Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural products you use

Natural products you use

Namaste,

I am slowly plunging more and more into a natural lifestyle as my skin and body can not handle processed foods and harsh chemicals like others seem to do. I thought it would be interesting if we could share any natural products you guys use, that could be, deoderants, creams, ayurvedic medicines to keep your health up to nick, or anything of that sort. I'd be really interested and will add it to my list of things to purchase.

Re: Natural products you use

Namaste Icy,

A simple Ayurvedic practice for skincare is applying coconut oil. I used standard chemical-filled lotions for years, before switching over to "baby oil", which is mineral oil with added "fragrance" (more chemicals). Since I started using coconut oil my skin feels noticeably softer and healthier, and I don't even need to apply it everyday.

Sesame oil is also used in Ayurveda, but I believe that is used more for skin massages (such as abhyanga) than as a regular skin moisturizer.

Both oils can also be used for cooking. Toasted sesame oil is great in stir fries.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

I use Moroccan Argan Oil almost every single day in my hair. I am talking about the actual, pure oil, not some shampoo. But it can be a bit pricey ($), but I love it. I have a real healthy set of hair and I am 58 now but my hair is fantastic. I use little shampoo, instead i just apply this argan oil directly in my hair and comb. i do shampoo, but very lightly, then I oil my hair, or sometimes only oil alone. I love the smell of this oil as well.

I use pure goat milk soap also. I drink goat milk too. I eat pure goat cheese.

TRY ARGAN OIL you can order it on eBay.

... but - I am not a "health food freak" no. I have very bad habits, and I drink tea.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste Shivaji & RamaKrishnaji,

thankyou kindly for the advice.
    I have recently quit shampoo and I just wash my hair with water. My parents seem to be freaking out, even the Swami Ramdev shampoo has SO many chemicals? I even saw his toothpase his flouride....

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    Namaste Shivaji & RamaKrishnaji,

thankyou kindly for the advice.
    I have recently quit shampoo and I just wash my hair with water.
    Namaste Ji,

Why?
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Vannakkam: Baking soda and a vinegar rinse work fine too, for hair. Vinegar is a pretty decent herbicide too.

My favorite natural ingredient is water. Sadly it's been replaced with carbonated soda, sugar, caffeine stuff, alcohol stuff, etc. What's wrong with plain ol' water?

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    What's wrong with plain ol' water?
    With your Kale salad, you can only have bottled natural spring water.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

With your Kale salad, you can only have bottled natural spring water.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam B

Truth be told, I drink tap water. Here in Canada it's still safe. Various studies have been done, and as a consequence, I basically believe that bottled water, at least here in Canada, is a capitalist hoax. But please don't get me going on capitalist hoaxes...

Fine, if you insist... greenhouses here sell beautiful plants that are not hardy to this climate zone. Gullible Consumer will go to Home Depot or some such place, and fork over 80 bucks for some plant meant for California. After a year it dies. There is no guarantee, and GC is upset. Then next spring he's forgotten, and he repeats the same performance, hoping this year will be better.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om!

Am not a paid endorser for the products, have only used a few of the skincare items which except for the face cream have no preservatives. All of the ingredients for the products are listed on the site so one can pick and chose according to ones tastes and needs. For all it's worth, bindi.com products have been beneficial for my skin type and friends that have used it seems to like them too.

Om

Dear friend ,
    Tomato is the best cleaning agent . Rub a piece of ripe tomato on the face and see the effect . Same way when chikgram powder is used in stead of soaps it helps in retaining the natural oils of the skin and hair one can use soapnuts powder which is the best cleanser along with gram powder . To get good sleep you can daily take Ashwagandha homeopathic medicine in water or milk . For any minor cuts one can use alovera gel . For simple burns you can use Cantharis mother tincture in a teaspoon of water . All these things make you to save money as well allow you to keep the skin fresh and young . I know this is not the forum to discuss beauty treatments but I hope no body would take me to the task for over ruling that condition.

Thread Information