Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which deity to praise to obtain wealth?

Unhappy Which deity to praise to obtain wealth?

Namaste all.
    I already posted this post at http://www.hindunet.com/forum/showfl...5635#Post65635

Dear brothers and sisters,I can assure you that the reason I want to became wealthy is not just to be wealthy.Thanks to much wealth,I will not need to work anymore.
    Even my family will not need to work anymore.
    So,thanks to the fact that I will have much free time and because of many money,I will use all my free time for spiritual purposes.I will buy many spiritual books,I will do many travels to Sri vaishnava temples in India.And I will use money to build at least a Laxmi-Narayana temple in my country and I will help poor people.I will try do many good deeds.Because I will not work anymore,I will use all my free time for devotional activities.
    One may say that if I will became wealthy I will bacame a materialist man.But I can assure you that I developed enough vairagya thanks to my religion.
    I already know that while some men become materialist because of wealth,I will obtain peace of mind because I know how to use it.Because of my work,almost every day I have to have to do with people that ruin my peace of mind.
    My questions is:which deity is better to worship in order to obtain quickly wealth?
    Please read what happens in the Chapter XI of the first book of Sri Vishnu Purana.
    By http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/vp/vp046.htm
    Having thus spoken, Dhruva went forth from his mother's dwelling: he quitted the city, and entered an adjoining thicket, where he beheld seven Munis sitting upon hides of the black antelope, which they had taken from off their persons, and spread over the holy kusa grass. Saluting them reverentially, and bowing humbly before then, the prince said, "Behold in me, venerable men, the son of Uttánapáda, born of

p. 88

[paragraph continues] Suníti. Dissatisfied with the world, I appear before you." The Rishis replied; "The son of a king, and but four or five years of age, there can be no reason, child, why you should be dissatisfied with life; you cannot be in want of any thing whilst the king your father reigns; we cannot imagine that you suffer the pain of separation from the object of your affections; nor do we observe in your person any sign of disease. What is the cause of your discontent? Tell us, if it is known to yourself."

Dhruva then repeated to the Rishis what Suruchi had spoken to him; and when they had heard his story, they said to one another, "How surprising is the vehemence of the Kshetriya nature, that resentment is cherished even by a child, and he cannot efface from his mind the harsh speeches of a step-mother. Son of a Kshetriya, tell us, if it be agreeable to thee, what thou hast proposed, through dissatisfaction with the world, to accomplish. If thou wishest our aid in what thou hast to do, declare it freely, for we perceive that thou art desirous to speak."

Dhruva said; "Excellent sages, I wish not for riches, neither do I want dominion: I aspire to such a station as no one before me has attained. Tell me what I must do to effect this object; how I may reach an elevation superior to all other dignities." The Rishis severally thus replied.--Maríchi said; "The best of stations is not within the reach of men who fail to propitiate Govinda. Do thou, prince, worship the undecaying (Achyuta)." Atri said; "He with whom the first of spirits, Janárddana, is pleased, obtains imperishable dignity. I declare unto you the truth." Angiras said; "If you desire an exalted station, worship that Govinda in whom, immutable and undecaying, all that is, exists." Pulastya said; "He who adores the divine Hari, the supreme soul, supreme glory, who is the supreme Brahma, obtains what is difficult of attainment, eternal liberation." "When that Janárddana," observed Kratu, "who in sacrifices is the soul of sacrifice, and who in abstract contemplation is supreme spirit, is pleased, there is nothing man may not acquire." Pulaha said; "Indra, having worshipped" the lord of the world, obtained the dignity of king of the celestials. Do thou adore, pious youth, that Vishńu, the lord of sacrifice." "Any thing, child, that the mind covets," exclaimed Vaśisht́ha, "may be obtained by propitiating

p. 89

[paragraph continues] Vishńu, even though it he the station that is the most excellent in the three worlds."

Dhruva replied to them; "You have told me, humbly bending before you, what deity is to be propitiated: now inform me what prayer is to he meditated by me, that will offer him gratification. May the great Rishis, looking upon me with favour, instruct me how I am to propitiate the god." The Rishis answered; "Prince, thou deservest to hear how the adoration of Vishńu has been performed by those who have been devoted to his service. The mind must first be made to forsake all external impressions, and a man must then fix it steadily on that being in whom the world is. By him whose thoughts are thus concentrated on one only object, and wholly filled by it; whose spirit is firmly under control; the prayer that we shall repeat to thee is to be inaudibly recited: 'Om! glory to Vásudeva, whose essence is divine wisdom; whose form is inscrutable, or is manifest as Brahmá, Vishńu, and Śiva 2.' This prayer, which was formerly uttered by your grandsire, the Manu Swáyambhuva, and propitiated by which, Vishńu conferred upon him the prosperity he desired, and which was unequalled in the three worlds, is to be recited by thee. Do thou constantly repeat this prayer, for the gratification of Govinda."

I am very interested to what Sage Vasishtha says:
    Any thing, child, that the mind covets may be obtained by propitiating Vishńu, even though it he the station that is the most excellent in the three worlds.
    I covet wealth,so I think that in order to obtain it I should propitiate Lord Vishnu by reciting many times every day tha mantra "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya".

Or I may propotiate more Sri Maha-Lakshmi by reciting Om Sri MahaLakshmiay namah.

Or I may propitiate a great deva like Lord Shiva.
    At http://www.livelongto100years.com/mantras.html I found the following:
    “Om Namah Sivaya”
    It is the mantra of Lord Shiva. Many people have become multi-millioner from penniless by enchanting this mantra. Lord Shiva is very innocent God and bestows his blessings immediately on the devotee.

“Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya”
    The mantra of Lord Vishnu. Any thing in the world is possible by worshipping lord Vishnu, who sustains the life in world. Enchanting this mantra saves you from many types of troubles. It bestows the devotee with prosperity, peace, wealth etc.

So,who I should more in order to obtain quickly wealth?
    Lord Vishnu,Sri Lakshmi,Lord Shiva?Or some other deva?

Please note that this questions is very important for me!

Regards,
    Orlando.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but there are no gods that you can worship to get wealthy.

The 'gods', so-called by the Greeks, or 'devas' and 'asuras' as they are known on the path of sanathana dharma, are not proud beings who need to have their egos stroked by worshippers upon whom, in their gratitude, they shower good fortune. This is a storybook understanding of the 'gods' that is for children.

The ancients understood the term 'gods' or 'devas' as aspects of nature in the manifest form of the Supreme Godhead. The purpose of human life is to love the Supreme Godhead with all your heart and all your soul. After that, you will be given whatever it is you need - poverty or riches, fame or infamy, illness or health - whatever it will take for you to burn the seeds of your karma and merge with God.

You don't need to be wealthy to express your devotion to God. You just need a pure and loving heart. Without that, all the riches in the world won't help you. And with that, you won't even notice whether you're rich or poor.
    Gill

Orlando, traditionally it is Mahalakshmi who you pray for wealth. You can also have kubera yantra at home or do kubera pooja to attain wealth. But be sure to put in some effort on your job.

Orlando, Vishnu sahasranamam has many mantra verses in it that will lead you to good life.
    Read it daily.

Hi Naro Narayana

So according to your recipe, the Indian people must be the richest people in the world, as they pray to Mahalakshmi far more than anyone else does!

The streets of Mumbai and Chennai must be paved with gold!
    Gill

not really Gill. If you observe clearly the marwadis ( jewellery shop owners pawn brokers ) do lay an extra emphasis on Mahalakshmi worship. In chennai you will find lot of ganesha temples and siva and vishnu temples. there is only one temple for lakshmi in chennai which is ashtalakshmi temple in besant nagar . in bombay there is a mahalakshmi temple in grant road.

actually we dont pray much to mahalakshmi. we need to do prya a lot. ironically india was rich few hundred years ago. on hearing those riches Christopher columbus , vascodagama all wanted to find a route to india.

Yep, India was the richest country for hundreds of years.........and then the British came along. But now India is bringing itself back up and is now being called asia's second superpower.

Neko dont say anything bad about British loud. Gill is English . British only ravaged the left overs of Muslim onslaught.

I realised mahalakshmi worship is important only when i lived in bombay . you will see lot of venkateswara swami pictures and mahalakshmi pictures. gujus are smart a$$e$. they know which swamy is powerful and dont forget to pray to Lord at thirupathi to prosper in business. One guju/srilankan tamil cross breed guy told me this .

I can't help it, it's evident. Don't worry Gill I have Welsh blood in me so I'm pretty much criticizing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nekozuki
    I can't help it, it's evident. Don't worry Gill I have Welsh blood in me so I'm pretty much criticizing myself.
    lol i wanted to add that but it was after i posted it. Gill wont take it serious. She is much more open minded than that.

Thread Information