Thread: How can Vishnu appear to be deluded

Threaded View

Re: How can Vishnu become deluded

Quote Originally Posted by lalit1000 View Post
    I'm a novice with scriptures.My question is in which Vedapatshala you have learnt the scriptures and under which Guru?And how many years u've spent in learning and understanding the scriptures in that school?
    Pranam Lalita,

So who thinks Jiva is Brahman, he has not attained Veda school. He didn't learn the scriptures. He didn't have a guru. He didn't learn the scriptures for many years.

I believe that who's Master of all shastras and yet he didn't realise that 'I'm Brahman' All his efforts are just useless and equivalent to not learning anything. Like Bhagavan Krishna says in Uttara Gita,

Those that constantly chant the four Vedas and read other religious works and yet fail to realize “I am that Brahman”, they are like the spoons that are used for every cooking operation, but yet remain without a single taste of the foods they prepare. (37)

As an hungry person imply wastes his energy in vain when he strikes the air with blows for food, so also a reader of the Vedas and others Sastras simply wastes his time and energy, if, not withstanding his study, he fails to realize that “I am Brahman”. (47)

This Brahman is not attainable through Veda or Puranas ie just by learing it brahman is not attained, but by contemplating on nature of self , brahman is attained. Those who think the self different from Brahman are just wasting their time in reading shastras.

Edited: This self is not attained by any external means. The self is attained through self only.
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 08 July 2014 at 01:40 AM.

Thread Information