Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nama co

1. what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nama co

Namaste and hello
    what change i will have in my life by continuous nama japa?
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 July 2014 at 02:44 PM.

Re: what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nam

Namaste and welcome to HDF
    Quote Originally Posted by bahni007@rediffmail.com View Post
    It is said that the repetition of the Lord's holy names (nama japa) is the recommended process for self-realization in this age of Kali. So by this process you will easily get to the level of self-realization which is the ultimate goal of spiritual life.
    Recently I talked about it here starting from the post #63 and forward:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...103#post117103

regards

Re: what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nam

Pranams bahni007@rediffmail.com,

So many things will change, and all for good. It is important to get all the results from chanting to follow the sadhana that comes with the practice of Bhakti Japa. I have been chanting for 25 years, chanting alone is good but chanting with others is also good. Sri Chaitanya Maha Prabhu says that congregational chanting is the yuga dharma, so Japa by itself is not enough. Most of us in the age of Kali do not have the correct levels of concentration to do solo japa.

This is a very nice song by Srila Bhativinoda Thakur

Arunodaya-kirtana - Kirtana songs to be sung at dawn (from Gltavali)

udilo aruna puraba-bhage,
    dwija-mani gora amani jage,
    bhakata-samuha loiya sathe,
    gela nagara-braje

'tathai tathai' bajalo khol,
    ghana ghana tahe jhajera rol,
    preme dhala dhala sonara anga,
    carane nupura baje

mukunda madhava yadava hari,
    bolena bolo re vadana bhori',
    miche nida-base gelo re rati,
    divasa sarira-saje

emana durlabha manava-deho,
    paiya Ki koro bhava na keho,
    ebe na bhajile yasoda-suta,
    carame poribe laje

udita tapana hoile asta,
    dina gelo boli' hoibe byasta,
    tabe keno ebe alasa hoy,
    na bhaja hrdoya-raje

jivana anitya janaha sar,
    tahe nana-vidha vipada-bhar,
    namasraya kori'jatane tumi,
    thakaha apana kaje

jivera kalyana-sadhana-kam,
    jagate asi' e madhura nam,
    avidya-timira-tapana-rupe,
    hrd-gagane biraje

krsna-nama-sudha koriya pan,
    jurao bhakativinoda-pran,
    nama bina kichu nahiko aro,
    caudda-bhuvana-majhe

1) When the rising sun appeared in the East, the jewel of the twice-born, Lord Gaurasundara, awakened, and, taking His devotees with Him, He went all over the countryside towns and villages

2) and played the mrdanga, and the cymbals chimed in time. Lord Gauranga's shimmering golden features danced, and His foot bells jingled.

3) All the devotees chanted the names Mukunda, Madhava, Yadava and Hari, their mouths being filled with the vibrations. They would announce to the still sleeping people, "You spend your nights uselessly sleeping and your days decorating your bodies!

4) You have achieved such a rare human body, but you do not care for this gift. You remain not serving the darling of Yasoda and slowly Fe]l through your last moments to death.

5) With every rising and setting of the sun, a day passes and is lost. Then, why do you remain idle and not serve the Lord of the heart?

6) This temporary life is full of various miseries. Take shelter of the holy name as your only business.

7) To penetrate the darkness of ignorance and bless everyone's heart, the holy name has risen like the shining sun.

8) Drink the pure nectar of the holy name. There is nothing but the name to be had in the fourteen worlds. It has filled the soul of Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

Ys Md

Hare Krsna!

That is a really nice song with a nice meaning, thanks for sharing it with us

From chanting arise so many benefits, some of them are quite subtle and others you'll start noticing almost immediately, some of the many include:

- Awakens the love of God.
    - When chanting Hare Krsna maha mantra, you start to detach yourself from the materialistic world and automatically gain the desire to obtain Spiritual Knowledge
    - Chanting the Maha Mantra will liberate you from the endless cycle of brith and death
    - Mahamantra is the most effective and maybe even the only way for most of us to self realize. the Mahamantra is just Krsna himself in the form of transcendental vibrations and the more you chant the more you will realize this driving you closer to god.
    - The Mahamantra is said to be the most powerful mantra. sahasra-namnam punyanam trir-avrttya tu yat phalam ekavrttya tu krsnasya, namaikam tat prayacchati; "The punya achieved by chanting the thousand holy names of Vishnu sahasra nama stotram three times can be attained by only one utterance of the holy name of Krishna.
    - You will feel better about yourself, when i am sometimes down, if i chant, i will feel a lot better and this is not Placebo.
    - Young or old, anyone can chant, there are no restrictions, from any race, creed or status, chanting equally effects us all.

Hope i helped.

Ill lead you to a website: http://www.govindas.com.au/page/mant...questions.html

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!

Hari Bol!
    All glories to Guru and Gauranga!

ill give you an analogy.

Water, the soul in it's uncorrupted and undisturbed state is like water, when water is put into a cold Arctic environment it becomes ice, this is an un-natural state, from something so beautiful which we can swim in, drink from and sustain from it becomes this un-natural block of ice covering the potential ability to become water, similarly when a soul is put into this world of maya it becomes un-natural, our body covers the potential ability to become our realized soul. When one chants the mahamantra, it is like putting this block of Ice from an Arctic environment to a temperate environment, even if the quality of chanting the mahamantra is poor* one will still experience change, the ice will slowly, ever so slowly melt and if one chants with all his heart approaching Krishna in a very humble mood with ahamkara (False Ego) removed it is like taking the ice block into the desert and blowing a flame thrower over it, very quickly one will become self realized and become one with god!

I say this with all humility i posses, Personally, chanting has made me more humble, caring and less egotistical, so if i can do it, then all of you guys can!

*I say low quality and high quality to represent the standard of Chanting, low meaning when chanting, your mind doesn't focus on the mahamantra, with your mind going in all directions and high quality meaning the controlling of ahankara and focusing on Krsna as the transcendental incarnation in the form of sound.

Hope i helped

Jai Sri Radhe Syam!
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 23 July 2014 at 12:33 AM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Hari Bol!
    All glories to Guru and Gauranga!

ill give you an analogy.

Water, the soul in it's uncorrupted and undisturbed state is like water, when water is put into a cold Arctic environment it becomes ice, this is an un-natural state, from something so beautiful which we can swim in, drink from and sustain from it becomes this un-natural block of ice covering the potential ability to become water, similarly when a soul is put into this world of maya it becomes un-natural, our body covers the potential ability to become our realized soul. When one chants the mahamantra, it is like putting this block of Ice from an Arctic environment to a temperate environment, even if the quality of chanting the mahamantra is poor* one will still experience change, the ice will slowly, ever so slowly melt and if one chants with all his heart approaching Krishna in a very humble mood with ahamkara (False Ego) removed it is like taking the ice block into the desert and blowing a flame thrower over it, very quickly one will become self realized and become one with god!

I say this with all humility i posses, Personally, chanting has made me more humble, caring and less egotistical, so if i can do it, then all of you guys can!

Hope i helped

Jai Sri Radhe Syam!
    Namaste
    Are you saying this out of personal experience or just because you read it in a book? What do you mean by "quality"
    How do you define humilty?
    Besides humility and caring and all Has the mahamantra helped you get good scores in your board exams? How are you faring there?

Hari Bol!

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Namaste
    Are you saying this out of personal experience or just because you read it in a book? What do you mean by "quality"
    How do you define humilty?
    Besides humility and caring and all Has the mahamantra helped you get good scores in your board exams? How are you faring there?
    I say this through personal experience and I have not plagiarised, you can tell by the low quality detail... I may not have explained it properly, however, i had learnt a good deal from several Sadhus and fellow Vaishnavas.

I say low quality and high quality to represent the standard of Chanting, low meaning when chanting, your mind doesn't focus on the mahamantra, with your mind going in all directions and high quality meaning the controlling of ahankara and focusing on Krsna as the transcendental incarnation in the form of sound.

By web definition, Humility is the quality of having a modest or low view of one's importance, i do not consider myself as humble as a blade of grass, i am still full of ego, ahankar and what not, however, through chanting, i have become a little more humble, calm in mood in turn making me more caring.

I'm doing quite good in my exams actually and i didn't pray to Krsna for better scores, i don't know what you want to imply here.

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 10 July 2014 at 09:34 PM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Hari Bol!

I'm doing quite good in my exams actually and i didn't pray to Krsna for better scores, i don't know what you want to imply here.

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Yatra yogeshwara krishna tatra shri vijayo butir dhruva neetir

Where there is the real krishna there is victory and morality.
    So you dont have to pray separately for a good score. If you pray in the right way to krishna you will succeed and get good scores.If you dont it means your method of worshipping Him is a pretense,

i see a lot of people singing dancing, but measure their IQ, its that of a peanut. So what am saying is at this point in your life you should grade your spirituality by your success in exams. A devotee of God succeeds in material life first, if he doesnt it means either he is not a devotee or his worship-able deity is not god. It doesnt matter whether he asks for it or not.
    And im telling you this because you are at an impressionable age. I dont want you to spoil your life. I have seen a lot of guys living in temples living an easy life washing floors and vessels etc where the brain isnot necessary and end up calling karma yogis as hard working donkeys etc, yet unabashedly eat the food of the same donkeys. So if you listen to such people you will end up losing your morality,brain cells etc. Its one thing they are simpletons but they try hard to convert normal intelligent students into simpletons and try to brainwash them. So be careful. Just focus on the holy names and listen to no one else
    Last edited by ganeshamylord; 17 July 2014 at 12:06 PM.

Hari Bol!

Hmm, thank you for sharing that, if so, then how can it be that some atheists get better tests than me, even those who reject god? Am i really that sinful, do they just study more or are they closer to Krishna than me!?!?!

Psst: If i get 88% as an average for my exams, am doing pretty good spiritually?

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!

Hari Bol!

Hmm, thank you for sharing that, if so, then how can it be that some atheists get better tests than me, even those who reject god? Am i really that sinful, do they just study more or are they closer to Krishna than me!?!?!

Psst: If i get 88% as an average for my exams, am doing pretty good spiritually?

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Thats because they might be atheists but they might be following the Bhagvad Gita consciously or subconsciously unlike those theists who might accept Krishna superficially but fail to follow His core teachings of Gita and limit themselves to His form and end up accusing others and doing all sorts of things which are not present in the Gita
    P.S1 Nobody becomes a police officer by wearing a khaki uniform and nobody becomes a krishna devotee just by singing songs and dancing
    P.S2 88percent is not a good score unless you want to become a clerk and join a temple for free food
    P.S3 Also i dont know if Krishna asked ARjuna to sing songs and dance and eat free food instead of using the bow and arrow:P

Thread Information