Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active members

Active members

Namaste,

It seems there are only
    30-50 active & regular participants in HDF.Very few early/senior members post in discussions,any reason why it is so?

He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Re: Active members

Vannakkam Ram: I think that as individuals, eventually all the topics you ever want to discuss get discussed, and then after that it's just repeating the same thing over and over. There are often many readers here though, so HDF is a useful resource.

I used to try to post new topics, but basically, I ran out of ideas. There is only so much to talk about.

Besides, people get bored, move on, decide it's not really that valuable, etc.

Aum Namasivaya

Dear friends ,
    Apart from running out new ideas to discuss , some times harsh rejoinders also discourage the members.

Namaste,

I am usually around every day at least for a bit, but rarely post. If I feel I have something to contribute I will, but mostly I am here to learn and absorb. I imagine there are many others who do the same.

Pranam.
    Om Namah Shivaya

namaste,
    I like to think that those members are meditating but what eastern mind says is more practical.

People eventually run out of ideas, steam, interest etc. as its the same things over and over again. In the end 'silence is really gold', no really.
    satay

Satay.,

This is discussion form and we will never run out of idea! ( discussions never stop as long as we can speak and type of course - with an internet connection)

In my case, i slowed down a lot due to change in my job location and also not seeing much fellow minded people here. Secondly, this forum is too much in to certain topic/faith alone and thus the more generic appeal is yet to be built.

Assure that i gonna post few topics/threads in the coming days!

Hare Krshna!

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    It seems there are only 30-50 active & regular participants in HDF.Very few early/senior members post in discussions,any reason why it is so?
    As has already been said, there are many reasons why there is a limited active participation,

1. People get bored with the discussions here and find a new avenue for their entertainment.
    2. Very few people come here to learn. Most have 'made up' minds on every issue and come here just to teach and ramble. When they run out of disciples, they move on.
    3. Some are Indian Govt. BABUS with some people under their direct supervision, or in a profession where they are thought of as gods at their work. They can't shake off their titles when they come to the forum. They are not used to being treated as equals and expect to be put on a pedestal. When that wish not granted, they leave in a huff.
    4. People who are really in pursuit of spirituality, learn some aspects of it and then go off to practice Bhakti to grow and ascend to a higher plane. Constant banter here is just a waste of time.

And the list goes on....

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friends ,
    Apart from running out new ideas to discuss , some times harsh rejoinders also discourage the members.
    When I think of myself as the final authority on a topic and post something controversial, I can bring out the worst in others. So, either I can blame others for their harsh rejoinders or I can control and improve myself to make sure that my posts don't evoke negativity. It is all up to me. The only person I can control and shape is myself; failing which I can continue blaming others for my unhappiness.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 17 July 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,
    I like to think that those members are meditating

In the end 'silence is really gold', no really.

People who are really in pursuit of spirituality, learn some aspects of it and then go off to practice Bhakti to grow and ascend to a higher plane.

Namaste,

The above reasons are pleasing to know and inspiring as well.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Having a meaningful conversation about this wonderful space is a daunting task. Often, I wish I could have goodly advice about things which I am thinking about...only to later rethink sharing.

I suppose sometimes it's like allowing the rain to just run down your face and letting things happen the way they must. Without spending too long worrying about it.

Truly silence is Golden.

Hari Om

Namaste HDF

Ram,

Do not know answer for all, but share my thoughts from single Jivas POV:

Early on HDF: Ignorant to social media and forums. This was truly a relationship bonding experience for me beyond what guess will call Sanatana Dharma learning experience. There was a core of people commuincated and shared with. It was very meaningful to me. Today it is different to me here on HDF. Different, not worse. Still hold some early beliefs about HDF. As JaiJi mentions, much, even this question has been asked before. In response though, one of many values of HDF, even his and BeliverJi's response to such a question is slightly different based on their experiences and growth. This is a boon, even with same question asked. Same question, answered differrently, this time by Satay. So all moves on, differenly, but with value. Thank you for your seva Satay.

In past, DevoteeJi as just one example, would have posted more and from here would look forward to each. He now posts less, still look forward to it. Thank you. Grames is not so much specifically to me, but when posts, much offered that recieve gifts from. Thank you. The what I perceive as such friendly back and forth from BelieverJi and JaiJi, priceless. Thank you.

Even with less posting from here, get so much value. Silence. Taking chance but do not think BelieverJi will take offense. By reading and following at times would see him as passive aggressive, as was trained to defend. With silence, see such beauty for SD he brings. A perspective that was ignorant to. Thank you.

If same question was posted 365 times a year, still each and everyone of NayaSurya's responses would be some type of divine poetry to me. Never the same. Thank you.

Another who do not think would want named, posts somewhat infrequently, but when he does, how to quantify what he shares? Just rich. Thank you.

Guess fall with Fem Phoenix to OP point. Thank you. With Grames that HDF will not run out of fuel. HDF will continue to be different, but will continue to offer so much to so many.

The quality of material available here offered by all of HDF and specific people like SaidevoJi, is just unreal. Just unmatched. For me at least, what do have to offer in posting something(???) and the past resources and quality of current posts keep me less from posting. The discussions that currently take place and the sharings are just so good to focus on. Would not trade this gift for anything.

Thank you.

Om Shanti Om Shanti

Om Namah Shivaya

FFTW

Thread Information