Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Did Krishna give up his body?

Re: Did Krishna give up his body?

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Pranams,

I am not disagreeing with you, I just translated the verses w.r.t to bhashya.

The authorship on Sv. Up. is disputed by advaita scholars. Kanchi Paramacharya als osays taht Adi Sankara wrote commentaries on 10 upanishads. Many attached ot shringeri holds to view. However, the commentary is not discarded on this basis. Someone quoted that Sureshwaracharya has only quoted the name of 10 upanishads commented by Adi Sankara. Some say he mentioned hte name of Narsimh Tapaniya up.

Either ways, the commentary is of advaitic nature and is done by his successor who was head of a peetha and hence it is considered as authentic.

Hari OM
    PranAm, Amrut..

However I am very sure that this is commented by Adi Shankar only. I am not seeing anything wrong in his commentary. So what's the question of doubting its authenticity related to him?

Jeeva is said as part through subtle body of mind and intellect. Check, The verse 5.8 is mentioning subtle body of Jiva, which is mentioned in the verse as Mind and Intellect.
    In the next verse, to show its sharp subtleness it is imagined as part of hair. However the verse at end says that this jiva itself becomes Infinite.

So I think this wouldn't be the reason to dispute over his authorship.

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    PranAm, Amrut..

However I am very sure that this is commented by Adi Shankar only. I am not seeing anything wrong in his commentary. So what's the question of doubting its authenticity related to him?

Jeeva is said as part through subtle body of mind and intellect. Check, The verse 5.8 is mentioning subtle body of Jiva, which is mentioned in the verse as Mind and Intellect.
    In the next verse, to show its sharp subtleness it is imagined as part of hair. However the verse at end says that this jiva itself becomes Infinite.

So what's the reason to dispute his authorship?
    Namaste,

Just because it is advaita, it does not mean it is authored by Adi Sankara. As I have said, it is not discarded by advaitins.

I am not disagreeing with you, but each verse is not of advaitic nature, we will hav to take few verses in series to get final meaning.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste HLK

I have a question for you.
    In another thread you gave a translation of the verse Bhagavatam 10.14.14 as follows:

"You are Narayana. You are Atma of all jivas, you are ruler and onlooker of entire worlds. As water which is formed from nara is your Ayan [ Home ] , you are called as Anga [ Body or Part ] of Narayana. But this is not true. [You are amsha is] only because of Maya."

Where did you get this translation from, is it from some book?
    What is the Gita Press translation of this verse?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste HLK

I have a question for you.
    In another thread you gave a translation of the verse Bhagavatam 10.14.14 as follows:

"You are Narayana. You are Atma of all jivas, you are ruler and onlooker of entire worlds. As water which is formed from nara is your Ayan [ Home ] , you are called as Anga [ Body or Part ] of Narayana. But this is not true. [You are amsha is] only because of Maya."

Where did you get this translation from, is it from some book?
    What is the Gita Press translation of this verse?

regards
    PranAm, neither vedabase's nor mine translation of 10.14.14 is correct.

The Sanskrit words 'नारायणो अंग नरभूजलशयनात्वात्' So translating Anga as part is a blind way. First thing, primary meaning of Anga is not part and secondly, considering the entire meaning of verse, another meaning of Anga word is used here. It's 'base of word'. Because those words 'NarabhujalanAt' are unveiling the meaning 'Narayana' word.

So the translation is 'नरभूजलशयनात्वात' - As water which is formed from nara is your home. 'नारायणो अंग' - Base of Narayana word'

So the translation, the base meaning of Narayana word is as you rest on water which is formed from nara.

Now entire verse,
    नारायणस्त्वं न हि सर्वदेहिनां
    आत्मास्यधीशाखिललोकसाक्षी ।
    नारायणोऽङ्*गं नरभूजलायनात्
    तच्चापि सत्यं न तवैव माया

" You are Narayana, who's Atma of all jivas, lord of the world and sakshi. The base of Narayana is from as your home is the water which is formed from nara. But this itself is not true. It's your Maya.

Thus it means Narayana/Krishna is not true nature of Krishna. He's formless Nirguna atma of all. He's one and alone, no any jiva exists apart from him. His Narayana form is through Maya. So it's not real at all. Yet Krushna/NarayanA form is divine and of the nature of Sat-Chit-Ananda.

Thanks for mentioning that verse so that I could correct my translation.
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 20 July 2014 at 02:26 AM.

Namaste HLK

Thank you for reply. I thought that this translation is from some book.

regards

Thread Information