṃśāṃśa (D20)
    • tapasvī yoga - a perfect example of this is śrī candrasekhara sarasvatī - acārya of the kāñcī mutt , born May 20, 1894; ketu & saturn aspect venus as venus also looks back ( mutual aspects) in D1; in D9 they are in trines to each other.
    Last edited by yajvan; 10 June 2014 at 08:12 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

It is interesting you have left out D9 (navaṃśa = 1/9th division ) and D20 (viṃśāṃśa ) .
    That said, how do you wish to have the reader use this information ? That is, can you point us to various saṁnyāsin-s that have these formations ?

One very telling indicator ( amongst others¹) is the cara ātmakāraka being combust with the natural (naiskargika) ātmakāraka , sun. Many pass this one by. And one I would put at the top-of-mind list would be tapasvī yoga¹.

iti śiva
    • ātmakāraka in debility, or nīca as it is called, in viṃśāṃśa (D20)
    • tapasvī yoga - a perfect example of this is śrī candrasekhara sarasvatī - acārya of the kāñcī mutt , born May 20, 1894; ketu & saturn aspect venus as venus also looks back ( mutual aspects) in D1; in D9 they are in trines to each other.

This, Yajvan ji, is rather interesting! Atmkarak neecha in V20! Self easy to suppress in order to touch the essence or Atma (soul)? I have always felt that atmkarak is not an indicator of soul (atma) but merely a portal, a conduit leading to the soul (subject to other favourable indicators). In other words, it is Chennai Express and not Chennai the city, itself!

Makes sense?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    This, Yajvan ji, is rather interesting! Atmkarak neecha in V20! Self easy to suppress in order to touch the essence or Atma (soul)?
    If one reconsiders the notion of nīca as humble, then it all fits in.
    Nīca is generally looked as ~debility~ but taken by definition as
    'low', then this humbleness is understood.

Being humble is not thinking less of yourself, but less about yourself. Your attention is not always on 'me-ness'.

What I find very interesting is the cara ātmakāraka being combust with the natural (naiskargika) ātmakāraka , the sun.
    One loses interest in the mundane, the every day life. One is set to the ~path~ of higher levels of Being, or higher levels of awareness figuratively speaking. Accomplishment of attaining this-of-that thing has less impact. Ones attention is directed to the unfoldment of one's full potential.
    For the person that wishes to gain fame and fortune this combination would not be appreciated. Yet for jijñāsu with a spiritual bent, it is rewarding and grows over time. When looked at with other yoga-s in a chart one can pick out the truly interested sādhu.

iti śiva

1. jijñāsu - inquiring into , examining , testing :desirous of knowing , inquiring into , examining , testing
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Yajvan Ji,

As I mentioned in my post the idea was to concentrate only on D1.

I just thought of sharing my leaning and observations and to get comments from fellow members to enrich myself.

Example 1 - SriChandrasekara Saraswathy Swamigal – Paramacharya.

May 20 1894 11:15 AM Villupuram Tamil Nadu India
    He was one of the noble souls who graced us in the recenttimes.

His chart satisfies all of above the conditions except #7.All his planets are placed in Subha Graha’s houses except Mars and Moon. Moonis Neecha. It implies 8 planets are well placed for him and Mars in 8this good for Scientists & SaintsJ
    Example 2 – Sri ParamahamsaYoganandha

5th of Jan 1893 20:14 Gorakhpur West Bengal India
    Sri Paramahamsa’s impact on Western Minds will ripple forcouple of more centuries for sure!

His chart satisfies the following.
    #3.
    #5 (Venus in 4thhouse gets Dig Bala)
    #6 – 9th lord in 8th house with 8thlord resulting in strong 8th house.
    #7 & #8 ( All Planets are in Shubha graha houses exceptMoon, Venus and Rahu). Again Venus hasDig Bala, Rahu is a node and Moon is placed in less malefic Sun’s house/ Lagna.

Thanks
    Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

If one reconsiders the notion of nīca as humble, then it all fits in.
    Nīca is generally looked as ~debility~ but taken by definition as
    'low', then this humbleness is understood.

Being humble is not thinking less of yourself, but less about yourself. Your attention is not always on 'me-ness'.

What I find very interesting is the cara ātmakāraka being combust with the natural (naiskargika) ātmakāraka , the sun.
    One loses interest in the mundane, the every day life. One is set to the ~path~ of higher levels of Being, or higher levels of awareness figuratively speaking. Accomplishment of attaining this-of-that thing has less impact. Ones attention is directed to the unfoldment of one's full potential.
    For the person that wishes to gain fame and fortune this combination would not be appreciated. Yet for jijñāsu with a spiritual bent, it is rewarding and grows over time. When looked at with other yoga-s in a chart one can pick out the truly interested sādhu.

iti śiva

1. jijñāsu - inquiring into , examining , testing :desirous of knowing , inquiring into , examining , testing
    I have found personally the above to be the case!

Lot of people confuse humbleness with personal-humiliation and therefore your elaboration is very appropriate, Yajvan ji! I liked the phrase, "Truly interested sadhu (sadhak)" which goes beyond sanyaasi!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

So then consider this... a person with several rāja yoga-s then has one that is a rāja-bhraṣṭa¹ yoga ( calculated from the ārūḍha lagna or AL). This mars one's status, or has one 'fall' from higher places. It has one fall from the material side of gains and the mundane world. It sets one up to consider higher values ( IMHO).
    So for the day-to-day person looking to acquiring more 'stuff' , this rāja-bhraṣṭa¹ yoga is something to run away from. Yet for many this becomes a wakeup call to something higher in life.

This is ~almost~ like viparīta¹ raja yoga ( involving the 6th, 8th and 12th houses); Unusually beneficial experiences occur after a fall (bhraṣṭa). This does not necessarly mean a wave of new mundane items ( car, boat, career advancement, winning the lottery, etc) but could include the beneficial meeting of spiritual adepts that assists one along the way.

iti śiva

words
    • ārūḍha - mounted , ascended , bestridden; risen ; raised up , elevated on high
    • bhraṣṭa - fallen , dropped , fallen off ; deprived of
    • viparīta - turned around; being the reverse of anything
    Last edited by yajvan; 12 June 2014 at 05:14 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thank you Yajvan Ji,

I'm hearing rāja-bhraṣṭa yoga for the first time and it would be good if you can explain this a bit.

Thanks
    Krishna

Yes, Yajvan ji, agreed! Or, sometimes, it can be a sudden illness or loss of loved ones (temporary or permanent (death; not really permanent!) or any of the other excuses of Vidhi! Outcome in all cases is simply: When plan A fails (as some say!), plan B kicks in and becomes operative! This is one thing that I believe is truly fated or destined and not something that can be invoked by sheer freedom of will! Although, that can help!

It can also manifest in some that can read the signs well and in a timely manner, to begin to walk away from Plan A which is beginning to show signs of decay and move into and embrace Plan B! This would be the instance where innate intelligence (and aided foresight) makes the transition which is destined, more welcome to embrace! ;-)

Sometimes the Plan B is merely a heightening of inner awareness or rather I should say, Awareness of the inner reality!

Lots of possibilities! As always!! Keeps us jyotishis on our toes, in a manner of speaking!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Thank you Yajvan Ji,

I'm hearing rāja-bhraṣṭa yoga for the first time and it would be good if you can explain this a bit. Thanks Krishna
    Best to start with the definition of this rāja-bhraṣṭa yoga . This occurs when the lord of the ārūḍha lagna resides (conjoins) with the lord of the upapada lagna (UL). This UL is the ārūḍha of the 12th house.
    So, one needs to know ( and understand) how to calculate the ārūḍha pada¹ of any sign. This is offered within this jyotish folder:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1633
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1638
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1641

iti śiva
    1. pada - a step , pace , stride ; a position , station
    ārūḍha - mounted , ascended , bestridden; risen ; raised up , elevated on high
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information