Thread: Sri Vaishnava perspective required

Sri Vaishnava perspective required

Dear Sri Vaishnava's

I have slowly and steadily turned into Shree Vaishnava...

Hindu temples are rare in the place I live and visited a temple yesterday. Predominant deity is Shree Paarvathi Maatha. The temple also has Shree Kodanda Raama , Shree Lakshmana, Shree Sita Maatha, Shree Aanjaneya installed (Pattabhisheka style).

I bowed my head in front of Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu but not in front of the predominant deity Shree Paarvathi Maatha. I was not ignoring the deity but simply adhering to Shree Vaishnava ideologies.

The same night, I saw smiling woman with pox all over her body in my dreams. People close to me are saying, woman with pox denotes an Angry Shree Maariamman (a form of Shree Paarvathi Maatha)

Is it right to prostrate in front Shree Paarvathi Mattha and continue to follow Shree Vaishnava ideologies? Or it is a test for my Mahaa Vishvaasam on Shreeman Naaraayan and Shree Sita Maata.

My well wishers say that it is my arrogance stopping from prostrating in front of Shree KaaLi Maatha. I am unable to decide. Now I am in a cross road. I am a ordinary human who do not want ignore or be disrespectful to Shree Paarvathi Maatha but at the same time won't give up my faith in Shree Vaishnava ideologies.

As soon as I woke up from the dream, remembered Shree Lakshmi Kadaksham upanyasam by U Ve Krishnan Swamigal. In my mind picturised Shree Lakshmi Maata and bowed my head.

My faith says to stick on to my believes but the induced fear in me confuses me...

I request Shree Vaishnavas to share their wisdom....
    Last edited by Anirudh; 14 June 2014 at 05:13 AM.
    Anirudh...

Re: Sri Vaishnava perspective required

exactly the reason why i left deity worship as i didnt want to become a fanatic and a foolish fanatic at that.
    Brother you dont have a problem bowing down to your mother, to your mothers mother but you have a problem bowing down to the mother of all the mothers??

प्रणाम ...

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    exactly the reason why i left deity worship as i didnt want to become a fanatic and a foolish fanatic at that.
    Brother, But real vaishnawism is not like that. You'd know true vaishnawism from Maharashtra. If you get some time, read works of various Vaishnawa Acharyas like Sant Dnyaneshvar or Sant Eknath. Maharashtrian Vaishnawism is reall beautiful and topmost. There you'll not get feeling of giving up worshiping Bhagavan.

you dont have a problem bowing down to your mother, to your mothers mother but you have a problem bowing down to the mother of all the mothers??
    Impressive Quote ! Our Vaidik Culture teaches us to bow down to all persons by saying Namaste. So why not any Deva or Devi?
    Hari On!

Namaste

Brother you dont have a problem bowing down to your mother, to your mothers mother but you have a problem bowing down to the mother of all the mothers??
    I understood your views but interested to know what Shree Vaishnavism has to offer. My spiritual journey has just now started, and hence, not learned enough to think in the lines you have asked me to.

I am not offended but kindly abstain from using harsh words like "fanaticism" and "foolishness" as it would hurt the sentiments of other devotees and may call for unhealthy discussion. I certainly don't want to trigger that kind of discussion.

My question is directed only to Shree Vaishnavas, and if it has hurt your religious sentiments, let me assure you that I did not attemp to hurt anyone ideologies with my question.

Thanks for sharing your views...
    Anirudh...

Namaste aniruddhji
    I was talking about myself. The word you used is vaishnavism. Vishnu means all pervading. So vaishnavism by definition means worshipping the all pervading god. If you limit god you are not a vaishnavite. I went through the guilt and suffering that you are going through and im sorry but I really became a fanatic after getting brainwashed into a superficial religion of sorts. I was told om is not for beginners and even the word rama is three times lower than the word krishna. And things like that. And Sri vaishnavism has a famous Saint called annamayya. He wrote the famous "brahmam okkate". Meaning brahman is one. Lord vishnu appeared in the form of Lord shiva and gave him darshan to break his ignorance.

Kali Maa is my highest Lord
    Vishnu is my highest Lord
    Shiva is my highest Lord
    Ganesh is my highest Lord
    Krsna is my highest Lord

acctually who is my Lord ? My Lord is my Lord .

Some people call me ignorance, fool, materialistic, dont have principle or anythings

it is normal,

i want to respect Kali Maa and i can feel the sweetnes of devotion together with Kali Maa's Bhakta

i want to respect Krsna and i can feel the sweetnes of devotion together with Krsna's Bhakta

i want to respect Ganesh and i can feel the sweetnes of devotion together with Ganesh's Bhakta

if other people cant fee what i feel
    can feel the sweetnes and the nectar
    because they dont want
    and i also respect their will to not feel this amrta

if they dont understand this
    its no problem

because i feel grateful

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Namaste

Here in the Vaishnava forum man clearly asked the question and even said clearly to whom the question was asked. I do not understand why some members feel compelled to comment on something that is completely opposite to the Vaishnava culture and even has nothing to do with the question asked by the originator of this thread.

regards

Namaste Ji,

Devi Uma Parvati is a Vedic goddess.Sri Vaishnavam is a later movement.

If the wise rishis of the Vedas felt that only Sri Narayana deserved to be worshiped, then all the mantras of the Vedas would have been about Him.But it is not so,many other Devatas are praised in the Vedas.Think!

He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste Anirudh ji,

Today upon browsing the Vaishnava forum, I came across this message of yours.

Firstly, SriVaishnavam does not say one should not worship other deities. These are the primary assumptions, as set forth by Sri Vaishanavam:

1. Sriman Narayana is the mukti giver. All other gods are embodied by Sriman Narayana. So this means worshiping Sriman Narayana is at the same time giving respect to all devatas and it also makes worship of other devatas as unnecessary since mukti can be granted ultimately by Sriman Narayana alone.

2. Other devatas can be worshiped by devotees for fulfilment of wishes. But according to SriVaishnavam, Sriman Narayana knows what we need and hence worshiping him or other devatas for phalas is deemed inappropriate. A SriVaishnava does not even do pujas such as 'Satyanarayana Puja', etc, for getting wishes fulfilled, even though it is deity Narayana here who is worshiped.

Therefore, if you notice closely, you might know that nowhere it is mentioned in SriVaishnavam that other devatas should not be worshiped. It just becomes unnecessary and takes away one from one-pointed devotion! SriVaishnavam is very similar to the concepts used in 'Lingayat' form of Shaivism in that aspect.

Now coming to worship Ma Parvathi, there is no harm in doing a namaskara to her in her temple. Afterall, she is Univeral mother, akin to Ma Mahalakshmi! A SriVaishnava just does not worship Ma parvathi for wishes fulfilled, that's all!

I request corrections from the learned for any imperfect understanding, and all errors in the above is mine.

Thanks and regards.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information