Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
Namaste Ram116040

And like you, I am perplexed to now realize that art of this same in color, is not to be found. Amazing to me, actually. Perhaps there is, but I have failed to find such a treasure. It must be there. Perhaps painted on some temple wall in South India, spared of non-Hindu assault. Perhaps on parchment of native regional tradition.
Namaste Ji,

Indeed it is really strange that in the land of innumerable temples and paintings Devi Uma Parvati's image is missing.As you say she must be there somewhere,just hidden.

But is there no depiction as you seek in this Universe? For the first time, despite my passion for the history and lineage of the Devatas and Devi, I have failed.

But now I am inspired as well. I will continue to look, perhaps it is beyond my reach, but I do have one idea. That I will draw and paint this Figure myself.

Time came and past, I did not find it. Perhaps another member still will, I will be so happy if so. In the meantime, I will draw. But that will take time.

ShivaFan Ji, I do not consider this as your failure.It is wonderful that you have decided to help us by painting the Goddess yourself.(I did not know you are an artist,if possible can we see your works?)

When Parvati holds the Blue Lotus and gestures the Abhaya Mudra, then She has just come out of Meditation and She first wishes to see Shiva. Her wishes are the command of the Universe and come true.

There are many pictures in the internet that depict the Goddess performing penance to attain Lord Shiva(before the celestial wedding).

I would like to know why the Goddess is said to meditate even after attaining Lord Shiva?

I do not know about Ashoka Sundari Devi.I hope members can shed some light on her.

P.S.There are a few ancient paintings of the Goddess I found during the search but I feel they are inappropriate depictions and not at all suitable for worship or spiritual pursuits.If anyone wants those paintings for purely historical/art information purpose I'll post the links.