Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fine Line : Devotion/Belief

Re: Fine Line : Devotion/Belief

Vannakkam GP: Oh yes, the Sunday Hindu. We just got back from the temple here ... about 30 people on a Tuesday night. I was trimming roses, but Boss went in. If you only have the resources to open once a week, why not Friday?

Aum Namasivaya

This past weekend we went to the Temple upon the 4th of July. Hoping that it would be empty because of the holiday. Which was a correct assumption as we were the only ones there for an hour or so. Our beloved Pujari came in while I was singing alone and became so joyful of the song he request to give Mahadeva a bath in front of me...and this is the single most wonderful thing he could offer me on this day.

We got almost completely through when some native Hindu come in...they were from out of town, all in shorts and American flag tee shirts from Old Navy. Very casual.

We were just about done with the whole thing when our Pujari comes round with a hand wash. Which these ladies and fellows tried to drink.

They burst out in laughter at their not understanding what to do!

But, you know what I think? (I hope you do :P)

I think that if you act a certain way...even if it's phoney bologney...eventually that begins to make an impact!

When I see a very lil child in the Temple with hands together, eyes closed...trying very hard to emulate their parents...I see that first step. Which is perhaps devoid of the feelings...and just going through the motions. Yet from this...comes true Bhakti.

So I don't mind sunday folks coming in to get a taste of the good stuff (bhakti) Mahadeva and lil Lord Ganapati have a way of working goodly things into a person without much outward signs!

Something that starts out as just mimicry....so very often blooms into full on devotion. <3

Bhakti is like a precious flower....it takes some time to bloom.

The whole process may not look fruitful...buds often don't seem so spectacular...but just wait...it's going to be wonderful! <3

Dear friends ,
    Devotion or bhakthi is overflowing love , where there are no rules what so ever . The devotee can take all liberties with his personal deity .God is like a mother and when a mother looks after the child with great care , the child does not sit up and sing all the songs of praises. The mother on her part does not expect any gratitude .
    But belief is inculcated in the psyche by others , be it parents , or teachers or society . Beliefs go with certain amount of rigidity.

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Devotion or bhakthi is overflowing love , where there are no rules what so ever .
    Vannakkam: No rules whatsoever? You're sure about that?

Aum Namasivaya

Yes intense trust and love makes the deity a slave to his devotee ,of course the ishtadevatha , waits and sees , whether it is real bhakthi or smart move of clever bargaining.

The point that God becomes a slave to his devotee was proved in the lives of bhakthas many times .

unfortunately we can't produce any evidences because a true and sincere devotee never bothers to prove any thing to any one and a semi devotee is incapable of proving any point. A real gnani who crossed the portal of Maya never even think of proving .

Regards

Thread Information