Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anu geeta- The proof of Narayana supervising Krishna?

Anu geeta- The proof of Narayana supervising Krishna?

Namaste
    Can any vaishnava followers explain to me the significance of Anu gita which occurs in the Ashwamedha parva of Mahabharata?
    I see some traditions particularly the gaudiya traditions calling Krishna as the origin of Vishnu and they always quote the Bhagavad Gita as a reference to support their claim. Also in chaitanya charitamrita it is said that Mahavishnu incarnates as Advaita acharya to serve the feet of Krishna in the form of Sri Chaitanya. Can non gaudiya vaishnavas especially sri vaishnavas throw some light on this perspective?

However if we read Anugita we would understand that the Brahman whom Krishna referred to in the Bhagavad Gita is Narayana or Bhagavan. And that is the reason why it is called Bhagavad Gita and not Krishna Gita.

Arjuna, the son of Pandu, having surveyed with delight that lovely palace, in the company of Krishna, spoke these words: ‘O you of mighty arms! O you whose mother is Devaki! when the battle was about to commence, I became aware of your greatness, and that divine form of yours. But that, O Kesava! which through affection (for me) you explained before, has all disappeared, O tiger-like man! from my degenerate mind. Again and again, however, I feel a curiosity about those topics. But (now), O Madhava! you will be going at no distant date to Dvaraka

Krishna, possessed of great glory, replied in these words after embracing Arjuna.
    Vasudeva said:
    From me, O son of Pritha! you heard a mystery, and learnt about the eternal (principle), about piety in (its true) form, and about all the everlasting worlds. It is excessively disagreeable to me, that you should not have grasped it through want of intelligence. And the recollection (of it) now again is not possible (to me). Really, O son of Pandu! you are devoid of faith and of a bad intellect. And, O Dhananjaya! it is not possible for me to repeat in full (what I said before). For that doctrine was perfectly adequate for understanding the seat, of the Brahman. It is not possible for me to state it again in full in that way. For then accompanied by my mystic power, I declared to you the Supreme Brahman.

Please study carefully the last sentence. Krishna says He was accompanied by "mystic power" or "yoga yukta" back then in Kurukshetra. And hence it is impossible for Him to repeat Bhagavad gita. Which means that "mystic power" is none but Bhagavan Narayana who spoke through Krishna hence the gita is called Bhagavad Gita and not Krishna gita.
    This proves the pansophical aspect of Lord Vishnu. He is also present as Krishna just as He is present in all the atoms as Paramatma, Also my point in strengthened specifically when Krishna says not only can He not repeat Bhagavad Gita but also cannot recollect it. So the fact Lord Krishna forgets His own geeta and tells Arjuna that He isnt "sufficient with yoga" anymore to recite Bhagavad gita and goes ahead giving another geeta shows that the yoga He was talking about was none but complete awareness about His own position as Narayana and that it was Bhagavan Narayana speaking through Lord Krishna.

Any more comments to support or refute my view?
    Last edited by ganeshamylord; 08 July 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Re: Anu geeta- The proof of Narayana supervising Krishna?

It is not possible for me to state it again in full in that way. For then accompanied by my mystic power, I declared to you the Supreme Brahman
    I've read this in Sanskrit. I think, There "Yoga-Yukta" word is mentioned for Mystic Power. But what's this yoga-yukta actually meant for?

Namaste,

Anything that denies supremacy of Vishnu is an interpolation to 'some' vaishnavas

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

One who thinks one god in Vedic Religion is superior to another is still living like a frog in the well.He havent attained any God yet.
    We Hindus regard both Siva and Vishnu as the same and this is evident from the fact that in the ecstasy of our devotion, whether were are alone or are in groups, we exclaim " Haro-Hara" and "Govinda-Govinda", which(whose) names come to our lips spontaneously. The holy days of Sivaratri and Janmashtami are divided from each other by exactly 180 days, and this seems to indicate that God in His aspect as Siva protects us during one-half of the year, and in His aspect as Vishnu, in the other half. The traditional practice of boys and girls collecting oil for their vigil on Sivaratri and Janmashtami nights, singing in chorus a song which means that Sivaratri and Sri Jayanti are the same, is another pointer to the identity of these two manifestations of the Divine. Apachaaranivrtti must precede Anugraha - eradication of sins must precede blessings. So God as Hara destroy the sins of His devotees, while as Govinda, He protects them from harm. The expressions Hara -Hara and Govinda-Govinda come to children effortlessly. It is significant that Sri Sankara composed Bhaja Govindam when he was a child and Sri Sambandar sang that Hara naama should envelop the world, when he too was a child. The Upanishads speak of God as Uma-sameta-Parameswara, and it is worthy of note that all children refer to God as Ummachi, which is obviously a contraction for Uma-Maheswara. Thus, in the language of children, there is no difference between Siva and Vishnu.

The sense of religious toleration is not a modern conception. It can be traced to very ancient times. The Kural proclaimed that all teachings referred only to one Porul or Object. Sri Sankara and Sri Sambandar saw the same God worshipped in the six systems to which they referred. Arhat, the name by which Jains call the Supreme Being, is a Vedic name identified with Siva. Other religions also speak of one God.

All troubles in rthis world start only when attempts are made to wean away people from their native religion to convert them to a new faith, by holding out the temptation that people can attain salvation only if they embrace that new faith. This is more than what any sensible person can swallow. Since every religion speaks of God, to ask a person to give up the religion in which he is born is tantamount to asking him to give up God and is a sin against God. It is the duty of every person to follow the religion of his ancestors. If a non-Hindu finds that he had Hindu ancestors, its up to him to revert to Hinduism after performing the prescribed Praayaschitta(purificatory ceremony).

While there is propaganda for other religions, there is none for the Hindu religion. Propaganda is a prescribed duty for other religions, while in respect of Hinduism, it is enjoined that one should not tell unasked-Ma Aprshtah Kasyachit Brooyat. It is noteworthy that so may continue to profess Hindu religion even without preaching and propaganda. The cause of the stability of Hindu religion is that each practised his prescribed Dharma. If each person does his appointed duty, then our religion will be strengthened both in its Vedic foundations and in its ceremonial practices. It is only that way the Vedic religion has survived down the ages.

Namaste

I do not understand what is the problem here?
    It is well known fact that Krishna is Lord Vishnu Himself, and also Supreme Brahman. So He is both, Lord Vishnu and Brahman.
    I do not see how Narayana (Vishnu) can supervise Lord Krishna.
    That would be like saying Lord Vishnu is supervising Lord Vishnu.

regards
    Last edited by brahma jijnasa; 07 July 2014 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste

I do not understand what is the problem here?
    It is well known fact that Krishna is Lord Vishnu Himself, and also Supreme Brahman. So He is both, Lord Vishnu and Brahman.
    I do not see how Narayana (Vishnu) can supervise Lord Krishna.
    That would be like saying Lord Vishnu is supervising Lord Vishnu.

regards
    Namaste
    Whatever i quoted is not my opinion and is from the itihasa Mahabharata which is considered more authentic than the puranas.
    Moreso since you are more interested in the pauranic versions il give you a snap from the esteemed Bhagavata itself
    SB 10.89.57
    vavanda ātmānam anantam acyuto
     jiṣṇuś ca tad-darśana-jāta-sādhvasaḥ
    tāv āha bhūmā parameṣṭhināṁ prabhur
     beddhā�jalī sa-smitam ūrjayā girā

Lord Kṛṣṇa offered homage to Himself in this boundless form, and Arjuna, astonished at the sight of Lord Mahā-Viṣṇu, bowed down as well. Then, as the two of them stood before Him with joined palms, the almighty Mahā-Viṣṇu, supreme master of all rulers of the universe, smiled and spoke to them in a voice full of solemn authority.

Here Lord Krishna takes Arjuna to Mahavishnu and bows His head unto Him. So it doesnt mean He is inferior to Mahavishnu but He is bowing down unto His own self.

SB 10.89.58
    dvijātmajā me yuvayor didṛkṣuṇā
     mayopanītā bhuvi dharma-guptaye
    kalāvatīrṇāv avaner bharāsurān
     hatveha bhūyas tvarayetam anti me

Lord Mahā-Viṣṇu said:I brought the brāhmaṇa’s sons here because I wanted to see the two of you, My expansions, who have descended to the earth to save the principles of religion. As soon as you finish killing the demons who burden the earth, quickly come back here to Me.
    Here Lord Mahavishnu clearly states that both Arjuna and Krishna are His Amshas or Kalas. And He orders them to come back to Him quickly
    All these arent my versions but are directly from scriptures

But what i feel is unacceptable is when some gaudiya followers tell me that Mahavishnu took His avatar as Acharya Advaita just to serve Sri Chaintanya who was Krishna because He was so enthusiastic in serving Krishnas feet? I think that view is not accepted by any other vaishnava sampradaya as Truth or for that matter vedic.
    Last edited by ganeshamylord; 07 July 2014 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    I've read this in Sanskrit. I think, There "Yoga-Yukta" word is mentioned for Mystic Power. But what's this yoga-yukta actually meant for?
    Namaste
    Yes even i was wondering how Krishna who is all pervading cannot be situated in yoga at that particular time? Is it His contact with His own Maya that made Him say that? Yoga i think is realization of the self as eternal and since Krishna was self realized right from birth this "yoga yukta" word even perplexes me

Namaste,

According to Mahabharata and Yoga Vasista, Arjuna and Krishna are avatars of Nara and Narayana respectively. Nara will pass through all the joys and sorrows but Narayana will be aware of his Self. I cant remember exact verses.

I do not go too deep and take things too seriously and literally to the pUrvabhumikA-s. They are created so as to create an atmosphere before giving new updeshas.

Krishna rooted in Brahman said that I am Brahman. At times he said as ISvara too in gItA.

It shows importance of gItA. Krishna also gave 3 more instructions, 3 to arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, Anu Gita / Brahmana gita (part of Anu Gita), Uttara Gita (mostly independent text, with commentary by Gaudapadacharya) and last upsdesha is given to Uddhava in the form of Uddhava Gita. All these are for the good of us. IF we do not stick to Brahman as 'person' lots of problems can be neutralized.

Just my two cents.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

hello/namaste

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Uttara Gita (mostly independent text, with commentary by Gaudapadacharya)

Hari OM
    I would like to read it as I'm really impressed by his commentary on Mandukya Upanishada. What an excellence in logics and Knowledge ! Just perfect ! Some of his logics are exactly same as mine, may be in my previous births I was a follower of Gaudapada
    Last edited by yajvan; 07 July 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Here Lord Krishna takes Arjuna to Mahavishnu and bows His head unto Him. So it doesnt mean He is inferior to Mahavishnu but He is bowing down unto His own self.
    Yes, but then why would that mean that Narayana (Vishnu) is supervising Krishna?

EDIT:
    Here Lord Mahavishnu clearly states that both Arjuna and Krishna are His Amshas or Kalas. And He orders them to come back to Him quickly
    All these arent my versions but are directly from scriptures
    It's just their conversation. I do not see how this would mean that He orders them, or that Narayana (Vishnu) is supervising Krishna.

But what i feel is gross concoction of vedas is when some gaudiya followers tell me that Mahavishnu took His avatar as Acharya Advaita just to serve Sri Chaintanya who was Krishna because He was so enthusiastic in serving Krishnas feet? I think it is unauthorized self indulgent self serving lies like these which destroy sanatana dharma and make the followers antivedic.
    I do not want to comment on this because you obviously do not understand many of the attitudes that are represented in the Gaudiya vaishnava tradition.
    Besides it is not wise idea to come here to the Vaishnava forum and then talk "I think it is unauthorized self indulgent self serving lies ...". It could easily happen you become banned. Watch out!

regards
    Last edited by brahma jijnasa; 07 July 2014 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information