Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new to discuss - The Prophecy of a Golden Age in Kali Yuga

Re: Something new to discuss - The Prophecy of a Golden Age in Kali Yuga

namaste Brahma Jijnasa.

This scripture quote "My worship will subsist on earth in the iron age only for ten thousand years; and Ganga, the consecrator of the world, will remain only for half of the above period", literally made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I cannot imagine not having Ganga Full of mercy. Ganga is sort of central to my personal practice, in relation to Kashi. But I am now thinking it is true, Ganga will "disappear" just as Saraswati did (though Sadhus know secret access to Saraswati).

Now this is quite frightening to me, but since Ganga is here now then I have thousands of years before then.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste,

Ever since I became a member of this forum, hardly a day goes by that I don't hear about Kali Yuga. Personally to me it is a meaningless concept. We have to come here repeatedly to try to rise to a higher level of spirituality. So, so long as we are given a human life and a chance to advance spiritually, what difference does it make what yuga it is? Why not just stay focused on our task and let the chips fall where they may? When the going gets tough, the tough get going. So, if it is difficult to adhere to the spiritual regimen in the current birth because of the external circumstances, we have to double our efforts and not let this golden opportunity of human birth slip by. Bemoaning constantly about KALI YUGA and wishing for something else is fantasy. It is what it is and we have to live with it and make the best of it. Complaining about Kali Yuga is like average people complaining about Mondays when they have to get back to work after the leisurely weekend. If God made all the days of the week, accept them and do the best. if God made different Yugas, live through them and make the most of your human existence. Wondering and hoping and dreaming about the Golden age is like looking for a mirage. Even if it materializes, we might be long gone after wasting a lifetime without any spiritual advancement before it comes along. So quit dreaming and wishing and get busy!

Dang, somebody take that soapbox away from me.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 19 July 2014 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam

but I see no reason to lump every other Hindu practice that you either don't understand or find it illogical, thus dismiss them with disdain and in the process condemn an age old practice in this case the reverence that Hindus hold for maa Ganga or Yamunamayi, murti puja or Puranas.

Kumbh mela held every twelve years in four different places, to take a dip it's an experience to cherish but according to you these Hindus are all lunies, no you did not say it in so many words!

For the record I don't believe in this golden age but I have nothing against those who do. I am thankful to Chaitanya mahaprabhu for the sankirtan movement.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Namaste
    I believe what i experience. I gave my personal experience with my best friend and i wasnot even kidding about the diarrhea part.
    . For me ganga yamuna sarasvati represent ida pingala sushumna nadis. And they definitely can clean my consciousness but if you are talking of the river ganga then
    i dont believe it can clean sins just like how i dont believe the age old custom upholding the idea that child marriage protects the character of a girl by preventing her from sleeping around with other men.There is a difference between being ritualistic and spiritualistic .Rituals might be regressive but spirituality is always progressive.

And regarding sri chaitanya you are free to adore him, but i dont think that spreading sankirtan movement by itself makes a person equal to God and gives his disciples the right to create the dumbest stories including he being worshipped by MahaVishnu etc And if sankirtan movement produces "acharyas" who support a regressive system where children are deprived of education and sent to "vedic gurukulas" where they can get abused and are at the mercy of their "spritual" masters who can molest them then i think this sankirtan system is the benefactor of the real kaliyuga.
    If only we get out of the superficial facade of rituals and power politics these disgusting things would leave Kaliyuga and the real golden age would dawn.

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Namaste
    I believe what i experience. I gave my personal experience with my best friend and i wasnot even kidding about the diarrhea part.
    You are perfectly within your rights to believe what you like and in Don't doubt your experience about your best friend.

. For me ganga yamuna sarasvati represent ida pingala sushumna nadis. And they definitely can clean my consciousness but if you are talking of the river ganga then i dont believe it can clean sins
    Good for you, just don't be so brazen about the Hindu culture that has revolved around these great holy rivers in more ways then you can ever imagine.
    Yes it is sad that today those rivers are in a sorry state and that is not fault or holiness of the river but it reflects the unholy state of the Hindu society.

just like how i dont believe the age old custom upholding the idea that child marriage protects the character of a girl by preventing her from sleeping around with other men.
    Here we go again typical western mentality,find fault that are prevalent lump everything to gather, and then we will throw the baby with the dirty water.

There is a difference between being ritualistic and spiritualistic .Rituals might be regressive but spirituality is always progressive.
    I like this word spiritualist, I find a lot of them use it to by pass the Yam and Niyamas, instant nirvana!!

Vedas must have been written for unintelligent.

surly no one thinks to be a great sportsman one has to be dedicated follow rules and regulation, no no we will be great just thinking it!

And regarding sri chaitanya you are free to adore him, but i dont think that spreading sankirtan movement by itself makes a person equal to God
    I never said that and if people do that should not stop me adoring his life.

and gives his disciples the right to create the dumbest stories including he being worshipped by MahaVishnu etc And if sankirtan movement produces "acharyas" who support a regressive system where children are deprived of education and sent to "vedic gurukulas" where they can get abused and are at the mercy of their "spritual" masters who can molest them then i think this sankirtan system is the benefactor of the real kaliyuga.
    If only we get out of the superficial facade of rituals and power politics these disgusting things would leave Kaliyuga and the real golden age would dawn.
    Here we go again you are using one organisation failure to condemn the lot. There is no chance of golden age in Kaliyuga and that is no fault of Dharma or the rituals but free for all anything goes attitude in today's society and so called modern education. Child abuse is not just cancer that you sighted in one organisation but you will find this rampant everywhere just look around.
    It is failure to abide in dharma that is the root cause.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Namaste ganeshprasad

Here we go again typical western mentality,find fault that are prevalent lump everything to gather, and then we will throw the baby with the dirty water
    what i tried to say is Hinduism is Sanatana dharma. It is sat chit and ananda. Anything which is not among these three is not Hinduism. While i am not being consdescending specifically against our whole religion as i feel it is the best as pitted against the other religions which have neither spirit nor truth nor culture, id ofcourse like any other person appreciate if it is progressive with the times. Also time place and circumstances are always mentioned in our scriptures and no where is it mentioned to stick to the previous age~
    If a person still supports age old customs(customs not sadhana) or anything that relates to the bodily rituals of those times i would accept it if he himself follows them before lecturing me on the merits of them. For i feel a person who supports some customs, like say child marriage,would be eligible to argue pro puranic culture only if he marries his own daughter at 11 years. Else that will make him a hypocrite.
    And while i love our religion which isnot a religion but a way of life, disagreeing with certain shortcomings will not make me any less a hindu than anyone else. Ultimately rules and rituals are meant to take us to that sat chit ananda but if they take us somewhere else i dont find any point valuing them.

Here we go again you are using one organisation failure to condemn the lot. There is no chance of golden age in Kaliyuga and that is no fault of Dharma or the rituals but free for all anything goes attitude in today's society and so called modern education. Child abuse is not just cancer that you sighted in one organisation but you will find this rampant everywhere just look around.
    It is failure to abide in dharma that is the root cause.
    Yes i do understand your pov. yes because for me the gravity of the sins of such organisations is unforgivable irrespective of how we might whitewash it. Either way, i also feel that the superficial religion that such organisations propose, which ends up in numbing the quest for further improvement by shoving down an "as it is" title and asking people to accept those rules as they are without questioning, is a sin both according to modern and vedic standards.
    Second it is not just organisational failure because these rules were a core part of the movements philosophy itself. The fact that its founder supported things like worthlessness of female children,women, modern education and modern science lead to his disciples don such a sinful casual misdemeanor where in they thought abusing a child is alright as long as they chant their 16 rounds of sin~ Had the founder told his disciple " Please stick to your 16 rounds and stop abusing children" id accept it but he instead said "Sex is an itching sensation and women enjoy rape and widows deserve to be raped by a man because it pleasures them even if they show external disapproval" Dont you think such statements carry a potential to mislead his already dumb druggie disciples?
    Vishnu banished Jaya Vijaya just for a small mistake. He gave the body of a demon to Chitraketu for laughing at someone.
    So to say since the organisation has done the greater good of spreading sankirtan movement it has to be forgiven for any grave sin is not worthy of sanatana dharma.

Second for all people who find faults with modern education and support purANIC way of life,. You will have my due respects if you first practice what you preach. If you are such a great supporter of pauranic system please follow it,send you children to gurukuls,deprive them of modern education,stop using english language and internet ,use only sanskrit and then speak of anything else. You cant have the cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by ganeshamylord; 21 July 2014 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    namaste Brahma Jijnasa.

This scripture quote "My worship will subsist on earth in the iron age only for ten thousand years; and Ganga, the consecrator of the world, will remain only for half of the above period", literally made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I cannot imagine not having Ganga Full of mercy. Ganga is sort of central to my personal practice, in relation to Kashi. But I am now thinking it is true, Ganga will "disappear" just as Saraswati did (though Sadhus know secret access to Saraswati).

Now this is quite frightening to me, but since Ganga is here now then I have thousands of years before then.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Namaste ShivaFan

I'm not sure did you get it. The text says Lord Krishna will be worshipped for 10000 years in the Kali age, and Ganga will remain only for half of this period, ie 5000 years. Now, consider the fact that we are now for more than 5000 years in the Kali age it means that Ganga is about to disappear. Ganga may soon disappear in a few decades or in the best case in a few centuries if we take this 10000 years as a rough approximation.
    Did you get it?

regards

Pranam Ganeshamylord

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Namaste ganeshprasad

what i tried to say is Hinduism is Sanatana dharma. It is sat chit and ananda.
    Anything which is not among these three is not Hinduism.

It seems everyone has an opinion on what SD dharma is and I am no exception. To be able to achieve what you say, which is Nobel, requires tapas, dedication following rules and regulations. It is said the path of sura is like walking on double edge sword.

While i am not being consdescending specifically against our whole religion as i feel it is the best as pitted against the other religions which have neither spirit nor truth nor culture, id ofcourse like any other person appreciate if it is progressive with the times. Also time place and circumstances are always mentioned in our scriptures and no where is it mentioned to stick to the previous age~
    I don't know what you are getting at, truth is not dynamic but path to getting there may very.

If a person still supports age old customs(customs not sadhana) or anything that relates to the bodily rituals of those times i would accept it if he himself follows them before lecturing me on the merits of them. For i feel a person who supports some customs, like say child marriage,would be eligible to argue pro puranic culture only if he marries his own daughter at 11 years. Else that will make him a hypocrite.
    Now I don't remember anyone here making such a case, you are creating your own straw man

And while i love our religion which isnot a religion but a way of life, disagreeing with certain shortcomings will not make me any less a hindu than anyone else. Ultimately rules and rituals are meant to take us to that sat chit ananda but if they take us somewhere else i dont find any point valuing them.
    Again no one suggesting that here, I certainly did not say anything to that fact.

As for Puranas and ithihas like Ramayan and MahaBharat are very much part of our culture and I don't doubt its validity, save for some obvious misrepresentation both Saiva and Vaishnava had been guilty of doctoring and later by the enemy of our faith who ruled over us for nearly 1000 years
    But I feel major part of it is intact only we are not able dissect or digest some of the stories in them, I ignore the ones I don't understand and move on, I have no right to condemn our ancestors for preserving them, they certainly were more advanced then us who are bent on destroying the world the way we are progressing.

Yes i do understand your pov. yes because for me the gravity of the sins of such organisations is unforgivable irrespective of how we might whitewash it. Either way, i also feel that the superficial religion that such organisations propose, which ends up in numbing the quest for further improvement by shoving down an "as it is" title and asking people to accept those rules as they are without questioning, is a sin both according to modern and vedic standards.
    Second it is not just organisational failure because these rules were a core part of the movements philosophy itself. The fact that its founder supported things like worthlessness of female children,women, modern education and modern science lead to his disciples don such a sinful casual misdemeanor where in they thought abusing a child is alright as long as they chant their 16 rounds of sin~ Had the founder told his disciple " Please stick to your 16 rounds and stop abusing children" id accept it but he instead said "Sex is an itching sensation and women enjoy rape and widows deserve to be raped by a man because it pleasures them even if they show external disapproval" Dont you think such statements carry a potential to mislead his already dumb druggie disciples?
    Vishnu banished Jaya Vijaya just for a small mistake. He gave the body of a demon to Chitraketu for laughing at someone.
    So to say since the organisation has done the greater good of spreading sankirtan movement it has to be forgiven for any grave sin is not worthy of sanatana dharma.
    As I said before I agree with you on many things you mention here, in fact I could add quite a bit more but to be fair to them most off them transgressions happened in its infancy and that is not to say they are absolved of the crimes committed.
    They still dupe our Hindu community in many ways which is not worthy of our dharma, these if you like we can discuss in a separate thread with a bit of Sensitivity(Vivek) only if there is a participation of the Iskcon member who would be happy to defend their position. I see most of them run away when they hear the criticism.

Second for all people who find faults with modern education and support purANIC way of life,. You will have my due respects if you first practice what you preach. If you are such a great supporter of pauranic system please follow it,send you children to gurukuls,deprive them of modern education,stop using english language and internet ,use only sanskrit and then speak of anything else. You cant have the cake and eat it too.
    Alas the puranic system of education is well and truly destroyed first by the Muslims and the the Brits made sure to destroy the guru kuala system they knew it was the back bone of our culture and introduced the modern system off education with their lies present in the text book still prevalent which has caused havoc in the present day culture that is culminated in the Bollywood culture.
    Education that we have today, is mainly geared for material success pitched against the remnants of only source of old, what remains within the family set up, unfortunately unable to back up due to lack of shastra knowledge (not helped by our own calling it a myth, the spread of lies truly accepted by academia) I can only lament the past, given a choice I would accept Gurukula with Sanskrit as medium. Pranam

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information