Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Vishnu or Krishna?

Re: Vishnu or Krishna?

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    ... we are stating He is Vishnu Tattva but immediately following that statement, you are listing differences. ...

We call this as His Vishesha - its a topic not for kanistha adhikarins and i believe you either already know or will know very soon the play of the lalla, The One!
    Well then, let kanistha adhikaris first learn the philosophy of how He is the one only, but appears in many forms that are different.
    As it's said eko 'pi san bahudhā yo 'vabhāti: "Krishna is one, but He is manifested in unlimited forms and expanded incarnations." (Gopala-tapani Upanishad)

-----------
    - kanistha adhikari - one who is at the initial stage of understanding of the spiritual knowledge
    - Gopala-tapani Upanishad quote see at BBT, vedabase, Bhagavad-gita As It Is 11.54, purport

regards

Hey, what are you all debating for? It should not happen that this thread is too engrossed in this discussion and forgets to notice....

KAnho GokuL Ayo hai!!
    (Baby KRshNa has arrived (is arriving) in GokuL [soon].

Let us go take a look instead.

braj me rAsa rachAyo hai!!

HAthi ghodA pAlkhi jay kanhaiyA lAl kI
    koTi bramhAnda ke adhipati LAl kI
    gayyA charAne aye jai ho braja-gopAl kI

( Victory to the little KRshNa Who presides over a zillion universes and takes cows out to graze in the pastures In the joy of whose coming to town His father give away elephants, horses and palanquins)
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 12 August 2014 at 01:32 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Pranams,

If I understand it right in theory, as full realization would be very difficult, maybe that's part of the enjoyment of transcendence to never really come to a conclusion on matters that are acintya, inconceivable. We may want to reflect on some of the qualities of what Gaudiya Vaishnavism describes as the Godhead, Omnipresence, Omnipotent and Omniscience, when we include these qualities in our internal browsing to understand the nature of Godhead things can be a little more clear and we can then approach a small level of understanding acintya shakti.

There is no reason for the form of Narasingha to enter the past times of Gokula, because He is already there in the form of Syamasundara . If we think that these forms of Vishnu are not conscious of each other simultaneously at all times then we are limiting the Godhead to relative laws of human conditioning. Mind and intelligence cannot understand Godhead, consciousness can. Godhead does not lose consciousness of his other expansions, its all his lila and each lila has purpose and function.

More times than not we lose our ability to understand the approach of transcendence because we do not use our ability to think and reflect, we recite and repeat, but hidden inside this process is the ability of consciousness that includes mystic wonder, introspect.

I hope I added something of value.

Ys

Md
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 12 August 2014 at 07:45 AM.

dear brahma jijnasa

Please don't take that remark offensive and my apologies if it sounded rude. If you search in this forum for posts by Smaranam Prabhu, you will get a glimpse of this beauty of Krshna and His leelamrta!

Hare Krshna!

Namaste,

I am getting what you are saying... Vaishnavas do not believe Lord can be understood by our own efforts or merits and however great it may be....He can be understandable only by His grace! ( DharmaBhuta Janana is also His gift - This is the real Janana for every jiva)

Hare Krshna!

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    There is no reason for the form of Narasingha to enter the past times of Gokula, because He is already there in the form of Syamasundara .
    Exactly.
    Why would Lord Nrisimha played the flute and dancing with the gopis when He does so there in Gokula in the form of Lord Krishna? For Lord Nrisimha is that same Supreme Lord - Krishna!
    For this reason the scriptures such as Gopala-tapani Upanishad say that He is one, but He is manifested in many forms: eko 'pi san bahudhā yo 'vabhāti.

regards

Pranams grames,

Namaste,

I am getting what you are saying... Vaishnavas do not believe Lord can be understood by our own efforts or merits and however great it may be....He can be understandable only by His grace! ( DharmaBhuta Janana is also His gift - This is the real Janana for every jiva)

Hare Krshna!
    Exactly , for my own study I often like to keep the word acintya at the back of mind, it keeps it more interesting. We have a lot to look forward once taken seriously, such a huge subject with defies our limited intelligence which forces us to go deeper into conscious understanding.

Ys
    Md

Thread Information