Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vishnu or Krishna?

Re: Vishnu or Krishna?

Namaste Markandeya,

Be humble to all living beings no matter they're your friends or enemies. Vaishnawa should not critisize anyone. This is what Chaitanya Mahaprabhu has tought us.

Thank You...

Hari Bol!

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Okay, I quit here. I forgot that this is Hare Krishna forum. Yes, Vishnu is Avatara of Krishna. Now this doesn't give any error in Hare Krishna forum.

Thanks to those who've read my comments.
    Thank you very much for your input, it has helped a lot.

This is why we cant take over the world :P There is so much disagreement and misunderstandings.
    Why cant we accept Krsna and Vishnu are one, i had always thought they were the same but the paths different,
    Please correct me if i am wrong, but is it that the path to Vishnu is through worship and the path to Krsna is through love and emotion?. Krsna is supreme personality of god? And Vishnu is supreme form of God?
    If Vishnu and Krishna are the same then being an Avatara makes one no more or less superior.

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekam View Post
    Why can't be Vishnu and Krishna each other's avatara simultaneously at the same time?

This would satisfy both opinions cited in the Shastras.
    That's precisely what I explained in the link that I gave at the end of my post.
    This was the explanation of Gaudiya vaishnava acaryas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekam View Post
    Are we talking about an Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent God or about cake or pizza that can be divided unto parts?
    What do you mean by that?

regards

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Namaste
    So are you supposing that the gaudiya gosvamis of kaliyuga know much more than veda vyasa and the gaudiya acharyas of kaliyuga which is full of faults now became the final authorities on sanatana dharma? And their books hold more weight than vedas and upanishads??
    It is not about faults and weight, it is about interpretation of the scriptures.

regards

Namaste
    Dualistic worship is condemned in Shruti and Smruti.

"That is my Atma. In this way one should worship God" ( B. U. 2.5.19)

" Those who worship God thinking I'm another, he's another, doesn't know. He's like an animal " ( B.U. 1.4.10 )

" All insults those who see the self different from everything " (B.U. 2.4.6)

" Samata (Oneness) alone is the true worship of Vishnu" ( Vishnu Purana 1.17.90)

" This world is the manifestation of SarvaBhuta Vishnu. So Dnyani should see this world or Vishnu indifferent from the self" ( Vishnu Purana 1.17.84 )

These verses speak more than words...

This is your idea and your like minded people of what these statements say. But Vaishnavas understand these statements differently.
    This is a vaishnava forum, don't forget that.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste

It is not about faults and weight, it is about interpretation of the scriptures.

regards

Namaste

It amuses me when people who dont even know the shape of earth go and start to write "scriptures" describing the structure of the universe and then demand that we have to believe it "as it is"
    Last edited by ganeshamylord; 07 July 2014 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Namaste

It amuses me when people who dont even know the shape of earth go and start to write "scriptures" describing the structure of the universe and then demand that we have to believe it "as it is"
    Hari Bol!

What? How does he not know the shape of the earth? Where did you get that from!?
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Pranam king Samraat

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Why cant we accept Krsna and Vishnu are one
    I've looked into every Purana. All Puranas mentioned Krishna as Avatara of Vishnu/Narayana. Avatara doesn't mean someone is lower but it is called as descending of Bhagavan to establish Dharma. In case of Krishna Avatara, Vishnu was descended in the form of human with two arms. But this doesn't imply that krishna is lower than vishnu.

Please correct me if i am wrong, but is it that the path to Vishnu is through worship and the path to Krsna is through love and emotion?.
    Not at all ! Krishna is Vishnu and Vishnu is Krishna. Worshipers and devotees worships and devotees to both forms. However if Krishna is just an transformation of Vishnu in two hands, why would you ask this?

Krsna is supreme personality of god? And Vishnu is supreme form of God?
    Personality of God is refuted by Bhagavan himself in BG, by saying "Unintelligents consider me a person" " BG 8.21- Unmanifested (impersonal) is my supreme abode" BG 7.24 - "Unintelligents consider me who is unmanifested, as having a tainted form (personal).

If Vishnu and Krishna are the same then being an Avatara makes one no more or less superior.
    The fact is that Krishna is amsha avatara of Vishnu. Amsha doesn't mean something is lower. Would you consider part of Infinite?
    Hari On!

Namaste
    As I see, Adi Shankara's vaishnawism is the oldest and pure traditional vaishnawism, much older than Madhavacharya's vaishnawism. It is free from any adulteration.
    There is one funny thing about that what you call "Adi Shankara's vaishnawism is the oldest and pure traditional vaishnawism" and "It is free from any adulteration".
    This Adi Shankara's vaishnavism and his philosophy is rejected by all vaishnava acaryas and vaishnava traditions.
    Do not forget to mention that because we are now here in the vaishnava forum "Hare Krishna (ISKCON)".
    So much about "It is free from any adulteration".

He composed Bhaja Govindam to shower mercy on advaita-vaishnawas not for those who see vishnu different from the self.
    Not one Vaishnava see Lord Vishnu different from His Self because every Vaishnava knows that Lord Vishnu, the Person, who is the Supreme God is the Self!
    It is only your own idea and your like minded people's idea that vaishnavas think that Lord Vishnu is different from the Self.

regards

[quote=brahma jijnasa;117633]Namaste

There is one funny thing about that what you call "Adi Shankara's vaishnawism is the oldest and pure traditional vaishnawism" and "It is free from any adulteration".
    This Adi Shankara's vaishnavism and his philosophy is rejected by all vaishnava acaryas and vaishnava traditions.
    Do not forget to mention that because we are now here in the vaishnava forum "Hare Krishna (ISKCON)".
    So much about "It is free from any adulteration".
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______
    Namaste

You do know that the bhakti tradition came much later in Sanatana Dharma right? I know we are in hare krishna forum but that doesnt mean we can twist the facts to suit our convenience
    Adi shankara was the one who revived Sanatana Dharma from the hands of buddhists and bhakti traditions emerged much much later.

Thread Information